NOTE: This is a thread to sign up to be a Campaign Committee Member, not a Campaign Participant. If you are here just to sign up to participate in a future campaign - this is not your thread
Given the interest in hosting a number of campaigns, or more specifically, resuming our campaign hosting ideas from before the crash, I have deduced that I need a team working with me to design the campaigns, moderate how they're run and to clean up the mess after they're over. For this, I need a Campaign Committee.
You, yes you, would make an ideal
volunteer worker, and a viable addition to the Campaign Committee - helping not only myself, but everybody on the forum as more help will mean more potential for successful campaigns, and hence more fun, for everyone.
If you sign up to be a member of the Campaign Committee, you are expected to do a number of jobs, and have a number of responsibilities. Typical jobs may include, but aren't limited to the following:
- Discussing Campaign Ideas for the next campaign
- Narrowing down all Campaign Ideas to three or four
- Organise a Voting Thread for the Public to vote for their favourite out of the ones presented
- Monitor and keep an updated tally of a certain team in the campaign
- Sum up the campaign when it's over
- Provide a short amount of feedback to the rest of the Committee afterwards listing how you thought the campaign went - what aspects worked and which aspects could be improved on for the next campaign.
I will need nine (9) committee members in order to assist me fully - and each member's responsibilities may be bigger or smaller than another members, depending on their role in the campaign. For example, I'll only appoint one Monitor/Moderator to keep a tally of the campaign points per faction - which is a large amount of demanded work compared to the other roles required. All members will be involved in the Discussing ideas and the Feedback sections of the campaign.
What you need to become a committee member:
- Good Availability. You need to be able to access the forum at least four days a week in order to tally the scores. Tallying may only take 5 minutes, but if scores are not updated as constantly as possible, players like to remind you!
- Good work ethic. As the points-tallier for both IG and Orks in the last campaign, I understand that it's not the most energetic or adrenaline-rushing job to tally up scores for a few months. We need committee members that are happy to knuckle down and get the gruelling jobs done. With a decent sized committee - we can see that no member has to do too many campaigns as a Score Tallier
- Be able to listen. I know, it might sound trivial, but we want people who are willing to share their ideas, and also equally willing to accept another person's idea over your own. There are no bonus points for who's campaign idea gets chosen - it's not a competition. Everyone's campaign idea will eventually get chosen anyway accross the course of time.
- Maintain a good reputation. I know it's silly stuff, and such stuff hasn't happened in quite some time now - but if some people in charge of running a campaign, or part of a campaign committee were flaming other members or taking other actions that would cause a smite on their record - it wouldn't make the campaign committee look very good. So if you join, act responsibly, and keep a cool head
So I'm after nine volunteers for the campaign committee. Please again do not join if you don't have the time to spare. Being in a campaign committee will provide NO BONUSES to any campaign participation, and we will let the non-members know as to what campaigns are in the works anyway - so if you don't want to do the work you won't be missing out on any goss or info by not signing up.
Please post here with any questions or to
pledge your allegience
volunteer to become part of the Campaign Committee
Currently Signed Up:
- Jaghati Khan
- Fire at Will
who may or may not be a fish
- Warmaster Russ
- Brother Perturabo