News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (Sign up and OOC thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 10, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

Cards first, then Twister and Bottle as we progressively get more inebriated?

I'm an open-minded sorta person, so do whatever you guys like and I'll play along. The character comes first!

Mabbz

I've got this image in my head of the entire group tangled in a big ball, unable to free themselves, when somepony comes in. Luna, perhaps. Or Fog Dancer, she'd be too busy laughing to attack you, until she realises that the Elements are stuck somewhere in there and has to start digging.

Anyways, here's how the games will work:

If you play twister, then it's agility tests with a +3 to your agility characteristic. Make witty taunts, get in awkward positions and make your failures embarassing.

If you play cards, then it's intelligence tests with a +3 to you characteristic. Play whatever game you want, but maybe a few wagers would be fun.

If you play spin the bottle, it's truth or dare. Don't bother rolling; you might not have a good idea for the pony you get, so I'll let you decide who it landed on. A few truth questions could be a good way to learn about everypony, and the dares could be amusing.

Whatever happens, Hazy is joining in. Since Walrus Man hasn't been online since September 16th, he is hereby NPC'd until further notice. In other words, anyone can write up his actions for the purposes of the games.

Waaaghpower

Thunder has nothing to wager, so cards might leave her out unless you play for matchsticks.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

kingofmonkeys

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

I think under normal spin the bottle rules, Thunder goes next, but I'd rather avoid having to wait on one person where possible. As such, screw order and just spin it whenever. We'll still have to wait on people for answers or the results of dares, but that's a bit more managable. If somepony takes too long to answer (say... three days?) then someone else can step in and write their response.

Waaaghpower

Do we pick truth or dare for them, or wait for them to respond? If we're supposed to pick, I'll edit.

Mabbz

I would say you pick for your victim, partly to avoid a load of redundant posts that basically consist of the words "Truth" or "Dare", and partly because you might have a specific truth you want to ask or a specific dare to inflict on someone. That said, if you want to let the other person pick that's fine too.

As an alternative, you could write both a truth question and a dare into a post, and let the other person choose which is canon, as demonstrated below:

QuoteThe bottle span and landed on Rarity. Twilight grinned evilly.

"Truth."

"Who's sexier, me or Applejack?"

The bottle span and landed on Rarity. Twilight grinned evilly.

"Dare."

"I dare you to put ice cream on your horn."

Then Rarity could choose which one actually happened.

Waaaghpower

You know what they say:
Liquor before beer, never fear.
Beer before liquor, never sicker.
Beer before more beer, lose balance and depth perception... Eer.

Narric

Waaaghpower

I think this has been brought up before. Yes, she's the pony equivalent of 17.

HectorSmash

Narric

Mabbz

Your Mabbz is a merciful Mabbz...

I've given you an out, since making all the choices romantic in nature wasn't really what I had in mind. So instead, I've given you an interesting roleplaying dilemma. I just checked, and I don't believe your cutie mark story was shared with the group, just me by PM.

You could try to lie, of course...

HectorSmash

and here i was sitting down to find a good song to ripoff cover.

hmmm.... choices.

Quote from: Mabbz on November 05, 2014, 11:23:51 PM
making all the choices romantic in nature wasn't really what I had in mind.

sure, sure

HectorSmash

I think this is adequate. I keep wanting to do stuff the long way but this isn't really an appropriate format for back-and-forth, like IM or whatever