News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Warlord Titan loadout...

Started by Tempest Six Two, February 15, 2013, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest Six Two

Hey lads and ladies, your feedback please?

My FLGS is participating in the 'The Big Game III" on 16 March and I've been given a lend of two Warhounds to use, and will be finishing off the basic construction of my Warlord Titan to use as well.

My main question is, how would you load up the Warlord? All his weapons are interchangeable, and I've already built the Gatling Cannon (and decided to take it). I was thinking twin Turbolasers up on the carapace (shoulders) and a Volcano, Quake or Melta Cannon for his left arm but im not sure.

The Warhounds are optimised for MEQ/ infantry/ transport hunting, so I was going to lean towards the Warlord having the bigger nastier S9/10 or 'D' templates for insane overkill... I will eventually make Vulcan Mega Bolters for the shoulders though, as I'd love to throw down 30 Str6 AP3 shots at 60" range, would be awesome against most infantry. However I can see a load of Superheavies coming out for this one, so I really need some punch...

Thoughts??
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Wargamer

Personally, I have always favoured the following build for Warlords:

Left Shoulder: Turbo-Laser Destructor (twin-barrel).
Right Shoulder: Vulcan Mega-Bolter.
Left Arm: Corvus Assault Pod (a 'boarding ram' with enough space for about sixty infantry).
Right Arm: Quake Cannon.

For me, the Corvus is the ultimate addition to a Warlord. After all, what could possibly make a Warlord scarier? Why, the ability to punch a hole in the side of your Bastion and unload half the Ultramarines 1st Company of course!
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Waaaghpower

What about the Death Killy Missile? The one who's name escapes me but lays down a giants 10" circle where everything is simply removed. I mean, DANG.
Other than that, just take anything destroyer you'd like, it'll get the job done versus vehicles.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

The Man They Call Jayne

I didn't realise the Corvus was a Titan mounted device. Although I may be confusing it with the Caestus thing that Forgeworld make.

I tend to look at the Melta Cannon as a good option personally. There is nothing it can't kill, although it is more limited against MC/GCs because will only hit them once.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4