?

Can't find what you're looking for?

This topic might exist in our archive - Try Here

Author Topic: Narrics' Fandex Ideas & Entries Thread  (Read 16272 times)

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Narrics' Fandex Ideas & Entries Thread
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:40:54 AM »
Something I managed to put together over the last 24hours. Its not perfect, and I'd definately apreciate some feedback on it.

http://narric-sb0.deviantart.com/art/Imperial-Riders-V1-355009586

I'm pleased with how much I got done. Wish I could do a full codex in the same amount of time :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:07:19 AM by Narric »

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
Re: Fandex: Imperial Riders
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »
Right. I've had a quick look, and it looks pretty good. As someone who uses rough riders converted to ride bikes, I like the idea of an army of IG bikers. Therein lies my first issue. No bike troops choices. Admittedly I could convert them to ride basic dirtbikes and say that they use the same rules as cavalry because the bikes are so lightweight, but maybe you could give the veteran squad the choice to take vanguard bikes and carapace armour?

The second thing is the quadbike. Nice idea, but it seems needlessly complicated. Just use a similar idea to heavy weapons teams. Make it a 4 wound model and say it can fire as many guns as it has wounds remaining. Merging bikes with artillery is a nice idea, but rather impractical.

I did like the heavy weapons bikes though. They remind me of the mortar cycles from Red Alert 3: Uprising (which is a great PC game).

Offline The Man They Call Jayne

• Shas'O
  • Karma 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »
For heavy weapons units, I might suggest tracked bikes, purely for the fluff and the look, they are not as fast, but far more stable and arent slowed down by things that might slow a quadbike.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:36:24 PM »
Right. I've had a quick look, and it looks pretty good. As someone who uses rough riders converted to ride bikes, I like the idea of an army of IG bikers. Therein lies my first issue. No bike troops choices. Admittedly I could convert them to ride basic dirtbikes and say that they use the same rules as cavalry because the bikes are so lightweight, but maybe you could give the veteran squad the choice to take vanguard bikes and carapace armour?

The second thing is the quadbike. Nice idea, but it seems needlessly complicated. Just use a similar idea to heavy weapons teams. Make it a 4 wound model and say it can fire as many guns as it has wounds remaining. Merging bikes with artillery is a nice idea, but rather impractical.

I did like the heavy weapons bikes though. They remind me of the mortar cycles from Red Alert 3: Uprising (which is a great PC game).
I'll add that in in the next version :D

I had an idea,and I tried my best to make rules for it. I like your version better though.

Did you see the image that inspired them?

For heavy weapons units, I might suggest tracked bikes, purely for the fluff and the look, they are not as fast, but far more stable and arent slowed down by things that might slow a quadbike.
So replace 12" movement with Move through Cover? With that suggestion, I can understand. In other peoples minds, it would probably be more stable.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :D
Do correct me if I've misunderstood your coments. :)

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Imperial Riders
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:50:58 PM »
Codex: Imperial Riders (Part 1)

Wargear
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HQ
Cavalry Command Squad                              70 Points

Motorbike Command Squad                              90 Points

Rough Rider Lord of Attilan                              130 Points

Cadian Master of the Vanguard                              130 Points

Catachan Reptilian Knight                              130 Points

Lord Commissar
See Codex: Imperial Guard for details.
May upgrade their Unit Type to “Cavalry” for 15pts, or purchase a Vanguard Bike for 20pts, or a Reptilian Mount for 25pts. If an of the former options are taken, they cannot also take a Transport.

Primaris Psyker
May upgrade their Unit Type to “Cavalry” for 15pts, or purchase a Vanguard Bike for 20pts, or a Reptilian Mounted for 25pts.

Elites
Dragoon Squad                               80 Points

Reptilian Cavalry Squad                               80 Points

Troops
Veteran Cavalry Squad                               110 Points

Veteran Bike Squad                               80 Points

Mounted Infantry Platoon

Fast Attack and Heavy Support in the next part.

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:08 PM »
Codex: Imperial Riders (Part 2)

Fast Attack
Vanguard Squad                               80 Points

Rough Rider Squad
A squad may upgrade their Flak Armour to Carapace Armour for 6pts per model.

Heavy Support
Rapid Support Squadron                               50 Points

Unfortunately, I don't know If I included the changes from the suggestions earlier.

Just so you know this thread is know going to be home to all my old fan-dex projects. I'll see about uploading one of the next codexi either tonight after work, or tomorrow.

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 04:25:23 PM »
Ah, I remember this. I've only skimmed it, since I'm at uni at the moment, but here's my thoughts.

All the units seem fairly similar. This is especially exemplified by comparing Dragoon squads with Vanguard squads. The only difference is that one is a bike unit while the other is a cavalry, and the fact that dragoons have scout while Vanguards can only outflank. They could easily be one unit without detracting from the codex.

The HQ choices seem good, but again it seems like they could probably be merged into a smaller number of entries. Also, I'm not sure why you disallowed the "Fire on my target!" and "Bring it down!" orders, especially since you kept "Incoming!" which seems less sensible to me. Oh, and you put get back in the fight separately from the other standard orders for some reason. Typo?

On the whole, I like the idea. That said, I feel you need to add more variety, since there aren't many truly unique units. How about a techpriest on a bike that is an IC and grants feel no pain to any squad he joins? You could even let him take modified biker servitors (that specifically do not remove his IC status, the same as tau drones) that improve the FNP roll or can take heavy weapons.

Hell, you could add one-man helicopters like an IG deffkopta, or do something with snowmobiles or jet skis or segways, or add a MC similar to knarloc riders. You could even make a couple of special characters for the list.

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 09:16:07 PM »
I can understand why the units seem the same. For the most part, I was trying to show at least three different mounts (Horse, Bike and Cold One). Not sure what to really change to make them much different. Maybe making the Horse and Cold One units more Assault Orientated, whilst the Bike units are Shooty? Perhaps if I do that, the Horse units should be cheaper than the Cold Ones?

By IG Deffkopter, I simple think of this recent model by someone on IGMB (model on the right):

I like the idea of a Techpriest Biker :P I think I'd make him some sort of Special Character to have the Whole FNP bonus, and probably in a similar fashion to Fabulous Bills' "Enhanced Marines" unit :P

Not sure which Fandex to do next. I'll have a quick read through what I have to make my decision. Until theh, more coments on the Imperial Riders is fine for me ^_^

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Angry Marines & Mechanicus
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 09:55:45 PM »
Found a single entry that was the start of my atempt at a Mechanicus Codex :P It was mostly inspired by the Mechanicus entries in an old 2nd Ed book :P (Forget the name, sorry)

Some wagrear entries will not have all their info, as I can only post up what I have

Mechanicus
HQ
Tech-priest Enginseer                               100 Points

Angry Marines (Part 1)
Wargear

HQ
Captain                              120 Points

Chaplain                              125 Points

Master of Mindfucks                              75 Points

Pissed-off Guard                              150 Points

Elites
Tech Marine                              70 Points

Mentor Scout Squad                              75 Points

Terminator Squad                              200 Points

Uber-Pissed Squad                              125 Points

Angry Dreadnought                              125 Points

Troops
Angry Tactical Squad                              100 Points

Angry Tactical Squad                              100 Points

Dedicated Transports
Predator Angrigator                               125 Points

Drop Pod                              45 Points

Angry Raven                              250 Points

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:40:39 PM by Narric »

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 10:46:50 PM »
I will admit that I didn't get much in terms of Special Rules and wargear for Angry Marines :P However, I do have the original 4chan PDF, so if people aare interested, i can link that ^_^

Angry Marines (Part 2)
Fast Attack
Angry Tactical Squad                              170 Points

Biker Squadron                              170 Points

Heavy Support
Belligerant Engine                              225 Points

Pansy Predator                               125 Points

Offline Charistoph

• Shas'Ui
  • Karma 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:22 PM »
No Traits?

May I suggest:
Angry all the time:  Dreadnoughts and every unit with Chapter Tactics has Crusader, Hatred, Preferred Enemy, and Rage.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-
They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
Keep in mind, I do not own a copy of 6th ed Space Marines, so can't really do much in that respect. These are pretty much what I have already written. I've made a couple changes, but mostly were I've spotted errors in the old work.

Some of the work is either bare bones, only one section made, or in one case, just a single word doc with a title and nothing else :P

Thinking I'll next post up my Exodite, 40k Zombies and "Host" stuff. the last one is going to feel awkward, as I'm not sure what the original dudes thoughts on the project is.

Offline The Man They Call Jayne

• Shas'O
  • Karma 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2013, 07:57:05 AM »
The Master of Mindfuckery had a special Perils of the warp on the old AM dex. If he suffered perils, he did not lose a wound. Instead he can take no action until the following turn as he rips the offending deamon from the warp and beats it to death with his bare hands.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2013, 08:35:43 AM »
The Master of Mindfuckery had a special Perils of the warp on the old AM dex. If he suffered perils, he did not lose a wound. Instead he can take no action until the following turn as he rips the offending deamon from the warp and beats it to death with his bare hands.
I must've forgotten to write that one back in :P

Offline InsaneTD

• Insanest of all
  • Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
  • Black Wolf
    • View Profile
    • I did a thing...
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Chaos Dwarfs (Fantasy)
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
I'd actually use the elysian (sp?) vehicles for the heavy weapons for the riders. It is a bit less mounted unit, I think it works  better for including heavy weapons into the army. Navy support would be something else I think could work with it. Orbital bombardments and fighter strikes.

anything