?

Can't find what you're looking for?

This topic might exist in our archive - Try Here

Author Topic: Narrics' Fandex Ideas & Entries Thread  (Read 18160 times)

Offline InsaneTD

• Insanest of all
  • Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
  • Black Wolf
    • View Profile
    • I did a thing...
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Tau Empire (pre-6th ed Codex)
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 02:39:11 AM »
The hammerhead railgun is fine as it is in the codex. Anything more then heavy 1 with large blast is just over powered. And there is nothing in the fluff that says it fits more then twice. Rending would work better the more rolls. Rending was never supposed to be an anti tank rule, the first weapon to ever have it was a chain gun in game and the training for the rule was the amount of bullets hitting a target is what actually did the damage. Which is why it auto wounded at ap1 once upon a time. I think it would work with submunition rounds if you want it a bit stronger.

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Tau Empire (pre-6th ed Codex)
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 07:50:16 AM »
There is also the fact Rending only works on a 6.....

I guess I can deal with that. :)

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Zombies 40k
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »
This one is very bare bones. From what I had to start, I couldn't really find much direction :P Maybe after others seeing the material, something can actually be made of this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 07:38:30 PM by Narric »

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2014, 10:26:38 PM »
So I may be writing an army near completely from scratch :shifty:

Exactly what does the name Orvald Fitzalan make you think?

Offline Charistoph

• Shas'Ui
  • Karma 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 02:12:30 AM »
Could be many things, but I want to say a very interesting Rogue Trader with exotic designs and very excentric stylings.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-
They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

Offline InsaneTD

• Insanest of all
  • Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
  • Black Wolf
    • View Profile
    • I did a thing...
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 03:46:43 AM »
Or possibly an inquisitor.

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Hired Guns
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 08:31:07 PM »
Something I've recently picked up again. I've tried a supplement like this before, but it kinda flopped. I think I just wasn't very good at doing this sort of thing back then :P also, supplements weren't a thing back then deffinately XD

This is all i've made so far, but I really wanted to show what I'd done, so I've kinda posted this prematurely :P

Hired Guns
This supplement is intended to allow players to field additional and hopefully fun units in their games of 40k.
Some units will be available to every race, whilst some are only available to a select few. This will be written at the start of each entry.

Units chosen from this supplement do not count towards minimum requirements.

Wargear

HQ
Rogue Trader                                           70 Points

Elites
Vampyre                                           200 Points

Void Engineseer                                           125 Points

Exodite Warriors                                           80 Points

Troops
Squats                                           70 Points

Slann Warband                                           100 Points
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:06:18 AM by Narric »

Offline Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

• The Bearded Autarch
  • Retired Mod
  • Karma 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 01:02:38 AM »
This looks pretty solid from where I'm sitting. I must have missed what a "Void Engineseer" is, though - can you fill me in?

One note - as far as I'm aware, in 40k they're referred to as "Vampyres" with a "y'?
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »
The Void Engineseer was my atempt at a more customisable Tech-priest, mostly born of some scraps of 2nd Ed inspired rules :P

I'll adjust the Vampyre entry :P

Offline Dra'Tuisisch-Novae

• The Bearded Autarch
  • Retired Mod
  • Karma 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 01:19:20 AM »
Ah, gotcha. I take it they'd represent a dissident Mechanicus faction that lets them be more flexible (rules and allies-wise)?
[Bender]I'm back baby![/Bender]

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 01:23:04 AM »
Ah, gotcha. I take it they'd represent a dissident Mechanicus faction that lets them be more flexible (rules and allies-wise)?
Or just an Engineseer who has been left to his own devices (hurr hurr) and must make a living as a technology savvy Merc

But yeah, pretty much :P

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: ----
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 08:10:02 PM »
Can't decide what codex I should work on next. Got my hands on a few Chapter Approved, so I could try my hand at a few of the lists there.

If you have a suggestion, vote for the poll above, or leave a reply ^_^

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: IG Armoured company
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 03:54:36 PM »
Got bored so did the Armoured Company any way :P

No Warlord Traits yet!!

Codex: Imperial Guard Armoured Company

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Grey Knights
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2014, 10:28:41 PM »
Talk of Grey Knights in other parts of the forums has got me an itch to scratch. I'm currently working on "Cleaning Up" the 5th ed codex, to be less daft, and more sensible. Emperor have mercy on my soul....

Need an opinion on something though, and it is kinda pivotly to the new Codex. Critique is definately requested.

Grey Knights Ranks

Its a little throwback to the 2nd Edition codex, and yes, Nemesis weapons will be adjusted as well to be reactive to the Ranks ;)

Offline Narric

• Daemon Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Karma 12
    • View Profile
    • Elsinqart
Re: Narrics' Fandex Thread: Grey Knights
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2014, 09:00:52 PM »
Finally got the Grey Knight Psychic Powers done:

Grey Knight Psychic Powers
Primaris Power = Hammerhand (1 Warp Charge) – This is a Blessing that targets the Model or Unit that manifested the power. The Model or Unit benefits from +1 Strength this turn. A Model or Unit may only be affected by Hammerhand once per turn.
1. = Might of Titan (1 Warp Charge) - This is a Blessing that targets a single Model or Unit within 6” (Which can be the Psyker and any unit they have joined). The target benefits from +1 Strength this turn. This power is cumulative with Hammerhand, and may be manifested multiple times.
2. = Quicksilver (1 Warp Charge) - This is a Blessing that targets a single Model or Unit within 6” (Which can be the Psyker and any unit they have joined). The target’s Initiative is doubled for this turn.
3. = The Summoning (1 Warp Charge) - This is a Conjuration power that targets a single Model or Unit anywhere on the board that is not engaged in Close combat (This cannot be the Psyker or the unit he has joined). The target is completely removed from the table, and re-enters the board at the start of the next Grey Knight player turn via Deep Strike, though must enter play at least 6” from the Psyker that manifested the power. If the Psyker dies before the unit re-enters play, it must roll on the Deep Strike Mishap table, and if they are not destroyed may enter play anywhere on the board.
4. = Warp Rift (1 Warp Charge) - This is a Malediction power that targets a single enemy Model or Unit within 12” of the Psyker. Each non-vehicle model in the Target unit must take an Initiative test. Any that fail are treated to have suffered an Instant Death wound. Vehicles suffer a single hit with the Haywire special rule. Both types of Monstrous Creature roll 3D6 and pick the lowest for their Initiative test.
5. = Dark Excommunication (1 Warp Charge) - This is a Malediction power that targets the Model/Unit that manifested the power. When the Psyker targets a model in base with the Daemon special rule, they may re-roll all failed To Wound rolls for this turn.
6. = Sanctuary (2 Warp Charge) - This is a Malediction power that targets all friendly Models or Units within 12” (Which can include the Psyker and any unit they have joined). If an enemy unit charges a model or unit within Sanctuary’s range, the enemy unit count as moving through cover, regardless of wargear or special rules.

Smite and Shrouding have been taken off the list due to there already being similar powers in the rulebook ;)

anything