News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

"Wait, what happened to Plumber?" Thunder asked, blinking. "Don't tell me that the bucking coward ran off. I told you he wasn't going to make it in the group." She rolled her eyes, befire commenting on the plan. "I don't suppose we have any information from our captives? Or anything about tracking down the two ponies who escaped in the aftermath?"
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

Cynder looked at Brute Force, a look of surprise on his face. Looking back at Thunder..

"Thunder, I'd like to introduce you to Brute Force. You wouldn't happen to recognise him at all?" Cynder waited to see if Thunder clicked on who the muscled pony was.

Mabbz

Brute waved nervously at Thunder. Something about the angry young mare was making him incredibly scared. She reminded him of Fog Dancer.

Waaaghpower

Thunder blinked again, before realizing it. "Are you fucking kidding me!?" She asked, incredulous. "We're recruiting from the damned bad guys now? He's one of the ponies who tried to kill us!" She paused, before adding, "I guess he'll still be more useful than Plumber, but that's not saying much."

HectorSmash

Backlash let out a tired sigh.

"Okay, look, we ain't gonna get anything done like this. Brute's with us until he fucks up an' we kill him, end of story. Plumber's missing, but we don't got time ta find him right now, so we're movin' on without 'im for now. An' you -" She glared directly at Thunder, "You're gonna be nice ta everypony. Or, at least, not completely hostile. We're a team, an' we 're gonna start actin' like one."

Mabbz

Maybe extra prison time with Fog would've been better, Brute thought. These ponies are nuts!

Narric

"Something to consider is they probably wouldn't expect us to try and recruit from their own ranks." Cynder pointed out. "Yeah as soon as they find out we're back to one step back, but whilst we have advantage of surprise, we're two steps forward."

Cynder paused for a moment.
"Whether we find him before or after we hit the tunnels, I would like to ensure Plumber is at least sent home safely. He needs to be debreifed so he is no longer a target to enemy spies."

Waaaghpower

Thunder glared back at Backlash. "Do we need to have a repeat of last night, Backlash? Our team is currently fucked. Nopony knows what the hell we're doing, we know practically nothing about what we'll find when we actually attack, and half our team has no idea what we're doing. Oh, and now we're hiring criminals because we're short on members."
She rubbed her temples with her wings, the hangover getting to her.

Walrus Man

"In any case we're glad to see you back on one piece. " Pale gave Thunder a dry smile, before turning to Cynder. "What are we waiting for then? The sooner we hit the mines the better."
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Narric

"I agree, but lets just recap the plan. We're taking some barrels of gunpowder into the tunnels, and setting them off at the entrance we found. IF I remember correctly, Plumber and Pale were going to help with carrying them, and I was to light the fuse. The others were to go on ahead of us, and disable the guards that were spotted." Cynder paused. "Unfortunately, we have lost Plumber, but I'm sure Brute Force here can help, or he can join the forward team and help with the guards?"

Walrus Man

Pale nodded his head. "There's no way I'll be able to carry all the barrels on my own. Either way we're going to need an extra set of hooves, if it has to be the pony who tried to kill us then so be it."
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

HectorSmash

Backlash smirks coolly.

"Not like there's a whole lotta finesse in blowin' stuff up, anyway. Maybe this was a good idea after all." She smiles uncertainly at Brute, trying not to betray her own anxiety.

Mabbz

It took a couple of hours to get the barrels of gunpowder to the mine entrance, since they didn't want any guards asking them awkward questions. Fortunately they managed to get there without incident and carefully carried their cargo through the tunnels. They didn't run into any patrols, but a careful peek round the last corner showed that the four guards were still standing by the entrance.

The barrels were in place, and Cynder was ready to set them off. It was time.

Mabbz

dice rolls

The group carefully moved the barrels into position; one wrong move and they could alert the thieves and lose the element of surprise (which was their chief weapon: surprise and fear. Fear and Surprise and an almost fanatical devotion to Celestia. Ok, I'll stop now).

Now came the moment of truth. Thunder and Backlash prepared to kick the barrels out, while Pale and Hazy would guide them with magic. Once they were clear, Cynder you blast them with a fireball, hopefully before the guards could react. Hazy used a simple illusion to make some numbers appear in front of everyponies' eyes.

NOW!

Thunder and Backlash kicked the barrels before darting into cover. Hazy guided his barrel straight and true, but a shout of surprise from one of the guards distracted Pale; his barrel got caught on a rock for a few seconds.

Cynder knew that time was of the essence. His fireball flew towards the nearest barrel, only for Pale to finally dislodge it, making the spell splash harmlessly against the rock. Fortunately he reacted quickly and a second blaze struck true.

The resulting explosion was deafening. The mix wasn't pure gunpowder, so the flash of light included and number of multicoloured sparks and fizzles for a second or two after detonation. The ponies had been ready for it and even they were a little stunned. Hopefully the guards would be too.

Mabbz

Thunder was the first round the corner. There was a large scorch mark on the floor where the barrels had been, and beyond them were the guards. Three of them were on the ground, although one appeared to be trying to get up. The fourth was a unicorn; he had managed to make a magical shield to protect himself from the blast, although the way he was rubbing his eyes suggested he had been temporarily blinded.

Thunder figured she'd try and find out how strong the shield was; hooves outstretched, she braced for impact before slamming into it, only to pass straight through it as if it wasn't there. The unexpected lack of resistance caused her to hit the ground and roll past the guard, unharmed but embarrassed.

The guard had cleared his vision by this point and quickly fired off some telekinetic blasts at the rest of the group. Backlash faceplanted while diving out of the way of one, while Cynder was knocked backwards slightly and Brute took one to the face that left him weaving around in a daze. Cynder quickly responded with a burst of fire at the unicorn. The blast missed, but the guard flinched away from the heat of the fire passing just over his head.

The earth pony guard had finally managed to get up at the point. He saw Brute charging drunkenly towards him, and tried to stab with his spear. Even in his dazed state, Brute managed to dodge the weapon, but he couldn't get in close enough to attack. The guard was too focused on Brute however, as he didn't notice Backlash until she hit him in the side. His armour protected him, but he knew he wouldn't last long against the two of them.

Pale tried to rush the unicorn, truncheon held firmly in his magical grip. The unicorn saw him coming though, and Pale found himself trying to push forward while the unicorn used magic to keep him at bay. He was gaining ground, albeit slowly. Hazy tried help by pulling out one of the anti-magical gems Plumber had found earlier and throwing it at the unicorn, trying to hit his horn and disrupt his magic. He was unused to throwing things with his hooves though, and missed completely.

Suddenly the door slammed open, revealing another unicorn standing a little back from the doorway. She wasn't wearing any armour, so her pink coat was visible. Her horn glowed and there was a strange distortion in the air. Two armoured Pegasi wearing leg blades ran through the doorway, the distortion making them move to fast for anypony else to react. They instantly assessed the situation, and one moved (thankfully at normal speed now) to help the earth pony. The other charged towards Hazy and Cynder.

Status

Thunder: burnt (painful)
Backlash:
Pale Ale:
Cynder:
Brute Force: dazed
Hazy:

Earth guard: somewhat battered,
Unicorn guard:
Pegasus guard:
Pegasus guard:
Timebender: