News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofmonkeys

Plumber examines the pipes for a moment before speaking. "well I can take the entire thing apart and see for sure how to do this but that'll take some time. From what I can tell however this pipe *he taps on it with a hoof* is the main door control if we increase the pressure in it the door should open.. I can shut it all off and rebuild it.. again that takes time. now... *he hesitates* It's not for sure or even safe but... I think if we heated the pipe slowly we could make it build steam and increase the pressure enough to open the door.."

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Walrus Man

"Well that certainly sounds feasible," Pale Ale nodded sagely, hoping he was giving the impression that he knew something about plumbing. "But what's the worst case scenario? What if the pipe is heated too quickly?"
Steampunk Imperial Guard project log.

Walrus Man, Walrus Man, does what ever a walrus can!
[
url=http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,129134.0.html]Are you an Aussie and interested in going to an Official 2S Meet up? Then check out

Mabbz

"Well, I know nothing about plumbing, but I'd guess one of the seals might burst spilling boiling water everywhere and ruining the whole system," Hazy shrugged. "But I don't have any better ideas. If we're careful I think we can make it work."

HectorSmash

Backlash chimed in, "Might wanna try the safe way first, just in case that works and we don't hafta bother with the scary way. Y'know... just in case."

Mabbz

"Disassembling it could take hours; we don't have that kind of time since the unicorn escaped," Plumber decided after a moment. "Cynder, do you think you could heat it? Make sure you do it gently though."

Cynder obediently began warming up the pipe. After a minute, Plumber frowned and poked the pipe. It was lukewarm. "Maybe a little less gently," he said wryly. Chastised, Cynder increased the heat.

After another minute, Plumber noticed one of the joints starting to rattle. "Stop!" he said sharply. After the pipe had cooled slightly he had Cynder slowly heat it again. It took about three more minutes, but finally the door swung open. Two heavy poles unfolded from the inside of the door, allowing it to be propped open. On the other side was a seemingly empty corridor with an apparently ordinary door at the far end.

9 minutes since the unicorn escaped

Narric

"I need to practise controlled heating it seems." Cynder huffed as he relaxed. He stood to one side allow the rest of the group to go ahead of him, whilst he sorted his sword for a quick draw should it be needed.

Waaaghpower

Thunder, tired of the waiting, was more than eager to instantly speed through the open door as soon as the way was clear. It was good work, not that she'd ever tell Plumber that...
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Backlash quickly led the way through the door, followed closely by Hazy and Cynder while the others brought up the rear. After a few steps, Backlash started swaying, overcome with dizzyness. She maintained her balance but turned when she heard a loud thump behind her. Cynder had tripped over his own hooves and landed on his face.

Hazy had also managed to stay upright. Upon seeing Backlash, he smiled vacantly. "You're pretty... pretty," he assured her.

"What'd you say?" she asked drunkenly.

"I said you're pretty." Hazy tried to give her a hug, missed and hit the floor. He started to snore lightly.

Pale, Plumber, Thunder and Brute stared in confusion from further back. Their heads felt a little foggy as they tried to figure out what was going on.

Narric

Cynder fumbled himself upright, wavering greatly. Standing still, Cynder couldn't help but feel like he was swaying side to side, so he leaned into the wall beside him. Unfortunately,  the wall was further than he had expected, and he fell down, slumping at the base of the wall.

"Theres some pretty powerful enchantment here" He slurred out. He couldn't tell if the others had heard him, let alone the group further back.

Waaaghpower

( http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4618181/
Intelligence check. I believe this is a very bad fail, and will be playing it as such.)

Thunder looked around blearily, feeling a hot rush of jealousy as Hazy began flirting with Backlash. That's my territory! she thought, taking an awkward step forward and splaying out her wings aggresively.
"H-hey!" She protested, butting in. "I saw her first, not you! I've got dibs, and you can't change that by gettin' all... Bendy..."
She blinked, staring forward for a moment before seeming to gather herself enough to continue. "Y-you've already got that... That pretty light from y'er magic to keep you, lift you up..." she slurred, looking around, reaching forward with a hoof as though to grab something invisible. "T'shines like... Little angels..."

At this point, her leg wobbled and she slipped on her side, cracking her head on the wall of the cave and knocking herself out in the process.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

Trying to get back up, Cynder's legs were like jelly. The cordination of his limbs was completely gone, and he somehow found himself flat on his belly with his legs spread out, lying across the corridor.

"Hey @Ale Pale" Cynder Slurred out. "I'm feeling drunk..... for some reason..... any help?" He turned in the direction of the Bar Pony. Cynder rarely got drunk on mission, and he often was still able to keep himself under control, but the enchantment was too strong, and the group needed someone to dispel it.

HectorSmash

Backlash felt an urgent sense of danger, spiked with familiarity. Fighting through the haze - and fighting the urge to question the unconscious Hazy and Thunder - she recalled something she had encountered in one particularly eccentric criminal's secret base: "Laughing gas! Or... booze gas. Eheheh, booze gas." She shook her head and struggled to keep her thoughts straight while she stumbled back the way she came, stepping over the various unconscious ponies lining the hallway.

If I can just get outta this... I can help the others get un-drunk! "Guys! Go... go back! Go out! Goooooo  go ogogogogogoogogo!" She made a shooing motion with her wings as she marched, hoping the others would get the message.

kingofmonkeys

plumber stares at the others strange behavior as his a familiar sensation creeped across his mind
Spoiler
"why do I feel so tipsy" he thought to himself. He stared at the other ponies for a moment. Before speaking "c'mon that was last call time to leave the bar!" He gingerly slid Hazy across his back in a clumsy fireponies carry. "you.. umm big guy.. pick her up an' let's umm.." he stared at the wall for a second blearily lets go the bar's closing"

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

Brute Force's intelligence roll

Brute wandered blithely forward, on the grounds that he'd been heading that way before, so he must have had a good reason. What exactly that reason was, he couldn't remember. He was dimly aware that he wasn't actually making much progress, since his head was pushing against the far wall, but he was still walking, and that was the main thing.

Pale's intelligence roll

Pale was very used to seeing drunk ponies; this lot seemed wasted. Trying to clear fog from his mind, he focused on casting a sobriety spell on the entire group. His concentration slipped somewhat though, so he only succeeded in snapping himself back to normal.

Now fully aware that something was wrong, he poured as much power into the spell as he could and tried again. His eyes blazed with light as the spell burned through the air, instantly rendering everypony sober and waking up Hazy and Thunder. The spell also caused a hidden rune on the wall to blaze white hot as the two spells competed; a competition that ended as swiftly as it had begun as the heat melted the section of the wall and destroyed the rune. Everypony watches Pale return to normal, while an awkward silence decends over some of the ponies.

12 minutes since the unicorn escaped

Narric

Cynder shakely got up, his more aching like some sort of hangover then from the effects of the spell.

"Thanks Pale" he gingerly spoke aloud. "Remind to only get drunk at your bar." Cynder tried to push a smile, but couldn't get his face to emote. Instead, he slowly walked further up the corridor, until he was ten paces ahead of everypony else. He perked his ears up to sense anything further, and stared as sharply as he could for any sign of movement.