News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HectorSmash

Backlash forgot what she was doing as the spell cleared, and she folded her wings back to her sides with some embarrassment. Turning around, she took full stock of the slightly incapacitated ponies and general scene before her, and concluded that something must've really shook everypony around. Come to think of it, she could still feel a little dizziness in her sensory memory... and, for some reason, she felt better about Hazy and Thunder than she had before. Weird, but she wasn't going to turn down a good feeling!

She strode up through the throng, careful to go easy on her legs while she was still woozy. "Is everypony okay? We should get goin', um... as soon's we can."

Mabbz

Hazy looked around groggily. He was cursed with a good memory for embarrassing events, and quickly turned red as he remembered his drunken flirting. Avoiding everyponies eyes, he decided to walk quickly over to the door and open it. Surprisingly, it wasn't locked. Upon seeing what was on the other side, he gasped.

Beyond the threshold was a small room. The room was empty save for six pedestals. Atop the pillars lay six flawless gems; five were hexagon shaped, while the sixth was in the shape of a six point star. They'd found them.

"The Elements. They're here."

Narric

"This is too easy." Cynder spoke aloud, walking up deside Hazy. "You've all gone through too much for it to just be put on display like some Las Pegasus buffet"

Mabbz

"Yes..." Hazy agreed. Suddenly, he frowned. "Hang on you've gone through too much? Your part of the group too, you know."

Narric

Cynder chuckled "And like our friend Brute Force, I haven't been part of the group long. Your trails have no doubt been a great deal more.... interesting.... than my own during this whole endeavor."

When Cynder spoke the word Interesting, he gave a quick wink to Backlash.

HectorSmash

Backlash made a worried face as Cynder winked at her. What's that s'posed ta mean...? She uncertainly winked back.

She strode into the room beside the other two. "We're sure they ain't fakes? Seems like a great place to shut the door and trap a buncha heroes with some useless rocks."

Mabbz

Hazy's horn lit up briefly. "I can sense a huge amount of power in them. I've never seen the Elements before, so I can't tell if it really is them. All I know is that if they are fakes, then someone put a lot of effort into them. There's enough magic in those gems to level a city."

Narric

"Hazy, I can't rmember if Princess Luna mentioned it, but can the elements be used solo, or do they have to be used together?" Cynder asked. "Also, that star shaped one is the most unique, so if they are meant to be used together, I'd assume to expect that one to be some sort of 'Key' Element"

Mabbz

"Finding out how they work wasn't really important for the mission; I never asked. All I know is the basics that most ponies know. The Elements are some kind of ultimate harmonic force. I don't think they can be used without some kind of powerful emotional connection, so I'd guess they need at least two ponies to use." Hazy shook his head. "I can't sense any other magic in this room, but that doesn't mean there aren't traps. Still, I don't see that we have any choice but to risk it, even if it does seem odd that they're on display like something from a silly adventure novel."

13 minutes since the unicorn escaped

Waaaghpower

Thunder had to take several moments to recover her wits from the drunkeness and near-concussion, (Especially considering that her head was still a bit jittery from her last concussion,) giving a canonical reason for Waaaghpower!'s lack of posting for a short while. Leaning on the fourth wall for support, she steadied herself and momentarily trotted into the chamber with the Elements of Harmony.

She was taken aback in awe as she looked up at the elements, having not truly expected to ever see them in her lifetime, even given their mission. Up until this point, they had just been a handful of amateurs, some experts, and one particularly dashing and brave Pegasus bumbling around and trying not to implode. Now, they were actually... legitimate. They had actually *accomplished* something.

Instead of stammering out an illegible phrase that would have undoubtedly made her look silly, she decided to roll an agility check and just try to fly up and grab the elements before they could be ambushed by reinforcements.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Mabbz

Thunder aces an agility test for once

Suddenly, a greyish-white blur zoomed past Hazy, Cynder and Backlash and whirled around the Elements. The gems vanished, and an ominous rumbling started. Before anypony could react, the blur crashed into the others and transformed them into a ball of tangled limbs that rolled back down the corridor, closely followed by a significantly larger and heavier ball of rock. The ponies tumbled through the door and crashed into the tables of the basement, scattering them with a noise that sounded strangely like bowling pins for some reason. The ball of rock, meanwhile, struck the doorway and broke the struts holding it open. The rock began rolling slowly back up the corridor, while the door crashed shut.

"Yep," groaned Hazy, getting to his feet. "That went well."

14 minutes since the unicorn escaped

Narric

"At least we're not trapped inside" Cynder replied, getting back up on his hooves, and disentangling himself from the rest of the pile. "Should we carry a stone each?"

Mabbz

"Probably a good idea. Thanks for getting us all out of there, by the way," he added to Thunder as he took the Elements from her. "Nice flying." He handed an Element to each of the ponies except Brute, who looked a little hurt at being left out. "There's seven of us and only six Elements. Besides, you were our enemy just yesterday."

Hazy glanced at the element he'd been left with; Honesty. A little ironic for a spy, but nevermind. "So, back through the caves, or straight up through Canterlot?"

Narric

"I'd vote for whichever gets us to a safehouse fastest." Cynder replied. "We shoud also see about disguising the Elements. Remember, a Unicorn escaped us, but we can at least make it a little bit harder for any of his friends to spot us."

HectorSmash

Backlash took a few moments to collect herself and dust off before stashing her own gem. She couldn't quite remember which was which; she never had been one for reading much. But, the light blue one matched her eyes, so that was just as good a candidate as any. She nodded a quick agreement and gave Brute an apologetic shrug before rising to her hooves as well.

"Somethin' tells me we ain't gonna be able to hide these things. Maybe from the average passerby, but definitely not from that King dude. Let's just roll as one 'til we're safe. Uh... y'know, figuratively." She cast a bemused glance at Thunder and smiled. "You're gonna have to teach me that one sometime."