News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Thunder had an enormous cocky grin plastered over her face as she gracefully watched the rest of the group get to her feet. She had slipped the oddly shaped purplish one into her bag since it looked the coolest, and she was feeling rather confident.
Winking at Backlash,  she said, "It'd be my pleasure, just let's get out of here before we practice 'Rolling as one'." She beamed, before adressing the rest of the group. "Stealth isn't an option, really. Every time we try we just end up fighting more and more ponies. I vote we get these where they're going as quick as possible. If we just leave it up to the pegasi, we can have 'em back to the princess faster than you can spit." She paused, hoping that didn't sound racist, and then added, "Not that you'd, um, spit..."
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

"The enemy could notice the lack of Pegasi in our group very quickly, and could potentially intercept you before you reach your destination." Cynder said to Thunder, stowing his element without giving it much examination. "We need rest before we start the trek back, and I am hesitant to agree to splitting up the group again."

Mabbz

"I agree about staying together," said Hazy. "The Elements are useless without the full set, and I would guess that Sombra wants them purely to prevent the princesses using them against him. If we split up he only needs to take down one of use to render this whole quest meaningless. As for safehouses, the only one I have in Canterlot is apparantly known to the enemy. I suggest we make for the Everfree. We'll be harder to track, and that's the direction the caves lead anyway. I don't fancy going through the city when the guard could be traitors. We only have to find somewhere safe for one of us to sleep in five hours, and then the princesses will show up to help."

Waaaghpower

Thunder tilted her head, thinking for a moment. "That doesn't make any sense..." She said, shaking her head. "If Sombrera only wanted them to be unusable, why keep them together at all? He could've, like, given one to a dragon and kept another with himself and just generally scattered them. He left them in a big group, I think he wants to use them for something."

Mabbz

Hazy shrugged. "From what I've heard, Sombra's nuts. I don't see any real point in trying to figure out his motives. The princesses need the Elements - all of them - to beat Sombra or whatever other threat shows up. I'm sticking with the Everfree idea." Hazy chuckled as a thought occured to him. "It's a good thing talking is a free action, or we'd probably be under attack by now." Silence followed this statement as everyone stopped talking to ponder his words. Unfortunately, this allowed time to start moving again.

15 minutes since the unicorn escaped.

"Bugger," said Hazy and they heard a door upstairs get kicked in. "Run?"

HectorSmash

Backlash didn't have the opportunity to correct Thunder's 'mispronunciation' of Sombra's name; danger was at hoof.

"Run where?" she asked, "Where're we goin'?" She never had been good with directions, and she pranced in place anxiously as the crashing resounded through the passage.

Mabbz

Hazy's misleading echoes
Remembering the route
Burning bridges

"This way!" Hazy called as she sprinted towards the through the door to the caves. As he said it his horn lit up; his voice echoed around the room, shouting "Upstairs! We'll fight our way out!" The group fled the basement and sprinted through the tunnels, Hazy leading the way.

Hazy's echo trick seemed to have given their pursuers pause; Cynder, bringing up the rear, couldn't hear them. Soon they came to the minecart bridge over the chasm. "Can you burn it behind us?" Backlash panted as they passed over it. Cynder didn't bother to answer. Instead he simply turned and unleashed a fireball, only to see it harmlessly char a few support strut. "Too big and we don't have time," he grunted.

About a minute later, the ponies emerged into the late afternoon light. By unspoken consent, they collapsed and tried to catch their breath. There was no sign of any enemies yet, so hopefully they'd lost them. Now all they had to do was hold out somewhere until Luna checked on them, and this whole ordeal would be over.

map
Ignore the dots for you and the guards, I couldn't be bothered to update the map.

HectorSmash

"Should... should we find an inn or...?" Backlash half-asked between breaths. She wasn't cut out for running. Or flying, for that matter. She just wanted to get someplace safe-ish as soon as possible - maybe someplace with a nice bed, too.

She tried to push Pale Ale off of herself; he'd collapsed partially on her, and the only sweaty and panting ponies she wanted on her were a few feet away. "C'mon, ya big galoot... you're heavy."

Narric

"An Inn on the edge of town may be a good idea." Cynder replied. "once we're rested we can slip quickly out of town. I'm just not sure if there is one though."

Cynder adjusted the Element he was carrying. It had rubbed against him making his side very sore.

Mabbz

The group was in high spirits as they trekked back towards Canterlot. Their quest was basically complete, with no real chance of anything going horribly wrong. It was the home stretch, the end was in sight, nothing could stop them now. Soon they'd be done, and could have their happily ever after.

Hazy shivered as a wave of fear ran through him.

The sun was finally setting by the time they found an inn. T'was a cheery little place called The Sun's Flank. The innkeeper, a ruggedly handsome Earth Pony by the name of Crowd Pleaser, had what he called the 'all-night party room' that seemed to be for large groups to spend the night together with a large number of silk pillows and sheets. He even brought up a keg of cider, explaining that it came free with the room.

"Have fun," he said in an oddly knowing voice, winking as he left the room.

"Well, we have about three hours until Princess Luna contacts us," Hazy said once he was gone. "How should we pass the time?"

Narric

Cynder slupped down onto a silken pillow, and levitated himself a medium sized tankard of hard cider.

"I for one wish to relax" Cynder replied to Hazy's open question. He lifted the tankard up to the rest of the group. "Cheers, to a job nearly done, and to a great adventure so far."

Trying to be subtle, he pulled out a small piece of paper from his satchel. He unfolded the paper and nestled into the pillows, staring at the paper looking deep in thought.

HectorSmash

Backlash looked worried and asked, "Anypony else think that bartender gave a weird vibe? ...Come to think of it, this whole place is weird..." She tugged at one of the exceptionally nice sheets and started slipping out of her armor. "I feel like he was expecting somethin' a little different."

Mabbz

"Yeah," said Hazy thoughtfully. "I don't think he's a threat, but this is an odd place. How many inns have a room like this?" He glanced over at Pale; he was the bartender after all, this was his area of expertise.

Waaaghpower

Thunder Bolt helped herself to a large helping of cider. She hadn't ever had unrestricted access to alcohol before, being barely old enough to live on her own and not having enough money for alcohol even when ponies would sell it to her. Even at the bar with Mirthful Night she had been limited to what she could mooch off of her 'date'. So, she filled up one flagon, and then another. She had been nervous and anxious, but now she was calming down and the thrill of the mission stayed while the fear slowly dripped away.
"Wooh!" she exclaimed, as she drank, to nopony in particular. She didn't want to get involved in important business talk with Hazy and Backlash, so she instead directed her exuberance towards Cynder and Pale Ale, trying to ignore Plumber. "We kicked Sombra's ass! He won't even know what happened until we're back with Celestia!"

Narric

"I agree, though lets hope that Unicorn doesn'thave a quick way of cntacting Sombre." Replied Cynder, taking a decent swig of his tankard. "Though unless one of us i a double agent telling Sombre our exact position and best time to attack us.... I'm sorry, the agent in me is being a pessimist."

Cynder folded the paper he had been looking at and held it under his hoof.