News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Dawn and Dusk - a My Little Pony Roleplay (RP thread)

Started by Mabbz, February 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabbz

I was leading YOU on? Hazy thought. And what's Sergeant Cloudy got to do with- oh ponyfeathers. He's been showing an interest, and she's playing us off against each other? Well, she got the wrong idea about me in the first place, so I guess it shouldn't bother me... Hazy's heart sank at the thought of giving up on her. Or not. Well, the right thing to do would be to out gentlepony him, so let's go with that for now.

"I'm sorry you felt I was leading you on." Hazy kept his voice low; this should be a private conversation, after all. "I can assure you that wasn't my intention. And I'm sorry I haven't paid as much attention to you as should have, but you know my reasons for that." One of the annoying side effects of being a spy was that he had near perfect control over his expression. He wasn't faking the feelings of hurt that he felt, but he had to force himself to let it show on his face otherwise it would have remained professionally blank. On the plus side, he had enough practice to ensure the look appeared as natural as it should have been.

Waaaghpower

Thunder Bolt had heard just about enough of this. Backlash had really gone after not one, but two different Stallions after leading her on mere days ago?

Kicking at the dirt with her hoof once, she got up and bristled. "I'm going to check the area," she said. Any more of this and she was liable to lose her temper and bring down the fury of the night on Backlash and her harem of lovers, and even the princess of the sky could not defeat this many ponies.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

HectorSmash

Backlash didn't know how to process Hazy's hurt expression. She had thought he would argue back, maybe playfully, and egg her on, but she had actually just hurt his feelings.

"Oh..." She visibly deflated in the span of a second. "I didn't mean it for real, I was just messin' with ya. I know it's not your fault, heck - I was just gettin' close to ponies I like. Don't you guys do that?" She threw an appealing pout to everypony in the camp in turn, starting with Cloudy and Hazy and ending with the retreating form of Thunder.

Watching Thunder walk away - not for exactly the reason she supposed, but near enough - caused a tightness to form in her chest, and she fell back on her hind legs looking quite defeated.

Narric

Cloudy instantly regreted his plans for trying to win Backlash's heart. He quickly tried to think of a solution.
"Eheh, well," He fumbled with the words in his head, but did his best to smile at Backlash. "I'd try and get close to Leather Wing and Swift Shadow but they're not the most hug-able ponies." He wasn't sure how Hazy would react to all this, but Cloudy decided he'd at least try and be a comfort ot Backlash. He slowly made his way over to her side, sat down, and gently rested his hoof on her shoulder.

Mabbz

"Apparantly I need to get to know you better; I thought you were genuinely upset with me." Hazy smiled reassuringly at Backlash, trying to show her he wasn't angry. He wasn't the sort to be jealous, so he didn't mind Cloudy's hoof. If it cheered her up then it was fine by him. Now, he needed a joke to break the ice a little...

"Oh, and if you wanted a hug Cloudy, you should have just asked!" Hazy grinned sadistically, before glomping the Pegasus with enough force to knock him to the ground.

Narric

"blargh!" Was all the noise Cloudy could get out of his system as the Unicorn punced him.

kingofmonkeys

Plumber turned his attention away from Backlash Hazy and Cloudy looking fairly flustered he took a bite of the oatmeal from his bowl.
"umm cooking is more just a hobby an' I just started a few years back.. My erm... cutie mark I got when I was younger I was always taking apart all the pipes in the house, and well I guess ponies started seeing more of my rump than my face, poking out from under the sink.. or the crawlspace, or from under the boiler turned out that was my calling..."
He trailed off as Hazy tackled the Pegasus just inside his field of vision, distracted and still eating he missed his mouth with the spoon and jammed the spoon against his nose before spluttering and coughing as hot meal got in one nostril

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

HectorSmash

"Oh-!" Backlash jumped by reflex as Cloudy was pounced out from beside her.

"Oh, eheh." She allowed herself a thin smile at the sight of the normally-serious military ponies playing like foals. "Tickle 'im! Go for the wings!" she cheered, knowing full well that - at least for her - the wings were quite vulnerable to tickle attacks.

Mabbz

"Tickle his wings?" Hazy asked innocently, rolling off the seargant to look at Backlash. "You mean like this?" Hazy's telekinesis began sparkling over and under Backlash's wings, using the lightest touch he could manage.

"I got mine when back during Discord's reign," replied Pale, trying to ignore the facts that Plumber was blowing porridge from his nose and that Backlash had just collapsed to the floor. "Ponies needed a way to deal with the chaos, so a lot of them turned to alcohol. It actually worked quite well; Discord usually didn't bother messing with drunk ponies. I guess he figured they caused enough chaos without him. Anyway, I found out I had a knack for mixing drinks and got a cutie mark for it."

Idly glancing over his shoulder, Pale spotted Thunder pacing through the trees on the edge of camp. "She looks kinda ticked off. Do you think we should go talk to her?"

HectorSmash

Backlash shivered and her wings shot open, flailing and tumbling with her in a fit of giggles as she fell on her backside.

"N-noooo! Hey-!" She gasped in a short pause, squeezing her wings together in a desperate attempt to defend herself from the magical attacker - but to no effect.

"Quit! Luna 'bove!" It was as if Hazy had unleashed a pack of clowns into a school, bottled up the laughter, and weaponized it to be deployed right in the middle of the evening forest. She wasn't going to be getting anywhere near Hazy anytime soon, but then again, she might not have wanted to. Whatever the case, the occasional faltering of magic seemed to be giving her plenty of opportunity to breathe, so at least she wasn't in any lasting, physical danger from the sudden and brutal tickle assault.

Emotional scarring of the hilarious kind? Maybe.

Narric

Cynder turned to pale, then over to Thunder.
"Might be a good idea." Cynder replied to Pale. "I'd go, but the oats will go cold if I go too far. I think she said she was going to check the area, but the Guards just came back from doing just that."

kingofmonkeys

Plumber coughed and wheezed finally clearing his nostril with a foolish look on his face.
"sorry I eh-heh was distracted"
he looked about the camp feeling somewhat apart from the group as he did so.  He blushed slightly as his eyes flicked past Hazy and Backlash. Quickly reverting his glance to Pale and Cynder he spoke.
"yeah.. guess we should.. make sure she's ok.."
his voice cracked betraying nervousness and he pawed at the ground unconsciously
"between us though... She kinda intimidates me."
he stared sheepishly at the ground as his ear flicked again betraying his nerves.

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Mabbz

"Hey." Thunder whirled at the voice, to see Pale, Cynder and Plumber wandering towards her. "It was getting really awkward with Backlash and co," Pale continued, rolling his eyes towards camp, where Backlash's laughter could still be heard. "Mind if we join you?"

Waaaghpower

Nightmare Sky had been trying to decide if it was worth it to bed down with these ponies after all to try and steal another element. It seemed unlikely that her plan to kill the guard and torch the camp would be successful, it might be a good idea just to leave while she was ahead and free.

Then she heard other ponies and whirled around, startled. She'd been too lost in thought to hear anypony coming up behind her.

"Uh, yes. Sure, fine, I guess," she said, regaining her cool. "There's, uh, nothing over here though, we're safe from this side. How is Backlash doing," she said, saying the name like it was a swear word.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

With Hazy's distraction of magic tickling Backlash Cloudy managed to escape the glomp. He whirled around and started using his hooves to try tickle Hazy's side.

Cynders ear flicked at Thunder's tone when she mentioned Backlash.
"She's doing alright." He responded. "I think shes managed to be the lucky one and have two people try andpick her up. And us guys are left to mope in our own time" Cynder tried to sound light hearted and makea joke of the situation, but he wasn't too sure what Thunder was thinking.