News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Warhammer Empire Colours

Started by Fhanados, February 27, 2013, 02:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fhanados

Hi all,

I have in my mind an army that takes Empire colours from different regions/organisations. Does anyone know what colours represent which regions or organisations, or a good resource to look for (ie Nuln, Reichland, Kislev, Knights Panther, Reiksguard etc etc)?

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

I'd do a google search, or maybe lexicanum. I don't know personally, but if i wanted to find out I'd start by looking there. :)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Arguleon-veq

I have the colours and heraldry of the empire book, I will dig it out when I'm home from work and put up a list of the colours each faction use.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Arguleon-veq

Altdorf - Largest and wealthiest city in the Empire. They use red and blue and often use the griffons head and hammer of sigmar symbols. Soldiers of Altdorf have lavish uniforms.

Averland - Wealthy southerners. They guard the dangerous black fire pass. Black and yellow colours and their symbol is a sun.

Hochland - Heavily forested region, troopers known for marlsmenship. Colours are red and green, banner is a white imperial cross and a red field.

Middenheim/Middenland - Hearty northeners, devotees of ulric. Middenland use blue, Middenheim city troops are white and blue. Symbols usually inclde a white wolf.

Nordland - Coastal province famous for its navy and mariners. Blue and yellow. Provincial banner is a sea eagle clutching a shield with the galley icon. Symbols include the five pointed crown of the sea god and fish.

Nuln - Home of the gunnery school. Black uniforms. Banner is a golden lion holding the scales of judgement. Symbols include scales, bridge of nuln and cannons.

Ostermark - Rural northern province. A sombre land. Colours are purple and yellow or purple and white (although its more dark red than purple). Banner is a crowned manticore.

Ostland - Stubborn northerners living under the forest of shadows. Black and white. Their symbol is the bull, often rampant in white or red if its just a bulls head.

Reikland - Professional southerners, superior attitude. White or fawn uniforms. Black or red eagle symbols.

Stirland - Poor and rustic, colours are green and yellow although often they just wear a token of these colours such as ribbons or feathers as coloured uniforms are expensive. Land includes sylvania. Banner is a skeleton blowing a hunting horn. Home to the stir river patrol.

Talabecland - Vast heavily forested region. Red and yellow. Crowned eagle banner. Antlers or a tree as symbols.

Talabheim - fortified city in talabecland, lies in a massive crater. Red and white, banner is a warrior maiden, symbols are often the two tailed comet.

Wissenland - southmost province, grey and white. Banner is a white lion carrying a black pennant.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Fhanados

Thanks to you both! Lexicanum had a great deal of info that will be handy for the army background, and Arguleon-veq's colour guide is amazing. Exactly what I needed!

My Empire project is still in the planning phase, but I hope to make use of most of the regions mentioned.

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Glad we could help - be sure to put up a thread on the progress as it gets put together :D
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun