News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Nurgle Shrounding!!!

Started by Chicop76, March 16, 2013, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

I just watched a nugle army totally destroy a white scars army. He used 9 Plague Drones and 8.Beast of Nurgle with 2 squads of 10 horrors with 10 squads of 3 Plague Berarers. Thanks to rolling night fight on turn 1 it was hard for the white scars to do anything. He had his horrors up front which provided a +3 cover save for his Plague Guys. Thanks to night fight his guys had a +2 cover save.

The game went rather good for daemons who received little wounds and was rolling a 2+/ 3+ cover saves. His beast and Drones destroyed the bikes rather easy.

I just want to hear any advice that would help a white scar ary cope with a nurgle list. The problem was the nurge with 2 soul grinders was out shooting the bike list. Also the bike list was losing in combat as well.

I said one mistake was ignoring the horrors and trying to kill the drones and beast.

Arguleon-veq

Shrouding for Nurgle units is pretty great and it does make them very hard to shoot down. I really like beasts of nurgle, they are very similar to nurgle spawn for CSM. I think it is a problem that they dont have a great save though and cant even have somebody with a good save out in front of the squad which can mean they can be caught without cover once they leave a combat, so t hey cant make use of that shrouding. That can mean things like Lootas/Barges can smash them, still that can be mitigated most of the time if your careful.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chicop76

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on March 16, 2013, 08:30:53 PM
Shrouding for Nurgle units is pretty great and it does make them very hard to shoot down. I really like beasts of nurgle, they are very similar to nurgle spawn for CSM. I think it is a problem that they dont have a great save though and cant even have somebody with a good save out in front of the squad which can mean they can be caught without cover once they leave a combat, so t hey cant make use of that shrouding. That can mean things like Lootas/Barges can smash them, still that can be mitigated most of the time if your careful.

I played against the list with my daemons and called it a lost in turn 2. I had to quick play due to store closing, but the drones/ beast was a problem to deal with. Not to mention that I deployed force and he seized the int. Horrors shooting at Horrors was just madness. I deny he denied, but I did managed to wipe out a squad.

Overall I will say nurgle is a bit faster than normal thanks to those two squads. I realised a lot of things this game which will change my list yet again. Stealing int basically caused me to lose since he deployed away from my shooting. I think my str 6 hooror shooting may have helped or make things worst.

I would also like to point out D-grenades gives stealth. Which means if you shoot Nurgle in +5 cover within 8" they get a +2 cover save. Just wanted to point that one out.