News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Started by Pilum, April 20, 2013, 11:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilum

Something quick and dumb based on an image I just couldn't get out of my head until I wrote it down...

It is invariably the case that a rebelling Guard unit will, as its first act of heresy, execute all commissars. There are those who regret it however...

"CHARGE!"
"Can't."
"WHAT?"
"That'd be wrong."
"WRONG?? How in the name of ... all that is holy can it be wrong?"
"They're marines."
"... And...?"
"They're not baddies. They're goodies, like us."
"They're...?"
"Mister Nigel always said they was the only ones who loved the Emperor more than we do. And that they was his kids so they're really special."
"Special?"
"Yerr. Where is Mister Nigel anyway?"
"Gone. Now charge! That's an order!"
"Cant obey orders that're naughty. Mister Nigel and the Emperor wouldn't be 'appy. I wanna see Mister Nigel, this feels bad."
"Well Mister Nigel's not here! Oh hells, they're getting closer... Go! GO! GOOOO!"
"I think..."
"You don't think you big dumb brute, you just get out there and char... Why are you all..? mother!"
A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453

LinnScarlett

It's... kind of cute... somehow...  :o
I mean, the way in which the second/reluctant speaker replies. Very child-like. You should consider giving it a bit more body! :)
I need more time to do the Emperor's work!

You can read my stuff on 2S's Fluff and Stories.

Or, you can come visit my author page on Archive of Our Own. WARNING: NC-17

Narric

I agree, this could do with a bit more body in it. :P

I personaly find it tricky to visualize this exchange. More description of who is speaking to who would help.

Very funny and strange snip-it of... something? XD

Pilum

Yeah, true. Looking back on it, I should have expanded that first section, "especially those with large abhuman contingents (pun not intended)" or something like that.

Ok, full explanation of the image in my mind. Guard unit has rebelled and naturally shot all the commissars. Time frame not important - could even be Heresy (the original bit of background it's based on certainly was). Marines start the final assault, local commander orders his Ogryn auxilia to counter this and things quickly go south from there. :)

That original fluff piece mentioned above was from the original Ogryn article from way back when, if you've got access to the Compendium I think it's in that. Don't know if it's still current, I've not kept up with the IG for a while. Basically that Ogryns are seen as ultra-loyal, with "a child-like devotion to the emperor" and even identify their Commissars as His right-hand men who help them to be good little boys. It went on to say that it was discovered that Rebel Ogryns were told that the loyalists were actually traitors as this was the only way to get them to fight. It's a little snippet that's always stuck with me for some reason and given the big guys a special place in my heart. Hence the title too, you usually see it in relation with Ogryns.

As for expanding it... if it seems THAT intriguing I might just give it a go - as I stated originally, this was very much just a silly little vignette that popped into my head while out for a walk one day.
A prize from the My Little Warhorse story contest: http://gwarrior456.deviantart.com/art/Its-just-a-little-storm-430546453