News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

1st Auric Battalion (and NEW Tau!) vs. IG/Necrons in "Operation Shinobi" (1500)

Started by BigToof, April 23, 2013, 01:30:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

1st Auric Battalion (and NEW Tau!) vs. IG/Necrons in "Operation Shinobi" (1500)
-------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
Now this is a crazy little list.  A good friend let me play around with his collection of Chimera chassis if I would try out a game versus his "hard" list.  I've never done mech before, but I thought, why not?

I didn't get to have any Vendettas, but I had heard good things about Devil Dogs and Hellhounds, so I figured I would give them a try.

I was wondering why people didn't want to try my opponent's list, and... then I saw it.

All the badness of Necrons (which is pretty bad) and more than a touch of IG Vendetta nuttiness.

So... essentially I'm bringing Tanks to a dogfight.  Yeah... this is going to go just swell.

But, there's a hidden ingredient to the whole mix... NEW Tau.

Enjoy!

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Extra LOOOOONG fluff for you Auric Battalion lovers.
Comments and Critiques greatly appreciated!

--------------------------
The Lists
--------------------------

IG/Tau Alliance (of sorts) 1500pts: 51 Infantry, 6 Vehicles; 14 VPs
1st Auric Battalion
-Baron von Oberheim (CCS w/PF, Meltagunsx3 in Chimera)
-Veterans w/Meltagunsx3 in Chimera
-Veterans w/Meltagunsx3 in Chimera
-Hellhound w/Multi-Melta, Smoke Launchers
-Devil Dog w/Multi-Melta, Smoke Launchers
-Devil Dog w/Multi-Melta, Smoke Launchers
Tau Allies
-Shas'O Sha'shera w/Plasma Rifle, Fusion Blaster, IArmor, PChip, MSS, Shield Generator
-Stealth Suitsx3 (Fusion Blaster/Target Lock, Burst Cannon/Positional Relay, Shas'vre Han'zo w/Burst Cannon/ATS)
-Krootx10
-Krootx10
-Broadsidesx2 w/TL-High Yield Missile Pods, SMS, Velocity Trackers

IG/Necrons 1500: 46 Infantry, 5 Vehicles, 1 Fort; 13 VPs
Lord Commissar
Veterans w/Meltagunsx3
Veterans w/Meltagunsx3
Veterans w/Plasmagunsx2
Vendetta
Vendetta
Manticore
Destroyer Lord w/SWeave, Scarabs
Warriorsx5 in Night Scythe
Warriorsx5 in Night Scythe
Wraithsx4
Ageis Defense Line w/Comm Station
-------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2: Boldly Going Forwards, Because We Can't Find Reverse
----------------------------------------------------------

Guardsman Ronald Pittman swallowed, shifting his feet in front of him.  Nothing had really been explained to him, but then again, he didn't think it would be.  As a barely recognizable face amongst the vast horde of Guardsman stationed, he was hoping to keep his head down long enough so that he would be killed later rather than sooner.  But, for some reason or another, he was summoned to the Command Tent.  He had double, triple and then then forcibly dragged-checked, but indeed there was no mistake.  Questions and scenarios ran through his mind.  What could they possibly want from him?  Did they find out about the pics hidden into the back cover of his Primer?  Most lads had one or two stowed away, and he never thought anything of it, but you could never tell with some commanders.

He looked up as there was a rustle of tent-flap, and his gruff looking Sergeant gave him a stern look before passing by.  Pittman's heart fluttered a bit, hoping that indeed, it had been some kind of horrible mistake, but he heard an all too familiar voice bark out.

"Are you going to stand out there all day?"

Pitman swallowed and walked in, throwing a salute midway through entering and almost losing his balance.  The mis-step was clearly noted by the other man seated in the tent.  Baron von Oberheim, leader of the 1st Auric Battalion was in a foul mood.  Every pore of him stank with oozing disappointment, and all of it was currently pointed, twin-linked, in Pittman's direction.  It took every ounce of the Guardsman not to let a trickle of fear-wee collect on the floor.

"Do you know why you're here?"

Oh, by the Emperor.  Was he supposed to?

"N...  No, sir."

The Baron nodded, muttering to himself.

"You're familiar with devices?"

Pittman felt himself brighten up.  Then the voxes perhaps were working.  As a trained vox-man that meant that he could get attached to a Commander's retinue, hopefully safer than his current position.

"Yes!  Yes, sir.  Fully trained in vox-communications."

The Baron nodded, adjusting his monacle.

"You'll have to do then."

He furrowed his brow, and Pittman wondered if he was supppsed to say something when a bevy of eight, young women walked into the tent.  Pittman tried to fight leering at them, but it was so hard.  And it took effort not to look at them as well.

The Baron strode forward, and nodded at the girls, who lowered their hoods.  PIttman felt his newly tempered member fall with cataclysmic fury as he recognized them: The Mordheim Cuckooos.  Psykers.

Oh, no.  No. No.

"The Girls' handler is still in the med-tent.  No doubt just to irritate me.  You'll take over."

Pittman sputtered, "Uh, begging your pardon, sir, but..."

"Here," said the Baron, tossing Pittman a rather complicated looking device.  The Guardsman looked at the strange contraption, more levers and buttons than machine.  He felt an inner curiosity to push one, then heard the girls simultaneously gasp.

The Baron rolled his eyes.  "Not yet.  Just use it if the Warp takes one of them.  Should be lethal enough.  Keep.  The.  Numbers.  Right."

Pittman swallowed a bit and looked over at the girls, who he could tell had clearly labeled, ornameted necklaces, each numbered.  It didn't take a Tech-Priest to know what was going on.

"Uh, but...  But, sir, shouldn't someone...  I mean...."

The Baron took a step forward and narrowed his eyes at Pittman in a way that made every fiber of the man bunch up.

"Are you questioning my orders, Guardsman?"

Pittman shook his head no.  Then he paused, and saluted just to be sure.

The Baron straightened and then nodded himself.

"Good.  I'll give you time to get acquainted.  Don't kill them all before I get back."

A question popped out of Pittman's mouth before he could stop it, "To where, sir?"

The Baron glared at the man.  "You do not need to know.  Mind the girls until I get back."

Pittman nodded so feverishly he felt his head might pop off.

With a growl, Baron von Oberheim turned on his heel and walked out of the tent.

Pittman swallowed and looked nervously at the girls.

"So, uh...  How was everyone's day?"

----------------------------------------

With that matter settled, Baron von Oberheim set himself to the proper job of getting down to destroying his opposition.  Some of the Guard set on the planet had come up with the silly idea that they should hold and wait for orders that would never come.  Lead by the obviously insane and senile Lord Commissar Vertok, a full platoon of Guard had taken their leave without his approval.  Both sides declared the other heretics and infighting had begun soon and well enough.  He had managed to scrape together an armored column, although two things enraged him about the entire ordeal.

First, the fact that Vertok had somehow convinced part of the Navy to support him and now had Vendettas that were shooting apart his line without hesitation.

The second, and most annoying, was the fact that he had insufficient tank crews, as most of them had (for some reason) defected to Vertok's banner.  So, he was forced to see who amongst his men could drive straight five times out of ten.  The results were depressingly obvious, and he was forced to swallow some of his pride and allow the unthinkable.

There was a crashing sound and the Baron looked over with a snarl pre-formed on his lips.

"Those aren't bloody toys!  Keep them together until we get to the enemy!"

Two super-charged vehicles had slammed together headfirst in an almost playful manner, and the Baron glowered as the hatch to one of them opened.  The fur-clad tank commander saluted with an annoying grin.

"No worry, Lord Baron.  Steel Beast Killer are ready for move out!"

Lady Tomoe Saigo was covered with engine grease and obviously loving every moment.  The Baron considered ordering her executed, but then her entire foul-smelling lot would probably run to the other side and leave him without drivers.  He then considered asking the Emperor what he deserved to be dealt such a fate, but he knew that the greater the hero the more base and untrustworthy the minions he would be burdened with.  Such was the fate of all decent men in the universe.

Still, it could have been worse.  The Tau could still have been following them.

------------------------------------------

"Oh, that is not good."

Shas'O Sha'shera stated the somewhat obvious to the Tau surrounding her.  The latest battles had whittled down the number of Fire Warriors and supplies she had at her disposal and now she was forced to use less conventional forces.

Namely Kroot.  And Stealth Squads.

She wasn't sure which was more insubordinately bothersome.

The Shas'vre of the XV-25's was named Han'zo.  An older, experienced, and somewhat frustatingly silent warrior who didn't so much as contribute to conversations as just simply absorb them.  He sat opposite Sha'shera on a small table, flanked to either side by a representative of her very few Broadsides and a Kroot.

Sha'shera looked at the scans again.  The Imperials had fractionized into two groups as their supplies started to run low and their distress calls had gone unanswered.  Unlike the somewhat more regimented forces that she had at her disposal, it seemed that one of their Shas'vre had seized power over part of their forces and was leading it against the Baron.

She frowned.  She owed the Gue'la a life debt still for saving her life, and he had yet to appreciate her recent attempts at safeguarding his life.  In fact, he had rather bluntly ordered her to stay away, which she was trying to do while sabotage the other Gue'la faction.  The only problem was that that other faction had found rather unconventional allies.

She wasn't sure how the Walking Death had come to the planet, and perhaps their reasons were unnecessary.  But what was obvious was that now two aerial forces were bearing down on the armored vehicles of the Baron.

Many simulations had be run, and none of them showed anything but complete annihilation.

That is, unless other forces intervened.

She glanced up at Han'zo, who simply returned a silent, unblinking stare, devoid of thought and opinion.  It was like looking into a burrowing void that attempted to devour your entire soul.

It took some effort to look away, and she tried to make light of it.

"It's kind of funny, you know, the Gue'la Shas'vre taking control like that.  I mean, you would never think of doing that to me, right?"

She took a chance, looking back at the elder Tau who spoke in solemn tones.  "Impossibilities do not exist on the field of battle."

Tau'va, she thought, that was a refreshing thought.  She sucked her lip a bit while considering the options.  Her honour demanded that she help, even in their impoverished state and the very likely chance that it would result in their simultaneous annihilation.  Then again, was it really in the service of the Tau'va if she threw away herself and her warriors like that?

"Kroot hungry.  Eat soon, yes?"

She glanced over at the Kroot envoy.  She didn't think much of it before, but his markings were a bit different than the one that usually came.  In fact, it looked quite different, gnawing on a bone that looked horrifyingly not unfamiliar at all.

Sha'shera swallowed.  Perhaps other facts did come into play.  After all, everyone did have to die sooner or later.  And it was far better to fall on the battlefield rather than into a stewpot.  Although with the Kroot around, both fates might befall you...

----------------------------------------

Lord Commissar Vertok had pegged the Baron as an incompetent half-wit the first time he laid eyes upon him, and his frustrations had only grown from that day.  After their folly-filled fall through the Warp, they had ended up on a broken, uninhabited world that the Baron had demanded be taken in the name of the Imperium.  That was easy enough.  But as days grew to weeks and food and supplies dwindled, something had to be done.  Vetok had first suggested, then demanded and then finally ordered the man to take them out of orbit and chance going back into the Warp. But the stubborn, monacled buffoon refused to budge, no doubt harboring some kind of idiotic arrogant vision of his own ascension.  More than once Vertok had considered executing the man, but things were not at a head at that time.

It wasn't hard for Lord Commissar Vertok to figure out when the time was to seize control.  When he noticed the oddly tasting food and spoke to the cooks, they had nervously told him to speak to the Techpriests.  The Priests had nonchalantly brought him to the Med-Tent where he saw with disgust that the Baron had strapped down the morbidly obese Overseer of the Psykers and was pumping the fat out of her to feed to the men.  He had demanded an explanation, and the Priests had rattled off some kind of nonsense regarding fat intake and calories and what-not.

But Vertok knew what it was.  The Baron was getting rid of dissenters and fattening up his men with cannibalistic foodstuffs.  Killing two birds with one stone.  The Commissar patted his own, only slightly marginalized, girth and had realized that it didn't take an oracle to figure out who was next for dinner.  Apparently, most of the men had agreed (or at least folded under his threats of execution), and now he had a decent sized army.  The Baron had tanks, but he had planes.  It was irritating that he could beat the ground forces senseless, but he still lacked the manpower to take the ground he had won, meaning that the entire situation had devolved into a grinding tug-of-war that was going nowhere fast.

So, Vertok rationalized, the entire Xenos situation was thus the Baron's fault.  His Naval officers had told him that a strange vessel had appeared in orbit, much like their craft had, but it was much smaller.  There had been some rather exciting air dogfights as Necron ships flew through the air trying to down his Vendettas.  Neither side was doing much damage, and it was getting to be rather dull until some of the Baron's tanks wandered in and were promptly shot to bits by both sides.

Vertok realized the bloodlust of his once-opponent, the Destroyer Lord Gar'gyl, and the two had entered into a pact with openly displayed venomous hate and loathing for one another.  It was simple really.  Destroy the weaker third party and then get back to the proper business of annihilating each other.  Vertok nodded.  An entirely distasteful situation, one that would be rectified when he destroyed the Xenos, but that would be after he had the Baron's head on a pike.
----------------------------

Mission: Cleanse the Alien (VPs), Night Fight ON
Deployment: Hammer and Anvil
Warlord: Baron: Night Fight (which is... already on...), Lord Commissar: Gets FNP if within 3" of objective (which... we don't have...)

To be continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

The Man They Call Jayne

Oh this is going to be nasty. That is a VERY hard list, rather you than me. Maybe if you had Bang and his new found Riptide I may be more optimistic about this.

Still. On the bight side. . .oh wait, thats a solar flare. . .

If you manage to pull a win out of this one, it will have to be by the skin of your teeth.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Cammerz

So the baron has them eating the overseer? Blimey I did not expect that, I can understand why so many joined the Commissar. I hope things get sorted out for him soon.

As for the army lists I reckon a Quad Gun would help you against this opponent. Hellhounds and Devil Dogs are all well and good but you need something without templates or blasts to deal with those fliers, I suppose at least the Vendettas will need to drop down to hover mode if they want to drop their cargo and then you've got them.

And as for the Tau, no snipers for the kroot? Seems a bit odd having two plain units, given that you only need 1 Troops choice for the allied detachment. The Broadsides won't be too effective if you need to deal with loads of fliers at once but you'll be wanting to target the Vendettas before the Scythes if you want your vehicles to stick around.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

BigToof

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 23, 2013, 05:26:49 AM
Oh this is going to be nasty. That is a VERY hard list, rather you than me. Maybe if you had Bang and his new found Riptide I may be more optimistic about this.

Still. On the bight side. . .oh wait, thats a solar flare. . .

If you manage to pull a win out of this one, it will have to be by the skin of your teeth.

Hi Jayne, yes this was ugly with a side of ugly.
If I didn't have the Tau, I don't think I would have much of a chance...

Let me know how you think I did!  I'd love to hear people's thoughts on what I could/should have done.

Quote from: Cammerz on April 23, 2013, 01:57:26 PM
So the baron has them eating the overseer? Blimey I did not expect that, I can understand why so many joined the Commissar. I hope things get sorted out for him soon.

As for the army lists I reckon a Quad Gun would help you against this opponent. Hellhounds and Devil Dogs are all well and good but you need something without templates or blasts to deal with those fliers, I suppose at least the Vendettas will need to drop down to hover mode if they want to drop their cargo and then you've got them.

And as for the Tau, no snipers for the kroot? Seems a bit odd having two plain units, given that you only need 1 Troops choice for the allied detachment. The Broadsides won't be too effective if you need to deal with loads of fliers at once but you'll be wanting to target the Vendettas before the Scythes if you want your vehicles to stick around.

Looking forward to the rest of it.

Hi Cammerz,
The fluff is a bit squicky, but I hope you'll stay 'til the end.
As for the list, I'm just playing around with things, but let me know what you think (in terms of game, list and fluff!)

And now, here's the rest of the rep!

Thank you all for your patience!

------------------------------

Setup: Well, my opponent (for once) is the only person who brought an ADL, so he puts it down on the right side.  Terrain goes down with a central ruin on my side, and some blocking terrain dividing his deployment zone.

Although I get the sneaking suspicion that something nasty is going to go down opposite the Comm Station, he has far, far too many Fliers for me to be shy.

I get (or was it given?) first turn, and put Sha'shera and her Broadsides in the center ruin with range to the Comm Station and I go all in with the IG, putting the Devil Dogs and Hellhound in the front (Hellhound in the middle) and the Chimeras behind them (Baron in the middle, naturally).  I opt to infiltrate the steath suits and outflank both Kroot squads.

My opponent is a bit surprised that so much of my stuff isn't on the board, but just shrugs and gets on with it.  He puts the Necron Destroyer Lord and Wraiths next to the Comm Station (Oh man...), and behind that all too innocent bunch of blocking terrain he puts the Manticore in the corner (!) with plasma-vets in front of them.  The Vets are lined across the side of the board to prevent outflanking.

It would bother me, IF I was planning on outflanking the Stealth Suits.  Since the whole blocking LoS works both ways, I drop my Stealth Suits in a narrow alleyway that nobody can see, and is nicely a bit out of 12" from the Manticore.

Right, so we have a chance.  Not a big one, but a chance!

Turn 1: IG/Tau
Shas'O Sha'shera looked over the battlefield again from her hidden balcony.  The Gue'la had been confusing before, so it shouldn't have been much of a shock when the Baron and the renegade Leader had agreed on a place to personally come and fight to the death.  It seemed like an interesting tactical quandry, that is, until the Baron actually did show up with a squadron of tanks.  She shook her head, wondering if this passed for tactics amongst the Imperium.
She nodded to Shas'vre Han'zo behind her and then turned back to the front.

"Right, so here's the plan.  We're not entirely sure of what kind of armament the other Gue'la are going to bring, but a good deal of it will be airborne.  XV-88 units stay with me.  We should have clear shots from this vantage point.  Han'zo and his team will scout ahead and let us know what's going on.  Now, the important thing is that we have to act as an organized unit.  We cannot broach any attempt to... What is it, Shas'Ui?"

One of the Broadsides had raised a polite hand.

"Begging your pardon, Shas'O, but does that include the XV-25's?"

Sha'shera frowned, "Of course it does."

"Then, uh... maybe we should have told them that before they left?"

Sha'shera felt her eyes go wide as she swiveled quickly around, but there was no sight of the Stealth Suits.  They were gone as ghosts.  She swallowed.  No point in even trying communications, they would be silent for their mission.  She only hoped that they had understood the jist of her intentions.
-----------------------------

"There it is again, Roth, do it think it's one of them?"

"Them, who, Korgan?"

Trooper Korgan narrowed his eyes, trying to make something out of the eerie blackness that still stuck to everything.

"Those skeletons.  Don't trust them."

Roth nodded.  Both Guardsmen had realized the problem with the entire situation.  Both sides were potentially legitamite depending on who won, and that meant that doing anything other than what you were told was a sure-fire way of being executed.  So, when being told that they had to not shoot skeletal xenos that would usually be shooting them dead, the Veterans of the former 1st Auric Battalion decided that they would just wait and see who shot at them first.  Korgan glanced behind him to make sure that the Manticore was still intact.  The crew looked nervous as well.

"I still don't understand why we just can't start pounding them into paste from this range."

Roth snorted, "Right, Korgan, those guys back there are going to start firing at moving targets instead of just waiting for decent targets.  Soon as those engines idle down, there'll be fireworks for sure."

"Yeah, I guess," Korgan said, itching his ear.

The trooper had a micro-second of wondering why it was getting so hot when a concentrated blast of energy roared by his head and melted into the front of the Manticore.  The men inside screamed and all of the surrounding Veterans tried to hit the dirt before the tank exploded.  Most were lucky, some less so.
-------------------------------

"Lord Baron?  I think that was an explosion."

Baron von Oberheim snorted.  The report was stating the obvious.  Vertock had said that he was going to fight it out honourably, but apparently some kind of treachery was afoot.

"Sir?  Auspex is picking up some kind of movement ahead, not sure exactly what kind."

Perfect, thought the Baron, just the right kind of situation for slowly advancing under a hail of withering fire.

"Alright, now advance slow..."

"SAIGO!"

Before the Baron could say anything more, Lady Saigo and the Attalian-driven front-line tanks sped forward, blitzing over rock and rubble as the Baron did his best to scream epithets after them.  It had been mere seconds and the entire plan had fallen asunder.

"You idiots!  Stay in formation!" barked the Baron into his comms.

"Yessir!  Stay in formation!"

The Baron whipped his head down and saw with some horror as his driver put the pedal down, trying to catch up with the rapidly advancing Hellhounds.  Rage built up within the Baron as he realized that idiocy was a disease that had rapidly taken root in his men.  He would have to see if they could stomache the treatment soon enough.
--------------------------------

Huh, well, things could be really bad with a bunch of clustered Chimeras and a Manticore in the works.  So... I have to pray the Suits get lucky.  I also have to try and thin out his Wraiths as they're within 30" (i.e. within Melta Cannon range).

Suits bounce out and the Tanks move forwards.

Han'zo and his suits split their fire and the fusion blaster thankfully explodes the Manticore, earning first blood (THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU).  The Shas'vre also gets me two precision shots thanks to the ATL and both plasmagunners fall.  The explosion and the burst cannons have trimmed down just over half of the vets, but they don't run.

Meanwhile, the rest of my army pounds into the spotlighted Wraithstar and I end up downing the Destroyer Lord and a few Wraiths.  Sadly, the Destroyer Lord GETS BACK UP (this would be a pattern ALL game long...).

I'm about to bounce the Stealth Suits back, but then I get a HUGE move with the jump pack and figure I should press my luck, and I land right in the Manticore's crater.

Picture Caption: Going all in!

Turn 1: IG/Necrons
--------------------
"Lord Commissar Vertok!  Ground forces are reporting that they are under attack!"

Vertok frowned.  This was entirely ahead of schedule. Just like the Baron to attack before he was even on the field.
Hopefully the Necrons would hold up their end of the bargain.

----------------------

"Roth?  Roth?!"

Korgan looked around, trying to make out anything in the dust and shrapnel strewn earth.  Before he could think about anything, he heard the Sergeant bark to ready bayonets.  Korgan blinked and stared in shock as three barely visible things were patiently waiting in the still burning remains of the Manticore.

Ghosts, he thought, They really are ghosts.  And they were going to charge them?  He swallowed as he readied a frag grenade.  He just hoped they didn't fight as scary as they looked...
----------------------
Well, the Destroyer Lord decides to forgo this whole Comm Station nonsense and bolts backwards, taking the Wraiths with him.  The few Guardsmen on the other flank decide to ready a charge on the Stealth Suits.

They throw a frag grenade and shot a laspistol in the end doing not too much against their 2+ cover save.

Assault has the Vets running into a hail of Burst Cannon fire, and only the Sergeant makes it through alive.  He challenges, and the Shas'vre accepts.  The faster (Guardsmen beating someone out in initiative?  What's the world coming to?) Sarge beats Han'zo around, but the wily Shas'vre weathers the hail of punishment with his 3+ armor save before blasting the poor Sarge down.

Picture Caption: Stealth Suits, the great equalizer?

VPs:
IG/Tau: 3
IG/Necrons: 0

Turn 2: IG/Tau
---------------
Shas'vre Han'zo waited, letting the Gue'la waste his energy battering against his armor.

Unlike the Shas'O, he had many cycles of experience fighting the Imperium.  And every encounter only reinforced their obvious barbarism.  They seemed to have a natural aptitude with close quarter brutality.  The Gue'la fighting him was using one of the Chainswords, a pointlessly brutal weapon that seemed more than a little clumsy.

Han'zo counted the swings, waiting for the Gue'la to tire, and just as the heaving slashes became more intermittent, he shifted his weight and lashed out with a kick to the chest.  The Gue'la went down easily enough.

Still, something was wrong.  Artillery didn't come in unsupported.  Something was going to happen soon.
-----------------
Time to press our luck even further!

One of the Kroot come in and I put them behind the Necrons.
Nowhere to run to now!  (Am I... chasing a Wraith and Destroyer Lord?  What game am I playing again?)
All the tanks move up even more.

The Shas'O and MissileSides are out of range, but that's ok.
Mass shooty goes into the WraithStar and in the end only a single Wraith survives on a single wound (SO CLOSE!).
And the Destroyer Lord then makes me facepalm when he gets back up!

Picture Caption: So close, yet so far!

Turn 2: IG/Crons
------------------
Lord Commissar Vertok allowed himself a well-earned smirk as his Vendettas let go with their lascannons.  The Baron's assembled tanks looked like open targets, just waiting to be destroyed.  Like ants, they tried to scurry out of the way, but one by one would soon be ablaze.

He could already taste his victory, and it was sweet indeed.
------------------
Well, good news bad news.

Bad news, is that his fliers come in.
Good news, is that one Night Scythe decides to sit out this turn.

The Vendettas come in from my left, eying the Chimeras and Tanks just sitting out there with their (figurative) pants down.  The Night Scythe zips in front to offer up some cover.
The WraithStar gets ready to assault the Kroot.  (Oh man...)

Shooting gets down to the painful bits, as the Vendettas trash one of the Chimeras, and the Night Scythe lays into one of the Devil Dogs, who gets away with a lost hull point.  The other Vendetta fires into the Baron's tank, but luckily it gets away with an immobilized result.

Oh, and yes, the Destroyer Lord easily savages and runs down the Kroot, but they manage to get rid of that last troublesome Wraith.

VPs:
IG/Tau: 4
IG/Crons: 1

Turn 3: IG/Tau
-----------------
Baron von Oberheim swore as the Vendettas crushed a Chimera next to him.  He had allowed himself to be distracted by the tomfoolery of his men, and this is where it had lead him.  Squaring his jaw, he decided that the Emperor would receive him with his boots on and his chin held high.

An order to fire died on his lips as a familiar cry echoed through the air:

"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!"

A fusillade of alien firepower streaked through the air like fireworks, landing solidly against one of the Vendettas who tried to jink out of the way to no avail.

The Baron scowled and pulled his field goggles to his eyes.  No doubt about it, it was the Tau inerfering again.  They were going to ruin everything.
-----------------

My last Kroot come in and I put them in on the left side, as they can't do much against fliers.

As for my thinking this round:
You know what they say, when the going gets tough, THROW EVERYTHING YOU HAVE AT THEM.

I move everything to try and at least take down some fliers (and you know, try and stay out of assault range of the Destroyer Lord).

I toss out orders, but I fail horribly on trying to tell the Vets what to do.
All of the IG firepower tries to do something, anything against the fliers, but no 6's pop up.

My opponent is elated.  I'm frustrated.

Then I have the Shas'O active the MSS and the MissileSides tear apart a Vendetta like it's a week old Jaffa cake left in a dorm room (that is to stay, hesitatingly, but with some passion once you find out it's not that bad).  The Lord Commissar somehow survives the crash (perhaps cradled in the flaming bodies of the Vets).

The Stealth Suits also hilariously get a rear shot on the other Vendetta and immobilize it.

Picture Caption: Huh, I actually did something!

Turn 3: IG/Crons
----------------
Newly demoted Sergeant Alexander Chenkov watched with shock as the alien fliers came around, tearing into his brother, Gregori's squad.  The man seized as lightning poured out from the aerial guns, leaving not a man standing as they streaked by.  Alexander swallowed to calm himself.  Perhaps being a Sergeant and not knowing the intricacies of the battle wasn't that bad.  After all, if he had known that it would devolve into aliens shooting at each other, perhaps it would be best not be involved in the first place?
----------------

The last Night Scythe comes in.
The Vendetta has a choice of going out or staying in, so stays in, just moving my Vets out of the way (and their cover!) as it plows dutifully forward... to land about 1" from the Baron's Chimera.

Yeah, it's going to be one of those games.

Mass Shooty has the Baron's ride wrecked and the Vets chewed apart by mass Tesla.
The Destroyer gets ever closer and there's no hope of avoiding his assault next turn.

Picture Caption: Losing tanks quickly!

VPs:
IG/Tau: 6
IG/Crons: 3

BigToof Points:

BigToof

Turn 4: IG/Tau
-----------------
Sha'shera nodded to her Broadsides who again brought their missile pods to bear.  The Imperials still hadn't changed their attack vectors, and were thus rather easy to anticipate.  Another volley brought down another gunship. A warning signal brought her attention to the ground.  The Baron had been forced out of his transport.  Hopefully he would be able to keep his head down until the skies were clear.
-------------------

I move everyone up to try and delay the inevitable.

I try to twin-link my guns, but I'm pretty out of range of doing anything useful.
The Shas'O and her MissileSides down their second flyer of the game as the last Vendetta goes down.
Shots go into the other Night Scythe, but 6's still aren't coming out.
I do throw a shot the Destroyer Lord's way who falls... but GETS BACK UP (seriously, how many times has this been now?)
More shots go into the Lord Commissar, who goes to ground and weathers the storm, taking a single wound for his trouble.

Picture Caption: At least I can chew apart the Fliers with no trouble...

Turn 4: IG/Crons
------------------
Explosions aren't very good, thought Alexander Chenkov as he tumbled his way out of his once-intact Chimera.  The strange, curved alien ships had forced them out and killed more than a few of his men.  Still, they were alive and it wasn't as if...

"Sergeant!  Incom... AAAARGGHH!"

Chenkov looked over in time to see a Guardsman horribly eviscerated by a flying metallic skeleton.  He didn't recall that being in the Primer.  No, no mention of it at all.
-----------------

One Night Scythe flies off the Board, the other gets close to the tanks.
The Destroyer Lord gets close, but is still thankfully blocked by the Chimera that is... uh...
Showing it's side armor to the Scythe.

Bollocks.

The Scythe tears apart the Chimera in a massive explosion and the remains of the Vets pile out.
The Lord assaults in and tears apart a horrible number of Vets who decide to run for the hills afterwards.

Picture Caption: Warning, Warning!  It's in the wire!

VPs
IG/Tau: 7
IG/Crons: 5 (assuming the Vets don't rally)

Turn 5: IG/Tau
---------------------
Baron von Oberheim howled at the Guardsmen running off the field, but either they couldn't hear him over the din of battle, or they just didn't care.  He made a mental note to deal with them later.  More important matters were at hand.  The skies were actually clear for the first time, despite the Tau's infernal meddling.  He looked over at the metallic Xenos that had carved through his ranks.  It seemed so simple to blast it to pieces, yet it stood there almost arrogantly.

The Baron fumed, scowling at the thing.  Let's see how arrogant it is looking down the barrel of a meltagun.

---------------------------

The Vets continue to run, moving hella fast and out of the Baron's 12" order range (joy).
Realizing that this is in fact, TURN FIVE, I decide to go for easy VPs.

I turn everything around to deal with the Destroyer Lord.

Mass Shooty goes into the Lord who either made a deal with the Dice God as he makes almost all of his saves as it takes every last bit of Guard firepower to shoot the pants off him (AGAIN) and he GETS BACK UP (AGAIN!)
The Shas'O and her MissileSides down ANOTHER Flier (that's number 3, btw).

The Kroot, meanwhile have moved up to assault the wounded Commissar.
They assault in, and I can tell things are going bad when he picks off one with his bolt pistol Overwatch (seriously?) and then proceeds to whip the pants off the Kroot as NONE OF THEM HAVE GRENADES.  They fight back, but Kroot are unfortunately seriously undermatched as he just rolls so well and gets away with a single wound left.

Picture Caption: Man, that... kind of blows...

VPs
IG/Tau: 8
IG/Crons: 6

Turn 5: IG/Crons
---------------------
He moves his Scythe back in and the Warriors as well.

Well, the game is within 2 VPs.  My opponent takes a long time to look at the board.
I have the Suits there for Linebreaker (so it's really a 3 VP stretch) and the Destroyer Lord can easily tear a hole in any one target.  But just one.

The Destroyer Lord moves up to my Command Squad (doh!), and the Lord Commissar moves up to assault the Stealth Squad (what?!).
The Scythe fires into one of the Tanks, but thankfully doesn't do more than knock off a hull point (wow, side armor AV12 really rocks).

The Destroyer Lord docks with the Baron's squad.  He challenges and I decide to foolishly accept, forgetting about Scarabs.  The Baron thankfully fails to kill himself with his PF as I make my save, and the Destroyer Lord rolls bupkis for his attacks.
The Lord Commissar also gets into assault and thankfully some of his mojo seems to have warn off as he sticks in, but fails to wound the Shas'vre (whew).

Picture Caption: Gargh, this is getting too epic!

VPs
IG/Tau: 8
IG/Crons: 6

So, if the game ends now, I pick up the win with a decent margin if not... things could go badly.

And...

The game continues!

Turn 6: IG/Tau
------------------
Sha'shera felt her heart rate quicken.  The Baron was engaged by a dangerous alien that had taken the Imperial's toughest firepower and had reassembled itself time and time again, more akin to a waking nightmare than a mortal combatant.
Something had gone wrong with the Baron, that much was certain, as he was spasming, trying to keep his own arm from killing him.  If she let him die now, her blood debt would stain her honour until she died in shame.  That would not do.

Disengaging the Puretide Chip from Armor Targeting, she paused for a moment before activating the Red Rage option.  She hadn't actually tried it on the battlefield, and the effects were noted to be unpredictble, in fact...

Everything in her mind paused in mid-thought as a sudden, feral, instinctive feeling caught her by the throat and brought her to her knees.  The entire world seemed to swim and she looked around.  She felt herself breathing and the distant motion of her limbs, but that mattered little.

All she knew was that she had to murder something.  And do it now.
----------------------

Uh... this game is hella close, as if the Lord Commissar wins, I'm down by 2 and if the Baron goes down, I'm down ANOTHER 2.  So I could lose this one if I don't get dangerous.

It's risky, but I separate Sha'Shera and I tell my opponent she activates Red Rage on her puretide chip (insert PMS joke here) and gets FURIOUS CHARGE.  She lands next to the Destroyer Lord brawl.

The Tau blast down the final Night Scythe (wow, four for four).
Sha'shera assaults in and I get my Glorious Intervention, shoving the Baron out of the way.  The Scarabs don't do much this turn and I pound the Destroyer Lord into the ground.  We consolidate over him to make sure he does NOT get up this time.

The Lord Commissar and Han'zo trade blows a bit, but Han'zo is skilled in the "let the human batter me for a turn or so and then counter" style of fighting, and I finally manage to slap the last wound off the nearly indomitable leader.

And with that insanity, my opponent throws in the towel.  The margin of victory just skipped to 5 VPs, and there's no way that two Warrior squads are going to make that up.

Result: IG/Tau Victory!

-----------------------
Post-Game Thoughts: Wow, this one was a nail-biter all the way to the end.  I was sure that he had me with the Lord Commissar and the Destroyer Lord ready to clean their plate, but the Tau really came through.

In fact, looking at the whole game... I think the Tau did all the heavy lifting.

The Shas'O and her Broadsides downed all four fliers with almost an air of contempt.  With MSS, the fliers don't get a jink save, and 8 TL-HYMP shots with Tank Hunter just wreck face even without a single markerlight.  This setup really makes me think that a centralized firebase that doesn't need markerlight support and can easily reach out and swat even tough fliers is the way to go.  If I could get another one, I would, but I consider these mates to be the core of my Tau setup now.

The Stealth Suits also offer a kind of disruption that I normally don't have and really helps with dealing with those rare artillery pieces that tend to show up.  That level of shooting on T1 is certainly nice, but I don't think it'll necessarily help with ALL occasions though.  The ATL was also nice for picking out those special weapons, but I think it was only really effective as I was shooting at Guardsmen. 

Infiltrating Kroot was fun, but boy do you get what you pay for.  They're really not the greatest shots or the greatest fighters and my opponent just ate them up with well... pretty much anything.  Kind of disappointing, but I guess they were biting off more than they could chew.

I really liked the Hellhounds/Devil Dogs, and I would be thinking of using them again, if only to help force my opponent to have to deal with them.  The Chimeras were helpful, but the faster Tanks really lasted all game although they were totally anemic versus the Fliers.  Although, part of the matter might just be that I don't know how to use Vets.

So changes I can see in the future... I like the mobility, but I really am not sold on Vets.  The Command Chimera was nice though, keeping the Baron from getting his pants shot off the moment the fliers arrived, and I might see if I can keep a few Tanks around, as long as they can keep AV12's pointed AT the enemy (it's harder than it looks, really an art to it, you know).
---------------------

Dying by my own hand, thought Baron von Oberheim, as he watched his own Power Fist slowly come towards his face with bone-shattering force.  At least I fell to a worthy opponent.

Just as he was contemplating how much of a eulogy he would be given, something landed next to him with an explosion of force, knocking him (and his head-dismantling swing) away.

Shas'O Sha'shera looked at the metallic skeleton.  It had seemed so dangerous before, but now?  Now it was something that just had to die.

The creature had a moment to look up before she laid into it, swinging wildly and connecting with earth-shattering blows. Sha'shera wasn't aware of how many blows landed or how many were thrown, but all she knew was, by the Tau'va, how GOOD it felt.  As her vision started to clear, she was aware of a beeping sound, and saw a blinking light on her display.

RED RAGE EXPENDED.  ABORT, RETRY, FAIL?

She blinked for a second and saw that she was straddling a large mass of metallic shrapnel that probably was the alien she had been fighting.  What had happened?  What was she doing?  And why did it feel so GOOD?  She closed her eyes and tried to slow her heart and stop the steaming sweat from rolling down her body, but even her most freverent of meditative techniques wasn't working.  It was as if some kind of switch was turned on, and it was not so easily satisfied.

"Tau!"

She looked up to see a group of Guardsmen hesitatingly pointing their guns at her.  Wobbling to her feet, she had barely a moment to think before Baron von Oberheim rushed at her, knocking her off her feet.  She felt her shields flare and heard her armor bend as the Gue'la landed blow after blow, screaming like an animal.  There was only a moment to think.  She could kill him and double her shame.  She could try and jet away, although it seemed unlikely given all of the firepower surrounding them.  Or she could try a third option.

Bringing up a hand, she swung her body around and brought them both down into the dirt.  As she was several times the Baron's weight, it was simple enough to get on top of him.

"Surrender!"

"Never!" the Baron howled at her, struggling to free himself.

"Why?  WHY?!  You could die!  Your men could die!  Do you care about them so little?"

The Baron snorted and laughed at her, "I would let them die a hundred times before I ever consider bowing to you, Xenos filth.  There is nothing that you can do, nothing that you can say, that would ever, ever change this."

"Including feeding them to each other?"

The Baron looked out and saw Lord Commissar Vertok being half-dragged by another set of Tau suits.  At least he wasn't the only one with bad luck this day.

"Vertok?  What are you talking about?"

The Commissar scowled at him, "You know what I mean!  The med-tent!  That bloated woman being suckled like a sow to fill the belly of your ambition."

Sha'shera looked at the Baron in surprise, which gave him the necessary moment to wiggle a leg free and then kick himself loose.  He rolled to his feet and stormed over to the Commissar, ignoring the Tau.

"What do you mean, Vertok?  What kind of insanity has your feeble mind concocted?"

The Commissar was about to shout a rejoinder and then both men paused, looking intently at one another.

"Techpriests?"

"Techpriests."

Both men nodded, shaking their heads.  A common ground had been found.  Without another word, the Baron helped the Commissar to his feet.

Sha'shera looked at the two in shock.  Words tried to form in her mind, but nothing was quite coming out.

"Shas'O?  It is time we leave before they remember us."

She glanced back to see the quickly fading image of the Stealth Suits and nodded.  Perhaps the entire universe would come and go and she would still not understand the mystery of the Gue'la.  Although, she thought, looking at the Baron's body in a way that felt very not-unfriendly, she certainly could go for a cultural exchange right now...
BigToof Points:

The Man They Call Jayne

Woo. . .that really was close.

My main question is really on the broadsides, for anti-flier work, is the Missile Massacre of option really that much better than the Heavy Rail Rifles?

I am very very torn between the two for an upcoming tounament, where the are 2 Vendettas, an Ork FightaBomma and 2 Necron fliers, although I am unsure which ones.

My thinking is along the lines of "TL to hit, Tank Hunter, AP1, Flyer Go Away." But this games seems to show that weight of fire is overall more effective than big punch, despite the lower range.

Great battle though, and another glorious victory for the rightful heirs of this galaxy!

BigToof

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 28, 2013, 06:04:10 PM
Woo. . .that really was close.

My main question is really on the broadsides, for anti-flier work, is the Missile Massacre of option really that much better than the Heavy Rail Rifles?

I am very very torn between the two for an upcoming tounament, where the are 2 Vendettas, an Ork FightaBomma and 2 Necron fliers, although I am unsure which ones.

My thinking is along the lines of "TL to hit, Tank Hunter, AP1, Flyer Go Away." But this games seems to show that weight of fire is overall more effective than big punch, despite the lower range.

Great battle though, and another glorious victory for the rightful heirs of this galaxy!

Hi Jayne,
Thanks for the reply, I'm a bit sad I haven't seen more replies from the regulars, but I assume that it's the length of the rep?

In any case, I'm really, really impressed with the Shas'O with PChip and Broadsides combination.
Two Broadsides with missiles with a proper Shas'O can reliably take down a Vendetta a turn.
I'm considering getting a double MP Shas'O with Target Lock so I can at least work on another unit, but MSS is so tasty, it's hard to really do too much.
PChip is so dominant, I'm often not sure what I should to complement the army, as fliers become a non-issue at times.

Good luck and I do highly recommend the Missile Sides with PChip Shas'O.  MSS is also very helpful, but it is pricey.  Just taking away Cover saves is killer vs the fliers as it basically removes any chance of them rolling lucky against you.

Best,
-BT

------------

Oh and to all:  I'm working on the next series of reps.

More Tau or is there another army that you'd rather see?

Thanks again for reading!
BigToof Points:

The Man They Call Jayne

Im liking the new Tau stuff personally. I can always see more of it :)

I decided to add a Puretide pattern battlesuit as my commander. No weapons, just the 3 main toys, the Puretide chip, M3S and CCN andan Iridium suit. Costly, but he can travel and add power to any unit. Fluffwise he is a mentor kinda soldier, who simply uses his years of experiences to bring out the very best in the soldiers he commands. O'Bentu'elan (supportive wisdom)

He is just going to sit with the Missilesides and make them and their 6 Missile Drones shred anything and everything through sheer weight of numbers.

As for the lack of replies, the forum has been kinda dead for a while. I wouldn't worry too much, it's a great read. I look forward to Bang and his Cataclysm getting back out there and seeing some more nasty tricks :)

Cammerz

Quote from: BigToof on April 30, 2013, 03:01:43 AM
I'm a bit sad I haven't seen more replies from the regulars, but I assume that it's the length of the rep?

Yeah, sorry about that, my internet was down for a couple of days.

Techpriests right? There's one in the Dark Heresy campaign I'm part of and it's the most heretek thing imaginable, currently up to 91 corruption.
I'm glad the fluff all sorted itself out in the end with all the Guard together and still really anti-Tau despite all of the anti-flyer shooting, that's how Guardsmen should be.

The broadsides were amazing there, on the question of which weapon option to give them, I've used the heavy rail rifles in a game without any flyers and they didn't do a huge amount, admittedly the puretide chip might have helped but my commander works in a very different way. I've actually swapped them out for a Sky Ray now, partially for the skyfiring markerlights but mainly for that fact that it can skyfire it's seekers for half the cost of my broadside unit. Evidently the massed missiles really work.

In a tournament I was recently involved in I found myself against necrons, those resurrection orbs get really annoying after a while, I lost a Bloodthirster to a mob of Necron warriors with a couple of characters (partially bad rolling on my part but he would have chewed through them much faster if they didn't get up on a 4+).

The kroot just don't seem to be working this edition, maybe you need a big unit of 20 with snipers in a large bit of woodland, maybe that would work, but when a squad of them fail to defeat a single Imperial Guard character in combat you know something's wrong.

The Stealthsuits were amazing, because stealthsuits are amazing, as long as they have their cover saves, avoid markerlights and templates and they will be very good.

So, nice work on this one BT,
Job's a good un!

The Man They Call Jayne

Is their any way to actually prevent a Lord from getting back up? Or is that happening no matter what you do?

Arguleon-veq

Great report, close finishes like that are always fun and I agree, it is hard to keep the enemy out of those squishy AV10 side arcs.

You can keep a Necron Lord down if you swarm the point he went down, so that means you have to kill him in combat most of the time, if you have enough guys and get a good consilodate you can spreat out around the dead lord. He can only get up within 3'' of the point he died and cant be within 1'' of an enemy model. Ive done if a few times but its pretty tough.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on April 30, 2013, 03:31:18 AM
Im liking the new Tau stuff personally. I can always see more of it :)

I decided to add a Puretide pattern battlesuit as my commander. No weapons, just the 3 main toys, the Puretide chip, M3S and CCN andan Iridium suit. Costly, but he can travel and add power to any unit. Fluffwise he is a mentor kinda soldier, who simply uses his years of experiences to bring out the very best in the soldiers he commands. O'Bentu'elan (supportive wisdom)

He is just going to sit with the Missilesides and make them and their 6 Missile Drones shred anything and everything through sheer weight of numbers.

As for the lack of replies, the forum has been kinda dead for a while. I wouldn't worry too much, it's a great read. I look forward to Bang and his Cataclysm getting back out there and seeing some more nasty tricks :)

So, more Tau then, eh?  :)  I can live with that.
The Support'O is really starting to become popular it seems, but I often wonder if it's too much in one basket so to speak, as you can still really only enhance one unit at a time.  (Sort of liking taking too many Markerlights, it's about a balance I suppose).
Didn't notice that the forum was getting quiet, but looking back at the stats, I guess you're right.

I blame Spring personally.  Too sunny for all this serious business.  :)

Bang and Lorilune are coming back, don't worry about that!

Quote from: Cammerz on April 30, 2013, 11:11:58 PM
Quote from: BigToof on April 30, 2013, 03:01:43 AM
I'm a bit sad I haven't seen more replies from the regulars, but I assume that it's the length of the rep?

Yeah, sorry about that, my internet was down for a couple of days.

Techpriests right? There's one in the Dark Heresy campaign I'm part of and it's the most heretek thing imaginable, currently up to 91 corruption.
I'm glad the fluff all sorted itself out in the end with all the Guard together and still really anti-Tau despite all of the anti-flyer shooting, that's how Guardsmen should be.

The broadsides were amazing there, on the question of which weapon option to give them, I've used the heavy rail rifles in a game without any flyers and they didn't do a huge amount, admittedly the puretide chip might have helped but my commander works in a very different way. I've actually swapped them out for a Sky Ray now, partially for the skyfiring markerlights but mainly for that fact that it can skyfire it's seekers for half the cost of my broadside unit. Evidently the massed missiles really work.

In a tournament I was recently involved in I found myself against necrons, those resurrection orbs get really annoying after a while, I lost a Bloodthirster to a mob of Necron warriors with a couple of characters (partially bad rolling on my part but he would have chewed through them much faster if they didn't get up on a 4+).

The kroot just don't seem to be working this edition, maybe you need a big unit of 20 with snipers in a large bit of woodland, maybe that would work, but when a squad of them fail to defeat a single Imperial Guard character in combat you know something's wrong.

The Stealthsuits were amazing, because stealthsuits are amazing, as long as they have their cover saves, avoid markerlights and templates and they will be very good.

So, nice work on this one BT,
Job's a good un!

Cammerz Lives!!!
Just kidding :)
But it is good to see you again, was a bit worried when I didn't see you for a while.
Glad you liked the end to the fluff, as I don't think the Baron and IG will be easily swayed, no matter how hard the Tau may try.
The Kroot did horribly this time around, mostly due to the Lord Commissar rolling amazingly well and well... what can you ask versus a Necron Lord anyway?  They lack a LOT of their assault punch they had last edition, so I have to remember that.  Definitely more shooty this time around.
The Stealth Suits were loads of fun, and their ability to disrupt plans and open up the enemy's backfield lends a lot of options.  Not sure what they are yet, but it made me think (which is always a good thing).
I also like the fluff of these enigmatic types that act outside of Tau norm, which makes them unpredictable.  I'm considering adding one to Bang's group and see how it works out.
Necrons are just painful overall to deal with as they always have that save at the end so you have to work overtime with shooting them down to the last man... err... robot.

I think I might stay with Tau for now.  Any suggestions for future battles?  I have games versus Daemons and GK right now.

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on May 01, 2013, 04:51:26 PM
Great report, close finishes like that are always fun and I agree, it is hard to keep the enemy out of those squishy AV10 side arcs.

You can keep a Necron Lord down if you swarm the point he went down, so that means you have to kill him in combat most of the time, if you have enough guys and get a good consilodate you can spreat out around the dead lord. He can only get up within 3'' of the point he died and cant be within 1'' of an enemy model. Ive done if a few times but its pretty tough.

This one was scary close.  I think I might have to give up my pipe-dream of Mech Guard as my friend wants his Chimeras back.  I might be able to borrow a few now and again, but it feels weird not to have my own models.

Spot on about how to keep the Lord down.  I can usually do it in assault, but...  that's one thing the Tau aren't so great at...

Hmm... Although I suppose you could use the assault move to throw some suits on top of him, but that's a lot just to babysit one model...

---------------

Thank you all for your kind comments as it really does help with the creative process to get good feedback.

I have games vs GK and vs Daemons on the back-burner.

If anyone has a preference, let me know!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Quote from: BigToof on May 02, 2013, 01:06:03 AM

Thank you all for your kind comments as it really does help with the creative process to get good feedback.

Best,
-BT

Well, Daemons are always fun, and slightly more of a challenge perhaps with their new codex, let's see what they have to offer.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on May 02, 2013, 12:19:38 PM

Best,
-BT

Well, Daemons are always fun, and slightly more of a challenge perhaps with their new codex, let's see what they have to offer.

Daemons for next one, for sure.
I do have something extra interesting that may bump it if you don't mind :)
Should be up in a bit.
Let me know if you'd rather have Tau v Daemons and I'll just run them simultaneous.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Quote from: BigToof on May 04, 2013, 12:41:03 PM
Quote from: Cammerz on May 02, 2013, 12:19:38 PM

Best,
-BT

Daemons for next one, for sure.
I do have something extra interesting that may bump it if you don't mind :)
Should be up in a bit.
Let me know if you'd rather have Tau v Daemons and I'll just run them simultaneous.

Best,
-BT

Whichever you think is best, if one of them happens to be using a Bloodthirster I'd like to see you take that on, but if both or neither, then whichever you think will have the best fluff.