News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

and one more New Tau Question

Started by knightperson, April 29, 2013, 03:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knightperson

Do signature systems take "slots" on the crisis suits? The Elite Shas'vre's rules say "A Crisis Shas'vre may take up to three items from the Ranged Weapons, Signature Systems, and/or Support Systems lists", suggesting that Signature Systems count against his allotment. However the entries for both Commander and Xv8 Crisis Bodyguard Team say "may take items from the Signature Systems list" as a separate bullet point, suggesting that he can take as many signatures as they want and still have their 3 or 4 Ranged and Support items. Which is right???

Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.

pepsi

Assume if the signature item is a weapon that it takes up a weapon slot. They don't make that distinction for items, such as the command and control node, or the gauntlet. Nothing save the 1 per army and PT cost limits it really.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

The Man They Call Jayne

Currently, it seems to be the concensus that they are Hardwired and take up no Slots. Elite 'Vres get up to 1 and the commander could take them all if you wanted to spend a bajillion points.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

BlackPowderChocobo

The exception is an Elite XV8'vre; it specifically calls out that it takes up one of the 3 slots that can also be used for Supporting Wargear and Weapons. 

Also, with the wording as it is: "A Crisis Shas'vre may take up to three items from the Ranged Weapons, Signature Systems, and/or Support Systems lists", means that you can have a 3 signature system Elite 'vre suit (I've been pondering that for a stupidly expensive suicide unit of a 'vre with the Command and Control Node, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, and Puretide Chip with 2 suits with 2 Fusion Blasters and a Target Lock).

BPC
I'm sorry Tony the Yodelling Shetland Pony can't sing tonight.  He's a little hoarse.

The Man They Call Jayne

Personally I have found that a Support commander (I'm thinking of calling it the Puretide Pattern) is one of the best set ups there. Puretide Chip, CCN, MSSS and a Drone Controller. Doesn't ever shoot at anything, but it makes the unit it joins utterly devestating. I tried it on my Missilesides and DAMN, that is some scary firepower.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

pepsi

It's scary knowing you can still get 8 missilepods from two uis, and you can get them rerolled with that support pattern Jayne is mentioning. Or cover ignored.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

BlackPowderChocobo

Both actually, since you can use the MSSS and the CCN at the same time.  Ain't no kill like overkill!
I'm sorry Tony the Yodelling Shetland Pony can't sing tonight.  He's a little hoarse.

KCKitsune

Broadside weapons are already Twin linked.  Waste of a CnC Node. 
From the Makers of Lemon Flavored Kitten souls, comes the newest in Taste Sensations... Mutant Evil Sauce(tm)*!

Mutant Evil Sauce is Good(tm) on EVERYTHING

* == Evil Snacks Inc is not responsible for any uncontrolled outbreaks of flesh eating zombies

InsaneTD

Yeah, but it works on broadside missile drones.