News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Sisters of Battle VS. Dark Angels

Started by Waaaghpower, May 06, 2013, 07:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

This was my first Sisters game, so I figured it deserved a writeup:
Sisters of Battle VS. Dark Angels (750 pts.)
Sisters:
HQ:
Saint Celestine
Troops:
2x 10 Sisters, dual plasma pistols on the superior and 1 melta gun
Fast Attack:
7 Seraphim, Eviscerator and Plasma Pistol, 2 sets of Hellfire Pistols (The melta pistols.)
Heavy Support:
1 Penitent Engine

Dark Angels:
HQ:
Librarian
Command Squad (One storm shield and a chapter banner, I think a plasma pistol)
Elites:
5 Terminators, 1 chainfist
Troops:
2x 10 Marines, some plasma between them but nothing major)

"Sir, we have our orders. They've been trapped there for ten years, it's impossible that they resisted the taint of Chaos for this long."
"It's a shame. Very well... Ready the men for battle."
"Ma'am, it appears the enemy is advancing for another assault."
"Can't these heretics learn? Very well... Prepare for battle, and tell me... What are they bringing today?"
"It... It appears to be fallen marines, ma'am. The taint of chaos has not marred their bodies, but they can't possibly be here without having succumbed."
"Unfortunate, but there's nothing we can do. Fetch me my sword."

Deployment: A 4x4 board. There was a medium sized trench on both sides and a couple pieces of ruins, one piece in the center of the board with its back to one side, the other facing the other way and in the far deployment zone. We rolled basic objectives for game type, one ended up on top of the center ruin, one ended up in the middle of the board near no terrain, and the other was inside the other ruins on the ground. Dark Angels got first deployment, he put his command squad and 1 group of marines in the trench, and the Terminators, other squad of marines, and librarian behind the ruins to hold the objective. I placed my Seraphim in the front of my army with Celestine in the very front, one squad of Sisters behind them, and the other squad in cover from the center ruin. The Penitent Engine was placed behind the ruins as well. I did not seize initiative.

Turn one:
The command squad surveyed the battlefield, examining options. "Sir... It appears they have no visible chaos taint."
The librarian, however, shook his head. "The warp presence is strong here. They have no doubt succumbed, it is merely not visible yet. Stay steadfast, and fire on my mark."
Firepower opened violently, hitting the Seraphim. They were barely in range, but close enough for some of the heavier weapons. The shells crashed into the Seraphim, knocking a couple down but causing no major number of casualties.
"Sisters, Charge!" Firing up her jump pack, Celestine and her squad jumped into the oncoming fire, weathering it as best they could. Behind her, the infantry ran forward, scrambling to get behind cover. Ever ready to get into combat, the Penitent Engine charged forward with no regard for survival, as the troops took cover behind it. Climbing into the ruins, one squad attempted to get to higher ground while the other ran and maneuvered, planning to get behind their foes.
(Two Seraphim died, little else happened. I moved forward, he took no serious casualties. Maybe one marine died, that's about it. I got a lot closer, one squad running behind the center ruin in an attempt to get to the objective near the top of it.)

Turn two:
"Hold fire, men..." It took courage to remain steadfast as the chaos-warped sisters charged forward. Still, Dark Angels are nothing if not courageous. Raising their bolters, They unleashed the full fury of their weaponry into the Seraphim. Three more came crashing to the ground, explosive rounds penetrating their armor. However, behind walls and ruins, they were unable to even damage the sisters routing their left flank, the warring saints getting ever closer. Celestine herself took almost no damage, the minor injury taken only causing her to get mad.
A bullet ripping into her shoulder, Celestine narrowed her eyes on the enemy command squad. "Sisters, take care of the terminators. I've got this under control." The Seraphim broke off, jumping towards the terminators hiding in cover, as she went ahead to the command squad herself. Meanwhile, the Penitent engine got close enough to light up her heavy flamers, scorching a marine behind their barricade. Roaring in an angry battle cry, she smashed through the wall of their makeshift barricade, ripping apart all but three of the marines in an enraged charge. Those who survived barely escaped, causing no damage to the raging beast of combat.
Celestine herself was no less furious, attacking the command squad with all her might. For their valor, they injured her, but couldn't deal a killing blow as she ripped three of them limb from limb, her holy sword growing moist with gene-seed augmented blood. Her Seraphim, for their valor, killed merely two Terminators in a pistol-fueled charge, before being cut down by the armor-clad warriors.
(Celestine took a wound in combat but killed three members of the command squad. The Penitent Engine barely made it into combat, but once he did, all of his points were made back instantly. Meanwhile, my sisters in the ruins got up to the objective, and the sisters near them continued running forward to get behind the ruins. All in all, it was disappointing that my Seraphim didn't cause more wounds, but oh well.)

Turn three:
"Hold your ground, men!" The librarian called, regrouping the marines as they retreated from the raging penitent engine. "Terminators! Take it out!" He grouped the men back towards the vital battlefield point under the ruins, as the Terminators rounded the ruins and prepared to charge the penitent engine. Meanwhile, the free marine squad took this opportunity to charge to the center of the battlefield, trying to claim the high ground. The terminators charged, losing one man to the raging machine, but ripping it apart with power fists and chain fists, cutting it down to size. The command squad took another casualty, but the last man resister her onslaught by raising his storm shield, barely surviving but raising his pistol and firing. The bullet flew into her, knocking the saint to the ground.
"I... Will... Not... Die... So... Easily!" Celestine shouted, dragging herself to her feet. As if by magic, she seemed to be healthier than before. The last member of the command squad was stunned, barely having time to mutter 'Chaos Treachery...' before she waved to a squad of sisters and they blew him apart with a Multi-melta. Turning her gaze to the space marine squad next to her, she clapped the sword and engulfed them in flame, slaying two before she raised her sword in a battle cry, charging... And getting mown down by defensive bolter fire. Across the battlefield, the squad of Sisters unengaged in holding objectives opened fire on the Terminators, plasma and melta and bolters blasting apart their armor and taking them down.
(Saint Celestine came back to life with 2 wounds. He inflicted two wound with some good overwatch fire. I failed two 2+ armor saves and Celestine got knocked down... Again... Still, I killed the last of his terminators and got closer to the one objective he was still holding. The marine squad that had killed Celestine was also very close to holding the objective at the center of the board.)

Turn 4
"Men! Hold fast and claim the high ground!" The librarian called across the battlefield, and his men got the order, running to the tactically optimal position as they fired loose suppression shots at the sisters hiding in the ruins. Meanwhile, the Librarian focused his mind, igniting a Sister and singing the armor of those nearby, but not doing enough damage to make them even nervous.
"Chaos traitors!" the sister superior yelled as one of her ranks ignited in flame. "You'll burn for this!" Focusing her firepower, they fired into the remaining marines, killing all of them save for the Librarian. What sisters were in the ruins fired down at the Marines sitting in open terrain, slaying a couple. As this happened, Celestine focused her strength and raised up again in holy fire, her wounds fully healed. Charging at the nearest enemy, she ripped them limb from limb and as they tried to flee, burned them to death with holy fire, killing every last one. Finally, the sisters near the librarian charged, taking no damage and slaying the chaos-tainted foe.
(Celestine came back with three wounds, and I gunned down basically everything else. The librarian only had one wound left when I charged, so he was easy pickings. I also realized at this point that I had forgotten to use faith points this entire game... Oh fie, but I still won.)
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Arguleon-veq

Celestine is such a game winner, especially in these smaller games.

One problem for sisters is losing combat and having what should be a durable squad get ran down, I think he needed to try and close with you with all of his army to try and engage your sister units, even a basic marine tactical squad easily out fight battle sisters in combat and losing by 1 or 2 could see you lose the whole unit.

A good win though as even with celestine it seems a fairly hard match up, tacs should beat sisters, termies should be able to deal with seraphim etc so you played it well.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

Great game, and I'm glad that Celestine was outstanding.  She really does shine in the small games more than the others.

Good to see another Sisters player :)

On the hobby side, if anyone has other ideas besides the really old models, I'd love to hear it, as I think we could do with better looking minis and there's so much out there nowadays...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Waaaghpower

You could always go with something like this, BigToof:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/317319?browseid=5330667
Seriously though... I've been trying to figure that out too.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.