News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tyranid Question?

Started by Chicop76, May 23, 2013, 04:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

If you have a venomthorpe within 6" of a gaunt squad that assault's. If the person overwatches within 8" of the gaunts, the gaunts will have a 4+ cover save right. +5 from venomthorpe and +1 from the d-grenade effect.

pepsi

FAQ states any shooting attack for the venoms, so 5+ regardless, so if the D grenades give you a cover save for shooting I don't see why you wouldnt get a 4+.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

Brassclaw

As far as i know, gaunts don't have access to defense grenades, unless you are talking about some other mechanic that i'm not aware of

Chicop76

Quote from: Brassclaw on May 24, 2013, 07:49:53 AM
As far as i know, gaunts don't have access to defense grenades, unless you are talking about some other mechanic that i'm not aware of

Venomthorpes gives d-grenades to units 6" near it.

DEF Knight

the question is: does the cover save given by defensive grenades and/or venomthrope stack? I don't have anything handy to check, and cant remember off the top of my head, but i have a feeling the defensive grenades are a flat "unit receives 5+ cover save". If so then the venomthropes need to give an additive cover save (like stealth, shrouded, or simply "plus to cover save") for that to work.

Brassclaw

Quote from: DEF Knight on May 24, 2013, 05:19:40 PM
the question is: does the cover save given by defensive grenades and/or venomthrope stack? I don't have anything handy to check, and cant remember off the top of my head, but i have a feeling the defensive grenades are a flat "unit receives 5+ cover save". If so then the venomthropes need to give an additive cover save (like stealth, shrouded, or simply "plus to cover save") for that to work.
I could go with this assessment. 

Chicop76

Quote from: DEF Knight on May 24, 2013, 05:19:40 PM

The venomthorpe gives a + 5 cover save. D-Grenades give models stealth if being shot at within 8". Said unit only gets a +4 if within 8" of a firing unit.