News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Look out sir!!!

Started by Chicop76, June 05, 2013, 12:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chicop76

Ok let's say I have a hive tyrant with a +2 save and 3 hive guard. I put my tyrant up front which he takes let's say 3 wounds. After my +2 save I make 3 look out sir rolls. I than allocate those 3 wounds to one guard each. If endurance is on them at the end of my turn I make 3 rolls to see if they can get their wounds back right. In essense it makes the squad as +2 as a whole in a way with me being able to allocate differant wounds to each.

I realise a prime and 3 carnifexes can do the same thing.

Or Saint Celstine with Ogryn.

Or a commander with a +4 invulnerable with a riptide and 2 drones.

Or ghazkill with nobs.

I just allocate the wounds to the ic's and let the look out sir rolls come.

knightperson

Uhm, no.

Before the first 6th edition FAQ you could do some Look Out Sir shenanigans, but not any more. When you make a LOS roll, if successful the wound is transferred to the nearest squadmate within 6 inches of the Character. You can move a wounded "wound sink" farther away to let someone else take the wounds, but you can only do that in your movement phase. If I manage to do 3 unsaved wounds to your character and you choose to transfer all 3 of them (assuming you don't roll a 1), then one of your other models just took 3 wounds.

The other problem, which might not apply in the tyrant guard situation you described, is that you can only make the LOS rolls after the save if the nearest models have the same save. A squad of terminators with all 2+ armor can roll a batch of armor saves, then make Look Out Sir rolls for the 1 or 2 that got through, but a commander with artificer armor could not make 2+ saves and transfer the failed ones to 3+ armor tac marines. You would have to either roll his 2+ armor and take it on the commander or roll the LOS and take the 3+ save on the marine. Of course, you are allowed to decide per wound. Transferring the lascannon wound, then taking 10 of the lasgun wounds until the commander has only one left then transferring the rest is legal.
Cured of what I'm suffering from, but suffering from the cure.