News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The (OLD) Eldar Alliance vs. Tau (1500) in "The Blood of the Innocent"

Started by BigToof, June 05, 2013, 03:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigToof

The (OLD) Eldar Alliance vs. Tau (1500) in "The Blood of the Innocent"

Hi All,
I knew it had to happen.  The Eldar have a new Codex.
I had learned to love the old Eldar Codex, it had a lot of strange eccentricities, but it was versitile and powerful in it's own right.
But, now, things are changing.
Quie a few things, from what it seems.
So, the Eldar Alliance must change as well.
But for now, one last hurrah, this time against Tau.
I have posted about this game here and there, so you probably realize that it's not a walk in the park.
But, I hope that you'll at least have a fun read.
Oh, and there's fluff too :)

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated!

------------------------------

----------------
The Lists
----------------

The Eldar Alliance (1500pts): 35 Infantry, 5 Vehicles, 1 Fort; 13 VPs
The Grisly Hand Kabal
-Archon Y'stral w/Shadow Field, Huskblade, Blaster, Soul Trap, CD
-Haemonculus Bella Le'Gosi w/Venom Blade, Liquifier Gun
-Warriorsx10 w/Splinter Cannon in Raider w/Splinter Rack
-Wychesx8, HGs, Hekatrix Allonia w/Venom Blade in Raider w/EA
-Reaversx6 w/Heatlancesx2, Arena Champion Starsparkle w/Venom Blade
-Ravager
-Ravager
-Voidraven Bomber
(Absolutely Not) The Scarlet Serpents
-Farseer Thielbane w/Doom, RofWarding, Jetbike
-Fire Dragonsx5 w/Exarch Gloriana, Crack Shot, Tank Hunters
-Guardian Jetbikesx3
Ageis Defense Line w/Quadgun

Tau Hammertide 1500pts: 42 Infantry, 2 MCs, 2 Vehicles; 11 VPs
Shas'O w/Missile Podsx2, PChip, IArmor, Target Lock, Onager Gauntlet, VRT
Crisis Suitsx3 w/Plasma Riflesx3, Fusion Blastersx2, Flamer, Target Locksx2
Riptide w/Ion Accelerator, TL-Fusion Blaster, EWO, Velocity Tracker
Riptide w/Ion Accelerator, TL-Fusion Blaster, EWO, Velocity Tracker
Krootx10
Krootx10
Krootx10
Pathfindersx6
Broadsidesx2 w/TL-HYMP, TL-SMS, Velocity Trackers
Hammerhead w/Railgun, Submunitions, SMS, DPod
Hammerhead w/Railgun, Submunitions, SMS, DPod
------------------------------------

----------------------
Chapter Six: Duty and Sacrifice
----------------------

Hekatrix Allonia sighed, staring at the slightly ornate door as she passed by for her morning practice.  It had been weeks since she had seen Farseer-Captain Thielbane.  Ever since he and the Archon had a meeting about their newest target for a raid, the Farseer had locked himself in his room and had refused to see anyone.  Even her.

Allonia winced at the thought.  Maybe she had overestimated their relationship.  It was more than just the dating, the shopping, and the more... intimate association.  For the first time, in Khaine knows how long, she had started really trusting someone.  In the Dark City, it was foolish to even consider such a thing, but there were rare occurrences when a sort of primal relationship existed between Eldar.  It was so powerful, that it actually kept your mind fixated on them and thoughts of betrayal were oddly difficult.  She shook her head.  It was silly really.  She had thought that maybe they were on the verge of such a thing, but it must have just been a dream.  Maybe Ray'keth and the others were right.  He must have just gotten bored of her, and was just waiting until things blew over.

After all, what could possibly be so important?

----------------------

Farseer Thielbane sat cross-legged in front of an ornate scrying circle.  He checked his runes again for the umpeenth time.  There was no doubt about it.  The runes again bespoke great tragedy.  Death.  Ruin.  Failure.  Every skein of the future was twisted with the harbinger of doom.  There was no doubt about it.  But, the other paths lead to worse consequences.  He had run countless possibilities, innumerable alterations to the future, but the results were the same.  They were doomed to fail and die in their attempt.  He wiped the sweat from his brow as he sat in thought, sifting through his slightly jumbled memories.  The Council of Biel-tan had contacted him and had entrusted him with a  nearly impossible mission that needed to be done.  He had tried to refuse the offer, saying that many others were better equipped, but the Council argued that timing was of the utmost importance.

A Cadre of the Tau Empire would, in the very near future, discover an enormous, ancient Eldar Webway Portal.  Using their technologies, they would attempt to access the portal, and in their naivete, they would rend a hole in space and time, damaging the portal and letting things that should not be have access to both the Materium and the Webway.  It was vital that he stop them by any means possible.  His first instinct was to just do a quick, pinpointed bombing run, and destroy the portal.  However, the Council did not want him to destroy the artifact, which was sculpted long before the Fall and impossible to recreate.  Instead, the Council had decided that someone, somehow, needed to "simply" eradicate the Tau presence .  He shook his head.  If only things were so straightforward.

It was not a mere scouting expedition, but a massive colony that was flourishing on the once maiden world.  The Tau had taken the planet as spoils of a bloody war, and they would not so easily let it go.  The options were few, and the only reasonable one was using a surprise attack to cripple their military and force an evacuation.  He just didn't know if they could manage such a miracle.  Archon Y'stral and his Kabal were easy to convince, as Y'stral had all the self-control of a liquored-up Clawed Fiend.  Though eager for destruction, the Dark Eldar would almost undoubtedly be slaughtered.

The Tau easily outnumbered them and had more firepower both on the ground and in space.  Still, if they could force some kind of withdrawal, then the gate could be spared.  All it would take would be the sacrifice of the entire force, certainly a small price to pay for the safety of the universe.  It should be a simple act for a Farseer.  After all, it was just sacrificing a catspaw, nothing more, nothing less.

Reflexively, he looked at the simple, serrated dagger on his belt that Allonia had given him on their last date.  An odd gift on the Craftworld, but it meant a great deal amongst the Dark Eldar.  The blade was poisoned with a rather toxic mixture, and easily concealable.  At first, Thielbane wasn't sure what it meant, but it made sense once he put the pieces together. 

Giving someone a deadly, concealable weapon meant that they trusted you not to stab them in the back with it.  The Dark Ones didn't have a concept of trust or compassion that would make sense to other cultures, but this was perhaps, the closest thing to a love letter.  He shook his head.  He knew he shouldn't be involved with her.  She was a Dark Eldar, one of the fallen.  Merely glancing at her soul, he could see the pit of insatiable hunger that could only be filled with the suffering of others. 

The fact that such an otherwise horrifying detail had come to mean so little to him spoke volumes of their relationship.  His emotions shook at the very idea of her harm, but his rational side forced him to realize that the stakes were far higher than the fates of just two Eldar.

Still, he could be selfish.  He could twist the fates so that they both would live, no matter how such a change would jeopardize the overall plan.  But, he thought again, did he have the right to choose?  Were the fates of the many so little compared to the needs of the few?  Certainly the Council knew what should be done, what HAD to be done.  Then, he asked himself, why did it feel so wrong?

------------------------------------
Pre-Game Thoughts: By Khaine's blood, that's a LOT of dakka.  Hammerheads and Riptides with Missiles-a-plenty from the Broadsides.

The Crisis Suits and Shas'O are also really scary.  Perhaps my only saving grace is that he doesn't have THAT much in the way of markerlights.

I'm also a good deal faster, but I'm not sure how much that will help, as I'll probably be shot to pieces in short order.
I have to be very careful or this will be a very, very short game.

Still, perhaps I'll get a bit lucky and we'll have a mission where he won't just be able to gunline me to death.

-------------------------------------

Mission: Emperor's Will (2 objectives... I... I... GAH!...)
Setup: Dawn of War (Night Fight: ON, but I don't think either of us really cares that much)
Terrain: Ruins
Warlord:
Y'stral: Can re-roll reserves
Shas'O: Commander and Squad get skyfire for a turn (as if they really needed that...)
Psyker:
Thielbane: Doom
Tau: You mean like bending spoons or something?

----------------------------------
To be continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Cammerz

A great start to the report here BT, I like how the bit in the fluff section fits well with this (although does that mean the work in the fluff section is at its conclusion or are we simply looking ahead to something after its climax?)

So one last outing for the 4th ed Eldar codex, the Tau force looks hard as nails with the double Cataclysms and the double Railheads, but the lack of markerlights should help you maintain cover. Tau can't function that well if there are a large number of horrible targets and they need to deal with them all at the same time.

With one objective apiece, it shouldn't be too hard to keep your own, but claiming the Tau one might be difficult. I might try to ignore it and focus on protecting your home objective and gathering secondaries, First Blood, Slay the Warlord and Linebreaker, whilst denying those to the Tau.

Good luck (he says despite knowing that the battle occured long ago). I look forward to reading it.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on June 06, 2013, 12:20:34 PM
A great start to the report here BT, I like how the bit in the fluff section fits well with this (although does that mean the work in the fluff section is at its conclusion or are we simply looking ahead to something after its climax?)

So one last outing for the 4th ed Eldar codex, the Tau force looks hard as nails with the double Cataclysms and the double Railheads, but the lack of markerlights should help you maintain cover. Tau can't function that well if there are a large number of horrible targets and they need to deal with them all at the same time.

With one objective apiece, it shouldn't be too hard to keep your own, but claiming the Tau one might be difficult. I might try to ignore it and focus on protecting your home objective and gathering secondaries, First Blood, Slay the Warlord and Linebreaker, whilst denying those to the Tau.

Good luck (he says despite knowing that the battle occured long ago). I look forward to reading it.

Hi Cammerz!

Thanks for the kind words.

This one is taking a long time to come out, as honestly... it's painful in a way.

I try not to think about how much things can potentially change but I think the narrative is finally coming together.

Just have to see what I can do, I suppose :)

The Tau were hard.  Very hard.  I don't want to give away too much, but there was a serious moment of "floundering and trying to live" that popped up in this game.

But now that there's new Eldar, perhaps some shaking up is a good idea.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

BigToof

Hi All,
It's a bit short, a bit brutal and not with a lot of polish...

But it's done!

Hope you all enjoy, and please leave a comment if you can.

Would love to hear suggestions for improvement and also if it was a bad matchup or what not.

Best,
-BT

-----------------------

Setup: Well, good news and bad news with the setup.  Since I have the only ADL, it forces me to deploy in the center.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that my opponent places a large ruin directly opposite it within range of raining missile doom down on my mates behind the line.  There's some scattered terrain, but with trees in the center.  I place my objective behind my ADL, and he places his in his large ruin.
I win the roll to go first and take it, deploying as I usually do, with the Warrior Raider and Ravagers behind the line and the Fire Dragons on the Quadgun.  Archon/Wych Raider to the right with the Reavers and attached Farseer right next to them.  Void Raven and Jetbikes are in reserve.
The Tau also setup fairly quickly, with the Broadsides attaching the Shas'O in the center, Kroot meatlines in front, and the Hammerheads and Riptides to the sides.  Pathfinders are also in the center.  Crisis Suits in reserve with a unit of Kroot to outflank.  Wow, that's a lot of nasty in a very concentrated space.  The ruins don't have much in the way of blocking LoS, which is good as that means I can shoot from any angle.  The bad news is that it's going to be painful to try and pick apart.

The Tau fail to seize and the game starts!

-----------------------------------

Shas'O Ar'cha frowned, looking at the newest set of scans.  It had been a bloody war with the Imperium.  The Fire Caste had underestimated the determination of the Gue'la and even in the face of extermination, they had fought to the last.  Ar'cha tried not to think of the waste of lives thrown against the Imperium, and was at least thankful that finally things had gotten quiet.  The Air Caste had said that new colonists were on their way, and thanks to the sacrifices of many, the newest Sept world was unfurling.  Against his better judgement, Ar'cha opened the list of the honoured dead.  Pages scrolled by, as the names of friends and family slowly filled the screens.  So many forever gone.  Of all the original Commanders, he was the only one left.  The new influx of warriors were not aware of the first days, when the Tau were struggling just to land, and then the long middle war where the primitive weapons of the Imperium struck the front lines with fierce barrages.  Ar'cha vowed on that day that he would hold this world to his last breath.

"Commander!"

Ar'cha turned to see one of the new Fire Warriors standing in the hallway.  He hadn't even learned the Shas'la's name.  Perhaps that would be for the best.

"What is it, Shas'la?"

"Incursion, sir!  Sensors have picked them up.  They somehow made it through the perimeter.  I don't..."

"Who, Shas'la?  Who is here?"

"Eldar, sir."

Ar'cha stifled a low growl.  Pirates.  Nothing more than scavengers looking to pry meat from a dying corpse.  But, they would find the might of the Tau much more than they had hoped for.

Turn 1: Dark Eldar/Eldar
----------------------
"Khaine above, Thiel, it's just not worth it with these little guys."

Archon Y'stral of the Grisly Hand was pulling his Huskblade free from one of the fleeing Tau.  He was getting bored, which really couldn't do.

"C'mon, Thiel, you said that it would get better than this.  Thiel?  THIEL!"

Farseer Thielbane turned, looking up at Y'stral with a faraway look.

"Not to worry, Y'stral.  They are coming.  There... will be death."

Y'stral sighed.  Thiel was in a mood since the beginning.  Maybe he needed a new girl or something.  One of the Tau might do, if he could figure out which ones were which.
-----------------------

Right, one turn to try and get something done.
I push the Archon's Raider up to the right along with the Reavers.
The other vehicles float around a bit, getting range/LoS to pretty much everything.
Shooting is pretty good as my mass Lances explodes the Hammerhead (whew!) for First Blood, and the Fire Dragons use the Quadgun to rip the Pathfinders down to two members, who fall back.

Picture Caption: So... First Blood to the Eldar!  (yay?)

Turn 1: Tau
-------------------
Shas'O Ar'cha watched the Eldar fly forwards, moving into their killzone.  Either they were arrogant and foolhardy or merely ignorant of the power of the Tau.  Either way, they would soon learn their mistakes and pay in blood.
------------------

There's very little movement on the Tau side, save moving the Kroot on the right to act as a better meatshield.
The Shas'O decides to join up with the Pathfinders in order to give them a bit better protection.
Shooting is painful, as I lose one Ravager, and the Warrior Raider is immobilized.
Thankfully, the Archon's Raider is kind of ignored, as only a Hull Point is pinged off from the Kroot.

Picture Caption: Wait... that wasn't so bad?

Turn 2: Dark Eldar/Eldar
-------------------
"Minions!  Charge!"

Hekatrix Allonia swallowed a bit as the Archon dove headfirst into the swarm of Tau in front of them.  Massive fire rolled by their shoulders, but the Tau seemed to be woefully inaccurate with a knife in their face.  One of the Kroot managed to raise its weapon before she cartwheeled to the side, gutting the creature as she went.  Then, she noticed that the sky seemed to darken, and every instinct went into overdrive.  Diving forward, she rolled to her feet inches away from a massive boot that slammed into the ground behind her.

Looking up, she saw an enormous battlesuit, easily three times as tall as a Grotesque.  She swallowed again.  Glancing over at the Archon, she saw him dueling the Tau Commander with neither of them getting the upper hand.  Clearly they were not disengaging any time soon.  Turning to one side, she waited until the huge suit wound up, and then started to tilt forwards.

"Hamstring!"

The battlesuit didn't have time to react as the swarm of Wyches flew at the Tau's legs, slicing with savage effeciency, severing wires and stabbing wildly into armor.  The suit tried to right itself, but only managed to stagger to the side.  Allonia watched for it to fall, readying her venom blade for the killing blow, but it surprised her by boosting away.  She turned to follow when she heard the Archon yell.  She glanced over and saw with some disappointment that other, smaller suits were still staying in the fight.  It would be smaller prizes, but perhaps still worth it.

-----------------------

Now it's time to assault!
The Archon and Wyches get out of the Raider right up in the Kroot's faces.
The Reavers then fly over the Kroot (who are Doomed), and knock out almost half of them (from almost a dozen and a half wounds!).
Shooting sees the Fire Dragons, Ravager and the Raider avenge their lost brethren by taking out the other Hammerhead with help from the Raider.  Amusingly enough, the Explosion also catches both of the Pathinders who are blown to bits, leaving the Shas'O by himself.
Assault is just brutal as the Archon and Wyches get a MASSIVE assault roll.  Supporting fire pops up but without the Pathfinders to add markerlight support, only a single Wych falls.  I manage to get the Riptide, the Kroot, the Broadsides, and the Shas'O in combat!
The Kroot are wiped before they can swing back, as I allocated most of the shots to them.  The Riptide can't seem to hit the Wyches, and the Archon sadly enough can't hurt the Shas'O in a duel.
The Riptide fails it's morale and falls off the table.  The Shas'O and the Braodsides make their morale check and thus stay around.  The Shas'O hits and runs out of that mess.  (Aww...)

Turn 2: Tau
------------
Exarch Gloriana nodded with satisfaction, watching more of the Tau fall.  The Dark Ones were also doing their pointless assault, using metal blades in a battlefield dominated by firepower.  They were just getting in their way.  She had told the Farseer that things should be different, but he had looked at her with a strange detached look.  Almost as if he...

"Exarch!  Incoming!"

Gloriana had a few moments to look up before the shots hit the vehicles next to her.  Shrapnel flew through the air and a large piece slammed against her chest, knocking the wind from her lungs.  As her eyes started to close, she saw Tau suits closing in on them.

Trap.  It was a trap.  And they had walked right into it.
----------------

The Tau answer back again hard by dropping their Crisis Suits behind my lines!

The last Riptide and the Shas'O go for my side of the board with the Kroot behind them to screen.
The Crisis Suits have amazing shooting, and destroy the last of the Ravagers, the Raider and also take out Gloriana and enough of the Fire Dragons to make a morale check.  The mostly-exploded Warriors run off the table with the Fire Dragons.

That... hurt.

At least the Archon and Wyches tear apart the Broadsides and are hungry for the next assault.

Turn 3: Eldar Alliance
------------------------
Farseer Thielbane watched Gloriana fall.  It was just as the visions had said.  In a way, it was almost anticlimactic.  They had to fight.  But, the future was already set.  There was no point in fighting fate.

They would fight.  They would lose.  And they would die.

---------------------

The Reavers go over the meatshield Kroot and destroy enough of them to let the Archon and Wyches assault.

I... don't have much else going on.

The Assault goes off nicely, with the Wyches cleaning up the Kroot and the Archon trying (and sadly failing) to stab the Riptide to death.  The Riptide tries to strike back, but can't do much.

Turn 3: Tau
---------------
"Captain!!"

Thielbane jerked his head up out of his reverie as he saw the Tau Commander land next to him.  The Reavers skirted out of the way, narrowly avoiding each other.

"I am Shas'O Ar'cha.  You scum have chosen the wrong world.  Do any of you have the courage to fight me?"

All of the Reavers looked at Thielbane, who simply stood silent.  It would be disappointing for the young ones, but this was not his battle.  They would lose, it was true, but at least they would be last to die this way.
----------------

The Tau decide to get rather bold and move the Shas'O near the Reavers.  They hop over and put THEIR Crisis Suits on MY Quadgun (oh, that's not good).
The Kroot also come in on my left and start hustling for the objective.
Shooting has Quadgun fail to take out the Raider, and the Shas'O makes his assault!
He challenges, but I decline and it's a bit of a wiff-fest as neither side does much damage.
The Archon again fails to destroy the Riptide.

Turn 4: Eldar Alliance
-------------------
The Void Raven comes in and flies over the Crisis Suits on the Quadgun.
I drop the mine on them, but it scatters off
The Raven is then all but shot to pieces by the Quadgun, but I make enough jink saves to keep it together.
Bella and the Raider zoom over to try and deal with the Kroot.
Y'stral finally takes care of the Riptide, and the Shas'O smashes one Bike, but takes a wound this turn.

Turn 4: Tau
-------------------
"Yeah!  Yeah!  Run, you little blue cowards!"

Archon Y'stral laughed, whipping his Huskblade above his head.

Hekatrix Allonia ducked as more shots flew through the air.  The bolts of energy looked like they were getting closer and closer.

"Archon?  Perhaps we should..."

"Perhaps you lot should be shutting up!  We are kicking arse and taking names here!  Look at those pathetic fools and their little toys.  We are the Dark Eldar!  We are invincible!  There's no way they could possib..."

Allonia winced as a plasma shot slammed into the Archon's head and evaporated his upper torso in an explosion of light and heat.  As the Archon's body fell, the entire squad screamed and ran in every direction.  Of course, Allonia thought, right on schedule.

----------------------------

The Tau jump forwards with the Crisis Suits and shoot into the incoming Wyches.
I have the WORST rolls for Look Out Sir, and the Archon takes a Plasma shot to the face!
He goes down, and the Wyches lose morale... running TOWARDS the Crisis Suits!
Thankfully, they don't run that far and the Suits hop back behind MY ADL.
The Kroot basically ignore the Raider, deciding to run instead of firing shots, although they have to get pretty close together to slide by...

Turn 5: Eldar Alliance
------------------
X'Bella Le'Gosi watched with some detachment as the Kroot ran by her Raider.  Curious indeed.  Normally, she would expect them to attack what was in front of them, but perhaps more important issues were at hand.

"Lady Haemonculus, we should flee the field!  The Archon has fallen!"

Bella looked over at the pilot.  Sweat was visible on his head, indicating that either there was increase stress or an increase in the local temperature.  Perhaps there was solar flare activity that...

"Please, Lady Haemonculus!  If we leave now, we can..."

Bella walked over to the stream of Kroot.  Normally she would wait for orders.  Normally she would consider other options.  But, something needed to be done if the remains of the Archon needed to be collected. 

She looked at her new algorithm generator.  It was supposed to emulate the divination aspects of the Farseer, based on previous extrapelations, but it was untested.  Putting in all of the data, she waited until the results were tabulated.  If they stayed, they would be destroyed.  If they left, they would not be caught.  But, the Archon would never be regenerated.

Suddenly, Bella found herself readying her Liquifier Gun, letting loose a gout of silvery liquid, coating the Kroot.  Muscle and skin dissolved as expected, and they fell back. 

Curious, she thought, why did she choose to intervene?  Perhaps there was some need to reevaluate the formulae...

-----------------------

Void Raven goes off the board.
The Wyches rally and manage to at least crawl back to the Tau's deployment zone.  I'll need another turn to try and grab the objective though...
Bella moves her Raider over and melts a whole load of Kroot, who fail morale and fall back.
The Reaver-Shas'O fight gets a bit bloodier as I do a few wounds to the Shas'O and he crushes some more bikes.  Neither side is falling back though.

Turn 5: Tau
----------------
The Kroot rally, but are now really far from any of the objectives.
The Tau decide to use the Quadgun and pick off two Wyches.
I lose a few more bikes, but the Farseer holds (mostly thanks to Star!) and thus the game ENDS.

Result: TIE GAME!
-------------------

Post-Game Thoughts: Man, I thought I had it there in the first few rounds, especially with that AMAZING assault roll, but the Shas'O got out and caused so much havoc.  I'll have to be careful of him next time.
The Crisis Suits also had a field day and pretty much destroyed my entire backfield.
I think... changes are in order.  The Fire Dragons were pretty good, but now they won't have their special traits anymore, and well...  I don't like how the Quadgun can be used against you.  The Reavers also might need some changing up, as they were really good, but also can be caught pretty easily.  I don't like the whole not being able to keep mobile, so I may have to make changes as well.  The new Eldar Codex has some pretty sweet treats, so no telling how the new lists will shape up.
The Tau are SO dangerous, that unless you have a bit of luck I think pretty much any army is going to have a hard time.

--------------------

Thielbane frowned, watching the Kroot flee.  That wasn't supposed to have happened.  They were supposed to sweep in and tear the Raider to shreds.  No, something had changed, which meant that it was possible that something, anything could be salvaged.  He looked around the battlefield.  Y'stral and Gloriana had fallen.  Allonia was alive, but hiding.  And the Tau were in just as rough shape as they were.  Perhaps...  Perhaps...

"You do not understand what you will unleash if you stay here."

The Tau Commander, riddled with damage, looked up at Thielbane.

"I will not abandon this world.  You will not conquer us."

Thielbane nodded, "So it seems.  Sky Ponies.  Stand down."

The Reavers moved away from the Tau leader, who looked warily around.

Thielbane nodded towards the wounded Tau.

"They aren't dead yet, but they will be if we continue to fight.  I cannot abandon my mission either.  You will not trust me, but I implore you, abandon this world, for it has dangers that you do not realize."

Shas'O Ar'cha kept his weapons aimed at the Farseer.

"You will not trick me with your games, Eldar.  I..."

Ar'cha paused in mid-thought.  The Eldar were all but torn to shreds.  They could not hold this battlefield any more than he could.  To fight in this pointless duel would only give him personal glory, but the loss of so many lives would not benefit the Tau'va.

"Very well, Eldar.  I will let you gather your wounded and dead.  But, mark my words well.  If you return, I will not be so merciful."

Thielbane nodded.  The Tau would not listen, but they were delayed.  That gave him time to plan.  The future could be changed.  The universe could yet be saved.  All he needed was time...

-----------------------
BigToof Points:

Tom

Nice report BT, I enjoyed it very much despite its brutality. Perhaps if the webway portal is important enough we'll see some more eldar arrive to help? I've recently had a few games against Rej's dark eldar with the new eldar codex and he's been having trouble finding a way to adapt to my new tricks. Fire Dragons are more expensive than they were and if you want to replace them and the quad gun with something more mobile then perhaps war walkers with scatter lasers and flakk missiles are the way to go? Also expensive but potentially twin-linked anti-air and with battle-focus and outflank for manoeuvrability. Dark Reapers in a wave serpent might be another option because they ignore jink saves with their new reaper rangefinders (also wave serpents are now super tough).

Cammerz

This looked like a fun one to play, the closest battles are usually the most enjoyable from my experience.

It seems like the Tau shooting was particularly ineffective as you flew in early on so I'm amazed he was able to pull it back to a tie, those crisis suits deep-striking behind you were probably his most valuable players for this one.

But that was brutal, it'd be interesting to know how many points you each had left on the table at the end, something tells me not many.

I hope we'll be seeing some new reports fairly soon;

Job's a good un!

BigToof

Sorry it's taken me forever all, but I'm back... kind of.

Quote from: Tom on July 07, 2013, 12:26:00 AM
Nice report BT, I enjoyed it very much despite its brutality. Perhaps if the webway portal is important enough we'll see some more eldar arrive to help? I've recently had a few games against Rej's dark eldar with the new eldar codex and he's been having trouble finding a way to adapt to my new tricks. Fire Dragons are more expensive than they were and if you want to replace them and the quad gun with something more mobile then perhaps war walkers with scatter lasers and flakk missiles are the way to go? Also expensive but potentially twin-linked anti-air and with battle-focus and outflank for manoeuvrability. Dark Reapers in a wave serpent might be another option because they ignore jink saves with their new reaper rangefinders (also wave serpents are now super tough).

Dark Reapers are VERY effective, and I have tried them out.
Not sure if they're what I need as the Dark Eldar seem to be more mobile than the others.  I will try them out with them though!

Quote from: Cammerz on July 07, 2013, 08:18:39 AM
This looked like a fun one to play, the closest battles are usually the most enjoyable from my experience.

It seems like the Tau shooting was particularly ineffective as you flew in early on so I'm amazed he was able to pull it back to a tie, those crisis suits deep-striking behind you were probably his most valuable players for this one.

But that was brutal, it'd be interesting to know how many points you each had left on the table at the end, something tells me not many.

I hope we'll be seeing some new reports fairly soon;

Job's a good un!

Hi Cammerz!

Sorry to disappoint, but I was away for a while.
The Tau did take a drubbing but this was a brutal match I think for the Dark Eldar.
I'm not sure if I can bring the Archon back in the current environment, but I am liking the new Eldar...
Just have to find a way to fit them all in.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points: