News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Return of Tzeentch Screamers

Started by Arguleon-veq, June 13, 2013, 08:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

Im starting to see Screamers making a comeback to help deal with brutal gunlines like Tau.

Taking a character with the Grimoire and Kairos to let you re roll it. This will give your Screamers a 3+ Invun and you re roll 1's so you essentially have a 2+ Invun save, couple that with 2 wounds each and being jetbikes should mean you get 2 rounds shooting at them max.

Couple that with 2 units of 20 hounds and almost any army will really struggle to stop it hitting their lines in force.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Chicop76

Quote from: Arguleon-veq on June 13, 2013, 08:59:21 PM
Im starting to see Screamers making a comeback to help deal with brutal gunlines like Tau.

Taking a character with the Grimoire and Kairos to let you re roll it. This will give your Screamers a 3+ Invun and you re roll 1's so you essentially have a 2+ Invun save, couple that with 2 wounds each and being jetbikes should mean you get 2 rounds shooting at them max.

Couple that with 2 units of 20 hounds and almost any army will really struggle to stop it hitting their lines in force.

I still rather more hounds. They do however make nice fly bys and can get a +4 cover save rather easily.

I usually deep strike them in and rake units with them.

I use the weaver, but to fit the screamers I have to drop a prince or loc with an exaulted slot, ummm no.

Also I look at the cost an it reminds me no.

I was gonna use them instead of hounds, but I like my hounds with +3 or +2 due t diviation or warp storm table. They have endurance on them which works rather nice on the unit. When all said and done I am paying 10 points more for what a hound can do.

Aun

QuoteTaking a character with the Grimoire and Kairos to let you re roll it. This will give your Screamers a 3+ Invun and you re roll 1's so you essentially have a 2+ Invun save, couple that with 2 wounds each and being jetbikes should mean you get 2 rounds shooting at them max.
Do screamers really have a 4+ invln? I dont have my book with me ATM but I am about 80% sure they just have a 5+ invln and Kairos is the only thing with a 4+ invln. I wont be complaining if they do wind up having such a good save though >_>
+Edit+ I just checked my Daemons Codex and the FAQ and Screamers do indeed just have a 5+ invln save just like all the other daemons (save kairos) +Edit+

I love Screamers for 3 reasons; Cost Efficiency, Flexibility and Speed.
*Screamers are a two wound model with an invln save, decent states, great rules and you can get four of them for just 100 points. 
*Screamers are one of the few options in the game that can be used against virtually any target. Their fly-by attacks can mess with light infantry while their lamprey bite can demolish vehicles and even heavy infantry if they manage to get the charge (and being jetbikes that is easy to do). This means that no matter what list you are facing, screamers will always be a good option.
*What was once the providence of only Eldar (Emo or otherwise), being a Jetbike gives Screamers, and the armies they can ally with, some incredible speed that isnt really matched by anything else in the game. This means you can apply your swiss-army-scalpel exactly where you need it when you need it.

When I take Daemon allies with my Thousand Sons this is what I usually wind up taking;
LVL 1 Herald of Tzeentch with Exalted Locus
70 points
20 Horrors of Tzeentch
180 points
6 Screamers of Tzeentch
150 points

= 400 points

Everything in this little detachment can plug a hole in my list and all for a nice, low 400 points;
*The Herald functions as a divination battery providing me with re-rolls. These usually go with the Horror unit, but with them pumping out so much Str 6 shots a turn I feel this is justified.
*The horrors provide a cheap troop unit that can hold an objective and still provide ranged support. Since I play a Thousand Sons list, one of my favorite things to do is deploy an objective in the middle of a large open space and away from terrain. My chaos marines and the Horrors have invulnerable saves so cover is only an ally to my opponent, and by forcing them to approach out in the open towards the horrors, I can get a Rhino full of Rubric marines to pull up alongside and catch them in a crossfire.
*The screamers give my list much needed Close Combat punch and also anti-tank capacity that would be lacking otherwise. (I tend to load up on plasma) and can function as a stop-gap tar pit with their inland save and 2 wounds.

Chicop76

They can thanx to turbo boost get a +4 cover save and with invisibility they can get a + 2 cover save in the open.

I been thinking of running squads of 3 to take out armour.

Aun

QuoteThey can thanx to turbo boost get a +4 cover save and with invisibility they can get a + 2 cover save in the open.

Ooooh, I C...

Arguleon-veq

Thats not how they are essentially getting a 2+ invun though.

They get a 5+.

Grimoire makes it a 3+ (as it adds +2 to your invun save).

As they are Tzeentch they re roll 1's. So they have a 3+ Invun and re roll 1's which is pretty much a 2+ Invun save.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33