News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Tau/Eldar vs. NOISE MARINES in "Big Louie's Big Battle" (07/28, 1500)

Started by BigToof, July 28, 2013, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Toof, next up I want...

IG and Sisters!
0 (0%)
Space Wolves and Lady Jenna!
4 (57.1%)
Dark Eldar and Eldar
1 (14.3%)
MORE TAUDAR!
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

BigToof

Tau/Eldar vs. NOISE MARINES in "Big Louie's Big Battle" (07/28, 1500)
--------------------------------------

Hi All,
It's been a while, yes I know.
But I did manage to get in a few games.
After another DISASTROUS Space Wolf game, I did get in a few games that were quite interesting.
One of which was my slightly altered Tau/Eldar list which was fun.  Not necessarily incredibly competitive, but quite a few tricks.
I was looking for something similarly less harsh, but I ran into an... interesting list.
Massive purple/pink horde of Noise Mariens with... DOUBLE DRAGONS.

Man, this is going to be a challenge.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Comments greatly appreciated!  Apologies if things sound out of touch, it's been a while for me!

------------
The Lists
------------

Tau/Eldar Alliance 1500pts: 37 Infantry, 1 MC, 2 Vehicles; 11 VPs
Farseer Lorilune w/Jetbike, Singing Spear
Dire Avengersx5 in Wave Serpent w/Holofield, Scatter Laser
Jetbikesx3
Warp Spidersx9
Dark Reapersx5 w/Starshot, Exarch w/Fast Shot, EML in Wave Servent w/Holo, SLaser
Shas'O Sha'shiva w/MPodsx2, IArmor, PChip, MSS, CCH, TL, VRT
Shas'vre Kor'va (Riptide w/Ion Accelerator, TL-Fusion Blaster, EWO)
Krootx11 w/Kroot Hound
Broadsidesx2 w/HYMP, TL-SMS, Velocity Trackers

CSM: MAKE SOME NOISE (1500pts): 34 Infantry, 1 MC, 2 Vehicles; 11 VPs
Duumrider (Chaos Lord w/Bike, Power Sword, 4++ Icon, MoS, Brand)
Malefans (Daemon Prince w/DoS, Power Armor, Wings, Black Mace, Mastery Level 2)
Noise Marinesx6 w/Blastmaster
Chaos Bikersx6 w/Meltagunsx2, MoS, PAxe Champ
Helldrake w/Baleflamer
Helldrake w/Baleflamer
Obliterator
Obliterator
----------------------

------------------------------
Chapter Six: Second Chances

Shas'O Sha'shiva walked down the length of the strange Eldar ship.  The entire situation felt off, more than normal.  She had been rather enjoying the down-time at a relatively calm and quiet Tau outpost on the edge of the Fourth Sphere, waiting for new orders from High Command, when every alert had gone off, and a strange crimson Eldar ship had appeared in orbit.  Before orbital relays could even target the vessel, the alien ship hailed them, stating that they had been "invited" by Farseer Lorilune.

Sha'shiva ran her fingers through her hair at that memory.  The arrogant Eldar had somehow contacted her fellows and brought them in without approval of anyone.  Shiva had half hoped that the Ethereals would order the entire thing quarantined, but unfortunately, the Water Caste had gotten deployed and did their rather dreary work.  Even though she was a Shas'O, she wasn't even invited to the negotiations, and was barely told anything except her new orders.

She and a small sliver of her Cadre were deployed with the Eldar to go off somewhere and help recover some kind of ancient artifacts.  Shiva snorted.  It sounded boring, and perhaps that was the confusing part.

She had known Lorilune for some time, and the Eldar was normally obnoxiously intrusive.  The fact that Lorilune hadn't even popped her head in to oversee the Tau bothered Shiva to no end.  Something was going on.  Something that either the Eldar didn't trust her to know, or didn't think that she would be able to handle.

Shiva shuddered a bit at the last thought.  The Eldar were full of secrets, none of them good.  Still, Shiva had one last weapon in her arsenal, and was waiting for it to work it's magic.
"Lori, are you sure this is a good idea?"

Lorilune frowned, turning with a scowl to look at Sha'vre Kor'va.  The Farseer was not in a good mood, and Kor'va knew it.

"Are you questioning me, Bang?  Because if so, someone's going to be having a rather fine time on the couch tonight!"

Kor'va scratched his head.  Things were so much more complicated now that he was in a relationship.  Females he barely understood, and Eldar females were, if possible, even more confusing.  Lorilune was beautiful, regal, perfect, and incredibly terrifying all rolled into a volatile package.  Still, Bang was glad to be around her.  Sometimes it felt like a dream.  Often, like a nightmare.  But, at least it was never boring.

"I'm...  I'm not saying that, Lori.  I just...  Don't you think that we should tell Shiva about what's really going on?"

Lorilune rolled her eyes, "Oh, yes, Kor'va, that's a great idea.  Let's tell your dear, sweet Shas'O that we're entering into a hellish dimension to retrieve the Soulstones from a long-lost Craftworld and probably be set upon by the forces of Chaos.  I'm sure she'll appreciate that."

Kor'va winced slightly.  She was in a bad mood.  "It's just...  Shiva would like to know.  I mean...  The Tau work best when we can plan about what kind of..."

There was a flicker in Lorilune's eyes that made Kor'va jump back a bit.  He had stepped on the front spot far too hard, and now the mine had gone off.  The only he could do was try to roll with it.

"She can work with it?  She?  Why should she be in the position to question my command?  After all, I was the one who negotiated with the Seer Council that had ostracized me.  I was the one who spun the story to the Ethereals, and if I remember correctly, I am the one who will be thrown to the wayside and face a fate on par with She-Who-Thirsts if things go wrong!"

With each word, Lorilune pushed herself into Kor'va chest, knocking him back into the wall.  Kor'va closed his eyes as he waited for the storm to pass.  He heard her breathing slow, and then he looked up.

Lorilune was now several steps away, gasping for air and had her face in her hands.  It took him a few moments to realize she was crying.  Lori never cried.  At least, she didn't do it very often.  The Eldar just...

Steeling himself, Kor'va walked over and put his arms around her.  She let him, not resisting his presence, a sign that Kor'va had gotten used to as an odd kind of acceptance.

"I'm...  I'm sorry Bang.  You...  didn't deserve that.  I'm...  I'm just not used to this.  I haven't been in charge since Grum...  since the Orks.  And things didn't end well then."

"So... you're scared?"

"..."

Kor'va waited for a few more moments and realized that he wasn't going to get more than that.  But it was enough.  He only hoped that things wouldn't be as bad as she thought they were going to be.

------------------------

Power.

Such a simple word for such a complex thing.

The Daemon Prince that was once Sorcerer Malefans looked at his taloned hand as a swirl of Chaos itself bulged in a small ball, kept in check by his will alone.  The second raid on the Bell guarded by the Sisters of Battle had gone more or less smoothly, and even though it had cost the lives of most of his force, the rewards were beyond even his expectations.

The Dark Prince had rewarded him with Daemonhood, and now he was immortal.

But, even this reward came with a price.  For all Daemons are by themselves jealous creatures, and Malefans realized that he was suddenly at the bottom of a new social order.  One that recognized only strength and action.  He could not rest on his laurels for long.

Thus, a number of somewhat... questionable decisions had to be made.  The Dark Prince loved the souls of the Eldar, and harvesting a long forgotten cache of their Soulstones would put him quite in the good graces.  But, he could not do it alone.  Hence the questionable aspect.

A screech of tires and a foul odor drew Malefans' attention to his current complication.

"Mal!  MAL!  Did you see the triple wheelie into the Culists!  I think I splattered all of 'em that time!"

Malefans tried not to physically wince as he looked at the newly resurrected Slaaneshi Lord, Duumrider.  The flaming-headed, psychotic, infantile warrior stood astride his Daemonically enchanted Bike, cackling madly to no-one in particular.  Completely unreliable, but powerful and if anything, a known quantity.  Best to deal with what you knew.

"Yes, Lord Duumrider.  A... interesting display."

"Man, Mal, you are still a stick in the mud, you know that?"

The Chaos Lord took a long drag off of some kind of glittering powder that covered almost every inch of his bike.  He shook a bit and then howled as jets of steam shot out of his ears and a corona of flame erupted from his skull.

"Now, THAT'S some good stuff!  Mal, you are so losing out here!  I mean, come on, when does the party really get started?"

"Oh, soon, Lord Duumrider soon.  All things come to those who wait..."

----------------------
Pre-Game Thoughts: OK... this is going to be interesting.  I've never seen so many Noise Marines, and they all have Blastmasters.
Oh, and that means EVERYTHING Pins.

And there's twin Helldrakes and a Chaos Biker squad with Lord and a souped up Daemon Prince to make things even MORE interesting.

This could be bad.

And on my side I have... a lot of untested material.  Dark Reapers because I figured why not, two Wave Serpents and umm... a lot of hope.  The usual solid Tau, but without their ADL, as I've been finding it very cumbersome lately (both in setup and in loss of mobility). 

So... here's hoping!
-----------------------
Mission: Purge the Alien (VPs!)
Setup: Hammer and Anvil

Warlord:
Lorilune: Deepstriking Eldar don't scatter within 6" (umm... ok...)
Duumrider: HATRED

Psyker:
Lorilune: Fortune (yay!), Guide, Prescience
Malefans: Slaanesh Primaris (ok...), Iron Arm (ouch)
-----------------------
Setup: Well, things could have been worse.  Terrain is again mostly rocks and ruins, with a large ruin in the center of one deployment zone and the other to the far side.  Rocks and smaller ruiny bits went scattered around with a larger ruin in the opposite zone a bit further in the back.  The center didn't have much though.

The CSM win the roll to go first and take it.

They deploy all of their Noise Marines in the center ruin, making it undoubtedly the most rockin' ruin to ever exist in the 40k universe.  The Prince and Lord with attached bikes went to the front in the center, ready to cause trouble.  The Oblits and Helldrakes went in reserve.

I counter-deploy in one corner, with the Shas'O attached to the Broadsides, and both Wave Serpents to the flanks.  The Riptide with Lorilune went off to one side.  Kroot were outflanking.  Warp Spiders to deep strike, Jetbikes to come on (hopefully as late as possible).

I attempt (and again fail) to seize initiative and the game begins!
-----------------------

Picture Caption: Hiding in the Corner is Perfectly Valid Strategy!

To Be Continued!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Mabbz

Yay! Your back! And so are everyone's favourite Taudar couple!

Chicop76

I noticed only one unit in that entire army does not ignore cover. Looking at the chaos player list I wonder why he doesn't take an icon on his bikes so he can pin point deep strike with his oblits. Also not having any rhinos limits that army as well.

That being said he can out ignore cover better than Tau can.

Also the helldrakes can flame your units like that. You shouldn't bunch up in the corner. You can not escape a helldrake flame template. At least you can escape the vector strikes.

Cammerz

Yay BT's back!

And with a very good start, Lorilune has always been a favourite of mine <reminisces of that one time where she pretended to befriend Vasily so as to discover the IG base so Waaagh! Grumgutz could attack>

And there's Deadpool (sorry, Duumrider) once more, that was a fun character, I'm glad he's seen a return. Noise Marines do look fun, I can't wait to see how well they do. And a Black Mace-wielding Daemon prince with Iron Arm. have fun with that.

Anyway, great to see you back BT, will it be for good now?
Looking forward to the rest of the report. And as for your poll, I don't really care how badly the battle went, I'd like to see more Lady Jenna.

BigToof

Thank you all for the very kind comments!

Quote from: Mabbz on July 28, 2013, 10:08:05 PM
Yay! Your back! And so are everyone's favourite Taudar couple!

Thanks for the comment, Mabbz.
I'm kind of back, as I'm not AS active as I once was, but still, it's better than before.
Glad to hear that Lorilune and Bang still  have fans !

Quote from: Chicop76 on July 29, 2013, 02:50:19 AM
I noticed only one unit in that entire army does not ignore cover. Looking at the chaos player list I wonder why he doesn't take an icon on his bikes so he can pin point deep strike with his oblits. Also not having any rhinos limits that army as well.

That being said he can out ignore cover better than Tau can.

Also the helldrakes can flame your units like that. You shouldn't bunch up in the corner. You can not escape a helldrake flame template. At least you can escape the vector strikes.

Hi Chicop,
Yes, the whole hiding in the corner business was rather risky.  I had to count on basically flipping my mates in and out of their transports and it worked fairly well.
I think actually counter-deploying the way I did really helped.
Let me know what you think of what happened!

Quote from: Cammerz on July 29, 2013, 12:55:24 PM
Yay BT's back!

And with a very good start, Lorilune has always been a favourite of mine <reminisces of that one time where she pretended to befriend Vasily so as to discover the IG base so Waaagh! Grumgutz could attack>

And there's Deadpool (sorry, Duumrider) once more, that was a fun character, I'm glad he's seen a return. Noise Marines do look fun, I can't wait to see how well they do. And a Black Mace-wielding Daemon prince with Iron Arm. have fun with that.

Anyway, great to see you back BT, will it be for good now?
Looking forward to the rest of the report. And as for your poll, I don't really care how badly the battle went, I'd like to see more Lady Jenna.

Hi Cammerz!

Yes, it's good to be more active, but not as much as before.
Still, I'll take it over nothing.
I see that a few others agree with the Lady Jenna path, so unless things REALLY change in the near future, I'll go that direction.
Heh, I do remember that bit with Lorilune.
She really has come a long way, hasn't she?

_-----------------------
And now here's the rest of the rep!

"Wow, so...  That entire mountain is made of narcotics?"

Farseer Lorilune looked up at the enormous form of Shas'vre Kor'va, now safely entrenched in his massive Riptide battlesuit.  Although now physically gigantic, he was still a child.  Although, in a way, it was what she found attractive in him.

"Yes, Bang."

"Wow.  So... how does that evolve?  I mean... is it a lot of local chemicals coming together in a random fashion?"

"I'd imagine that the local Daemon Lord wills it into existence."

Bang looked down at Lorilune.  She was clearly nervous since the group had landed on the rather odd world.  The ground was a strange purple and pink colour and the trees were very weird.  And the sky was sort of glowing with things floating around.  The Kroot were acting all weird, but none of the Tau seemed bothered by it.  He had been asking Lorilune questions all this time, and at least she was talking.  Which was good, as she was about as worried as he had ever seen her.

"Seriously?"

"Yes.  Reality is quite malleable here.  Thought and matter become interchangeable.  Hope, Anger, Lust, and Fear become weapons of unimaginable magnitude."

"Oh.  ... Like a MMO?"

Lorilune frowned at him, "Yes.  Except these dangers can kill you quite dead.  Now let us keep a low profile before it..."

"Shas'O!  Farseer!  Contacts!"

Lorilune swiveled around in her Jetbike as she heard Sha'shiva swear.  The cacophany spilled over from the next ridge.  She didn't need to hear any more.  The servents of She-Who-Thirsts were coming.  They had best be prepared.

Turn 1: CSM
------------
Daemon Prince Malefans narrowed his eyes in the glow of the flaming suns overhead.

Eldar. 

How delightfully appropriate.  A small force, perhaps on the same mission as his own.

Still, there was something else.  He peered a bit more carefully and unfamiliar blocky forms soon came into view.

Tau.

An unexpected quandary indeed.  Why were they here?  The Xenos had never had interest in the Warp before.
Clearly some unseen hand was guiding their path, but to what end?
Caution was indeed the appropriate response to...

"CHHHAAAAARRRGGGGEEE!"

Malefans barely had time to move out of the way as Chaos Lord Duumbringer and his bikers screamed fowards, the Lord waving around his Power Sword maniacally.  The Noise Marines that had taken up careful positions behind him decided to follow his lead, bounding down and running onwards haphazardly.

The Prince thought about trying to restrain the flood of his minions, but it was clear that the tide of battle had begun.  He only hoped that the momentum would be enough to carry them.
-----------------
Well... yeah, the CSM start with getting off Iron Arm on the Prince and then EVERYONE moves forwards.  The Noise Marines are out of range by quite a bit, so they start their rather quick jog towards the Taudar.  The Bikers and Prince all move up quite a bit faster than I would have liked.

Picture Caption: Subtlety, like hygine, is rare amongst the Chaos Space Marines.

Turn 1: Taudar
-----------
Farseer Lorilune swallowed.  A Daemon Prince, a Chaos Lord and a swarm of Chaos Astartes.  Exactly the combination she had feared. 

Perhaps withdrawal would be appropriate.  Even the swiftest Chaos Bike couldn't keep up with her Windriders, but that would mean leaving the Tau.  Part of her strained at the thought.  The strictly-bred Eldar part of her knew that the Tau were but blinks in the eyes of the universe, and their loss would mean nothing in the face of the unholy torment that one Eldar would face if they were left to the fatal caress of the minions of She-Who-Thirsts.  Then again, she thought, looking up at Kor'va, things have a way of complicating matters.

"Dark Reapers!  I have need of you.  Let us see how the dogs of Chaos fare against the dread fury of Khaine."
--------------
Ok...  Let's see...
I have the Chaos Lord on bike with his Bikers that will undoubtadly destroy my entire front line if he makes it there intact.  The Prince would probably do about the same.  The Noise Marines also would blow up any attempts by my squishy troops to do anything.  Oh, and the Helldrakes and Oblits are coming in next turn...

Wonderful.

Still, it's better to go out big.

I pop Prescience on Bang and Lorilune and also put Guide on the furthest Wave Serpent.
The Dark Reapers dismount and link up with the Shas'O.  Time to see if this combo works.

Bang lights up his Ion Accelerator, and hits the bikers, causing one to bite the dust.  Then, the Dark Reapers fire, using the massive buffs from the Shas'O to wipe out the entire squad, including the Chaos Lord!  The Broadsides and Wave Serpents open up with their guns and almost knock the Daemon Prince out of the sky, but instead only manage to shave off two wounds.

Hmm... things could be getting problematic.

Picture Caption: Uh... yeah, Reapers, you just made your points back.

VPs:
Taudar: 4 (!)
CSM: 0

Turn 2: CSM
-------------
Malefans frowned as he watched the battle from afar.  Quite predictably, Duumrider had failed his maddened charge and now the entire front was in disarray.  He looked down at his not-so-ignorable wounds and realized that perhaps, just perhaps, he had underestimated these interlopers.

It was a good thing that he had the Helldrakes then.

A screech brought the attention of the combined Tau and Eldar to the skies where a great winged beast, half-machine, half-abomination flew into view.  Malefans could taste their terror from here.

It might be a good day after all.
---------------

One Hellturkey and an Oblit come in.  The Hellturkey comes in towards the middle of the board, trying to see which way I will flee.  The Oblit deep strikes off to my left with shots at pretty much my entire force.
The Prince tries Iron Arm again, but perils down to his last wound.  Thinking perhaps the better of facing an entire gunline with a single wound, he takes flight away from the front lines back behind LoS blocking cover.
The Noise Marines continue to move around a bit more.
Before the CSM shooting starts, I have Bang Intercept with his Ion Accelerator and blow apart the Oblit.
The Noise Marines chance firing a bit here and there, but no damage is done as they are still mostly out of range.

Picture Caption: Hellturkeys.  It's what's for AAA-I'M ON FIRE!!

Turn 2: Taudar
--------------
Sha'shiva tried not to swear when the strange creature came into view.  She shot a look at Lorilune who tried her best to look away. 

Apparently things were not as they were briefed.

Luckily, this is why she had brought XV-88s.

"Broadsides, activate velocity trackers!  Let us see how well this thing flies without wings."
-------------------

I get my Warp Spiders, who DS over on the left flank.
Guide and Prescience go up again.
The Reapers go back in their Wave Serpent in case things go badly.
The Shas'O meets up with the Broadsides again.
Mass shooting has the Turkey go down, but it takes almost my entire force to do so.  The Serpents and Spiders though, manage to tear apart a unit of Noise Marines, so we're doing fairly decent now.

Picture Caption: Warp Spiders.  Exterminators R US.

VPs:
Taudar: 6

Turn 3: CSM
----------------
The last Oblit and Hellturkey come in.  The Oblit deep strikes a bit further away this time, but meets the same Ion-to-the-face fate of his twin.  The Hellturkey and Noise Marines tear apart the Warp Spiders to just one rather plucky gent who decides to stay (for some reason).

Turn 3: Taudar
--------------
The Kroot come in on the left (sigh) and since they are Hellturkey meat anyway, I decide to go out big and take out the Prince who has been hiding over there.  The Warp Spider tries to help as well, but not much is done.
I dismount the Dark Reapers and tear apart another unit of Noise Marines and pepper up another squad as well with Serpents and Broadside fire.

Picture Caption: Well... you tried Kroot, you really, really did.

VPs:
Taudar: 8

Turn 4: CSM
--------------
The Hellturkey flies off and annihilates the last Warp Spider as the Daemon Prince charges in and pulps many, many Kroot, who try and fail to run away.

And with that, the Chaos player calls it, as he has only a handful of guys left against well... pretty much my entire army at this point.

Picture Caption: And that's about all she wrote.

--------------------------
Result: Taudar Victory!
--------------------------

----------------------------
Post-Game Thoughts:

My opponent and I had a talk after the game and we were both surprised by a few things.  First off, the Dark Reapers with Shas'O is a really, REALLY good combination.  It's really something to see an entire unit of MEQ basically blown off the board each turn.  Also, they can hide in their rides until they are needed as they are now SnP (basically relentless with some drawbacks).

The Wave Serpents are also really scary shooty, and although my opponent didn't have much of any chance of shooting them, he admitted that they were far more dangerous than he thought.  I knew they were pretty good, but really, a twin-linked S7 SIXTY INCH range gun is shockingly good.

My opponent also said that he would NEVER EVER again try to Deep Strike Obliterators vs Tau as it's just sort of sad to watch them get cleaned up by the Riptide.

And...  I didn't miss the Quadgun.  Not one bit.  The Broadsides did enough shooty and really, against Helldrakes, they're good enough with their 2+ armor saves.  Versus say... Vendettas that would be a different story, but that's a loaded deck right there.

Warp Spiders were again quite good, as it forced my opponent to basically waste his second Helldrake to deal with them while I continued to clean up the remains of his army.

I sort of like the synergy here, and might keep it for a while.  Not sure if I like the lack of any assault element what-so-ever, but it's not THAT bad.  Also, Reapers are scary expensive, and I'm not sure if a Wraithknight might be better...

Time will tell I suppose.

Malefans scowled as a fusillade of long-range weaponry rained over his position.  His Noise Marines had been cut down and to stay now would be suicide.  As much as he hated to admit it, the mortals had won this day, but there would be another time...

The Tau cheered in great jubilation as the Chaos forces disappeared in a cloud of iridescent smoke.  Kor'va looked down and saw Lorilune still sitting on her bike, looking pensive.  He had seen her in this mood before, but wasn't quite sure what to say.  Sometimes if he said something, something bad happened, sometimes by NOT saying something, something bad happened.  It was always hard to tell.  But, he figured he might as well chance it.

"Uh, so... we won, right, Lori?"

Lorilune looked up at him.  He couldn't see her face through the helmet, but he could tell that something was still bothering her.

"I mean... they ran away so we won, right?"

The Eldar looked away and said in a voice that he had to strain to hear, "You don't... really understand, do you?"

Kor'va paused.  He hated questions like these.  They never seemed to have a right answer.

"Uh... Well..."

"No, no, you couldn't.  She-Who-Thirsts will never lose.  The Eldar race will always be in jeopardy.  A single victory means nothing against the tide of Chaos."

Bang paused and said, "Well, umm... if you're worried, we could ask Shiva to be in charge for the rest of the..."

Lorilune swiveled over to his face so face, Kor'va didn't even see her move, "And let that pest suckle from the teat of MY accomplishments?  How dare you!"

"I... I...  didn't..."

"I am Farseer Lorilune of the Craftworld Saim-Hann and this is MY victory.  The forces of Chaos have fallen due to MY deeds.  Let the Tau know that well.  Let everyone know that...  that..."

Lorilune then paused and then chuckled, "Clever.  I might see some hope in you yet."

Before Bang could say anything, Lorilune stood up on her bike and caressed the side of his suit.  Bang felt a rather goofy grin go over his face, but that was alright.  He wasn't entirely sure what he had done, but Lori seemed better now.  Now all they had to do was have another good day tomorrow.
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Well, that was fun. The number of units which get extraordinarily buffed by the addition of that Commander load-out, just wow. Almost perfect accuracy and no cover saves, what more could you ask for? If I were you I'd stick with them, I don't see how a Wraithknight could really perform better.

It's almost a shame, I would have liked to see what some of his units could do but with that deployment leaving him way too far out, there's not really much he could have done there.

The fluff was great, although you do start to wonder how Bang ever became a Shas'Vre. Hardly the sharpest one there but we love him for it.

Looking forward to the next report,

Job's a good un!

Chicop76

Quote from: Cammerz on July 30, 2013, 10:49:53 AM
Well, that was fun. The number of units which get extraordinarily buffed by the addition of that Commander load-out, just wow. Almost perfect accuracy and no cover saves, what more could you ask for? If I were you I'd stick with them, I don't see how a Wraithknight could really perform better.

It's almost a shame, I would have liked to see what some of his units could do but with that deployment leaving him way too far out, there's not really much he could have done there.

The fluff was great, although you do start to wonder how Bang ever became a Shas'Vre. Hardly the sharpest one there but we love him for it.

Job's a good un!

And that is why he should had taken rhinos. I can't say more due to MT getting on my multitasking skills. He doen't advocate nor encourage what I am doing.now. I am just saying some can miltitask and som can't.

However. My attention is not fully here and my thoughts are some where else.

The Man They Call Jayne

I didn't realise that the Bentu Commander (bentu is Tau for support according to our lexicon) worked with non tau units. That certainly opens up a whole world of possabilities.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on July 28, 2013, 07:51:08 PM
------------
The Lists
------------

Jetbikesx3
Warp Spidersx9
Dark Reapersx5 w/Starshot, Exarch w/Fast Shot, EML in Wave Servent w/Holo, SLaser
Krootx11 w/Kroot Hound

Helldrake w/Baleflamer
Helldrake w/Baleflamer
Obliterator
Obliterator

Damn.....both list are quite hard in their own ways. Only gripe I have is that the Noise Marines are too static for their own good. He played too much with the Blastmaster spam, and felt the heat.

Anyway, congrats on the win.

BigToof

Thank you all for the very kind comments!

Job's a good un!

I guess you're right.  The combo of Shas'O and Dark Reapers is really quite effective.  I just worry about not having a good way to stop high AV vehicles besides the Riptide.  Would love to maybe squeeze in a Fusion Blaster or two, but hard to figure out where...

And I'm glad the fluff is going good.  Bang is, in a way, sort of autobiographical, as he's a bit dense around things that are very subtle, and subtle women with mood changes are very mysterious.  But being a Shas'vre isn't just about being aware, it's also about being heroic and self-sacrificing, which Bang has in spades.

Quote from: Chicop76 on July 30, 2013, 11:27:08 AM

Job's a good un!

And that is why he should had taken rhinos. I can't say more due to MT getting on my multitasking skills. He doen't advocate nor encourage what I am doing.now. I am just saying some can miltitask and som can't.

However. My attention is not fully here and my thoughts are some where else.

Thanks for the reply, Chicop.
Rhinos are a bit of hard thing for some players, as unless you reserve them you're often giving up first blood, which can make the game an uphill struggle.  Still, some tanks of some kind would have been nice for saturation.

Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on July 30, 2013, 01:07:58 PM
I didn't realise that the Bentu Commander (bentu is Tau for support according to our lexicon) worked with non tau units. That certainly opens up a whole world of possabilities.

Oh, yes Jayne.  The Commander's package works well with a lot of combinations, but I'm seeing so many possibilities with Eldar (who are quite shooty).  I don't know if there are any Space Marine combos, but the Eldar have a lot of potential.

Quote from: crisis_vyper on July 30, 2013, 07:01:44 PM
Quote from: BigToof on July 28, 2013, 07:51:08 PM
------------
The Lists
------------

Jetbikesx3
Warp Spidersx9
Krootx11 w/Kroot Hound

Helldrake w/Baleflamer
Helldrake w/Baleflamer
Obliterator
Obliterator

Damn.....both list are quite hard in their own ways. Only gripe I have is that the Noise Marines are too static for their own good. He played too much with the Blastmaster spam, and felt the heat.

Anyway, congrats on the win.

Hi Crisis,
Yes, too much Blastmasters really start to fall apart when you face a wall of 2+ armor or AV12 vehicles. They do wonders on gunline armies, but they don't have a lot of success, especially if you counter deploy :)
Good to see you back, btw.

-------------------

Well, it looks like people are wanting my Lady Jenna compound-failure, so I'll try to get that up.  In hindsight, I didn't do HORRIBLE, but it's kind of sad seeing the Space Wolves, who were once the rulers of the table-top, being kicked around like Grots by the Eldar.

Hopefully, there will be some kind of help there, as I'm very close to just shelving them for a while, as I've had very little success with my "marine horde."  The IG parts tend to do alright, but the MEQs fall behind.  I have no idea why...

Also, I've done quite a bit of list tinkering lately, and hopefully I can get a game up with my new IG-Sisters list that's quite fun, although I do want to try and get a IG-Eldar list eventually going as well.

Oh, and I'll see what I can do for Dark Eldar-Eldar and of course, MORE TAUDAR.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Lord Sotek

Wow, this match really went the opposite of the way I expected.

Bang and Lori continue to be my OTP. Keep on keepin' on, Toof.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

BigToof

Quote from: Lord Sotek on July 31, 2013, 09:39:23 PM

Hi Lord Sotek,
Sorry for the delay.  Real life stuff got in the way.

Thanks for the kind words!  Bang and Lorilune are quite the pair it seems :)

On a side note, I've been watching to see how your own rep ends up.

In any case, good to see you again.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Lord Sotek

Quote from: BigToof on August 14, 2013, 01:08:44 AM

Hi Lord Sotek,

Best,
-BT

Err, yes.... I suppose I should get on that one, shouldn't I. <.<"

EDIT: It is done! Please do tell me what you think :3
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

BigToof

Quote from: Lord Sotek on August 15, 2013, 10:52:26 PM
Quote from: BigToof on August 14, 2013, 01:08:44 AM

Hi Lord Sotek,

Best,
-BT

Err, yes.... I suppose I should get on that one, shouldn't I. <.<"

EDIT: It is done! Please do tell me what you think :3

Apologies for the delay, but I DID like it a lot.  :)

Hope to see more!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Chicop76

I understand first blood and weaker vechicles, but you still need rhinos to get across the field. If he was playing regular marines drop pods are very useful, too bad Chaos have no pod love. Which leaves rhino's and landraiders. Heck a storm raven would be nice the more I think about it.

Anyway gripes aside the only way the chaos player could had done well is to have mobility. The army really does not have decent long range and need mobility. Since 2/3 of your scenerios can put your army out of range than taking rhinos or something is a better option than getting hacked to death from range.

Turn one would had a larger impact for the chaos player since he went first. With rhinos he would had covered or could had moved his troops up 18" and with disembark moves get another 4" up from the wrecked rhinos.

The differance is that on turn 2 he would had been in shooting range with his army with support units coming in on turn two as well.

Another option is to move 12" and disembark behind the rhino forcing the other player to take out the rhino shield. You move the rhino out of the way to give your army los and than during shooting phase after shooting put your rhino in front of your troops again. This tactic would force the other player to kill off the rhinos, so they can kill the troops behind them.

In the end he lost for not having the mobility to get acoss the board. Not saying he would had won if he could. Just saying he would had a better chance.

Also rhinos block sight to bikes as well. I like to run bikes behind them. Got to love cheap movable terrain.