News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Aun'va O'vesa Deathstar

Started by salamut2202, August 06, 2013, 11:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salamut2202

So, with the Farsight Enclaves and the Tau being battle brothers and all, units from each could join eachother. So the idea was using special riptide of awesome IC status, he fro, the allied detachment joins space pope's unit. Aunva takes the low ap stuff, O'vesa takes the lighter stuff and you have back field fire support with that more reliably nova charged riptide with his ion accelerator  and Aunva dishes out his invocations. It's pricey, but that deathstar isn't? The 400 points isn't that much by deathstar standpoints (well add another 165 because O'vesa is Riptide's buddy). To give the unit all the stealth suit benefits, you can add Shadowsun to them as well. I guess instead of O'vesa you could do the same with Ob'latai for something a bit cheaper although now the unit is not as tough.

Waddaya think?

Kur'os

It would be interesting to see Aun'Va used offensively.  Though it would be quite comedic to see him protecting a Riptide...

As long as you are cautious about model placement / who receives what shot , the only real downside is the price.  That'd be quite the investment point-wise with only a couple models to show for it.

-Kur'os

Rarity Declis

Here's a thought; If you charge him into a unit of Terminators, he has a 2+ save and a 6+ Feel No Pain and Stubborn if needed, so he can tarpit... kind of.

If you can think of anything with an AP1 close combat weapon, you can safely charge them and last forever. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud.

Chicop76