After far, far too long I've decided to resume and finish my "Kyyreni" WFB project. However, I haven't played a lot of 8th and it's hard to do so now my gaming group's dissolved, so I've forgotten a fair few things about Fantasy!
Let's begin there then. Can someone (or several someones) refresh my memory on the following:
- Terrain. What terrain, if any, impacts movement in 8th?
- Fear and Terror - can units still break if they fail Fear and/or Terror tests?
- Combat resolution. I believe if you outnumber your opponent you are effectively Stubborn. Is this correct?
- Combat resolution #2. Do Ranks still work like they did in 6th / 7th edition?
- Combat resolution #3. Do banners and musicians work like they did in 6th / 7th edition?
- Spears. Do they specify how many ranks you fight in, or do they just say "fight in one extra rank" or words to that effect?
Okay, that should be all the rule clarifications I need... for now.
Next, I'd like to ask some advice from my Warhammer players out there on new equipment and special rules. Before I do that, I'd like to clarify some elements of the army lists because it may be useful:
These lists are not intended to be used against conventional WFB armies. They are closed-circuit, for use against each other; I'm just using the Warhammer rules. There is no magic of any kind (including magic items), nor are there any stupid Super-Monsters that are shoehorned into every army book these days. It's just blocks of infantry and cavalry killing each other without fear of having fireballs or triple-headed Frost Dragons crashing down on top of them.
So, rules / concepts I am after:
- Rules for a Phalanx formation (like the classical Greek style of fighting).
- Rules for a Shieldwall formation.
- Suggestions for how to handle mercenary units.
- Ideas for how to represent Marines (ie: troops that fight from ships) and distinguish them from regular troops.
- Ideas for how to handle Dragoons (ie: troops that ride to battle on horses but dismount to fight).
I'll post up as much as I can about the setting as and when I write it. If this gives people ideas for units, faction special rules, etc. then I welcome them all!