News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Help needed... Any budding photoshoppers?

Started by Chris, August 23, 2013, 09:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hey guys...
So I'm thinking of a new project. I'm stocked for the new codex, and really want a unit of Devestator Centurians. However, the models are FUGLY!

So I've come up with a concept, 'The Centurian Weapons Defense Platform'.

I'm useless with any and all forms of technology, I just about manage with a laptop and mobile, so I require the help of you people... Surely someone out there is good with some sort of Photo manipulation software.

Would some one be able to out together a mock up concept image of what I want?
Basically its the Thunderfire Cannon's carriage. The Tracks and flat bed with the frame. In the middle of the frame is a sort of ammo hopper, this forms most of the body work. On one side of the hopper is perhaps a Landspeeder Typhoon's missile launcher (on its side) and on the other is a twin linked Las cannon. Perhaps having the back half of a marine bike up to the handle bars in the middle at the back so it could be driven / moved...

Are there any budding brothers able to help?
If the project goes ahead, you'll get credit for the design process!

Narric

Don't have photoshop, but I'll givve this a go :P be fun to try, at least give others an visual idea of what you're asking for ;)

Chris

Trooper... Do you want me to get a number of picture of the stuff for you, or will you be able to do that?

Narric

I couldn't find anything quickly for a "Ammo Hopper" for the central part of the model, so I used a Sentinal, which also doubles as the control box for the weapons :)

Spoiler

Chris

Yeah... Something along those line.... I like it.... What are peoples opinions? Might be a nice alternative to those Pimp my Marine abominations... I want something that captures that manouverable feel for the Relentless rule, but also looks armoured enough to warrant a 2+ save...

I'd like the middle to be a bit more open, but its nice to know in basic concept, it looks alright.

Any advance on Narric's stellar offering?

Narric

Just to let you know, I'm now re-modelling mine in Sketchup :P Doubt it will look any better though :P