News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

2S UK Meetup: FULL DETAILS

Started by Chris, September 12, 2013, 09:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

We've had a couple says yes on the Meetup event page on Facebook. Annoyingly I can't remove my name as I posted the event.

My one request to anyone that is going is to take lots of pictures. It makes Meetups seem more appealing and attracts new faces, and its always interesting to see the people behind the avatars (or names for those that do not have an avatar :P).

Cithaeron

Speaking of which, I can't see that event - probably cause my request to join the 2S Members group hasn't been accepted yet. Any chance that could be addressed so's I can put my name down on there as well?

Also, I'll be sure to bring my camera.

Chris

Marvellous. I've just asked to join the page too.

As I've said, I have no mini's with me, looking forward to getting a few drinks in with you lads!

Narric

It open group, so unless you did soething to be banned by Sorck or FT, you should be able to auto join.

I'm fairly certain I set the even as open to all as well. If I didn't, It would have to be Sorck or FT to change it it seems :-\
https://www.facebook.com/events/1397207350555532/

The awkward part being the one to set the FB event page, is people are apologising to me that they can't come :P I can't either XD

Restayvien

Can't confirm 100% but I may be there...
Is there an entry fee/any other costs (besides food/drink)? I can just about cover the cost of petrol, but after buying a motorbike I don't have much moolah left this month. :P I'll bring a couple of squads of Chaos Marines...hopefully someone else has a 6th Ed rulebook. ^^

Narric

Last I was at Warhammer world there was no entry fee, aside from obviously paying for food at Bugmans, or purchases at the on location GW. Not even the Museum had an entry fee.
However, I can't really comment on what they're like nowadays. I can only assume that because I have not heard people call blue murder on GW for charging, that they haven't been foolish enough to do so.

So basically its free entry to use the tables. :P

For you guys who have non-GW stuff, be careful. Stores seem to be lax on the subject, but impose that models should be majority GW components, and no whole models may from a "Rival" company. I have no idea how "vigilant" the Warhammer World staff are to non-gw models and content being played at the tables.

Chris

Yup, its free to get in..
Turns out 40Kforum are having a UK meetup on saturday too. Could be busy!
Looking forward to it guys!

Chris

Quote from: Narric on April 09, 2014, 06:55:42 PM
It open group, so unless you did soething to be banned by Sorck or FT, you should be able to auto join.

I'm fairly certain I set the even as open to all as well. If I didn't, It would have to be Sorck or FT to change it it seems :-\
https://www.facebook.com/events/1397207350555532/

The awkward part being the one to set the FB event page, is people are apologising to me that they can't come :P I can't either XD

Odd, it appears to be an open group, but it still says that request has been sent.... Most odd.
That link you gave also only took me to my events page...

Narric

I'll message Sorck/FT to allow me to help with Admining the Facebook page. I'm on FB all thetime, and its not like me being an Admin there is any different to me being a Moderator here.

Cithaeron

Quote from: Chris on April 09, 2014, 09:00:27 PM
Yup, its free to get in..
Turns out 40Kforum are having a UK meetup on saturday too. Could be busy!
Looking forward to it guys!

Perfect! An excellent opportunity for some forum mingling and cross-promotion. Let's make the most of it and get our name out there!  ;D

Also, regarding the group thing - I remember I requested to join a fair while back... the button at the top says "cancel request" as an option, implying that it's still a request waiting for approval, and I can't make posts or see the events. I can comment on stuff though. Perhaps if someone invited me to join the group then that'd work?

Mabbz

Well, the meetup is over. It was good fun, even if it did consist of just me and Chris :P

I might write up a report of our Covert Ops game at some point.

Narric

Well hopefully we can get more momentum and people for the next one.

Speaking of which.

Posted up on the Facebook group, but best to start it here also. If we were to set a specific month to annually hold at least one 2S Meetup, which would be best for everyone?
I personally think August would work, as a number of our members go to College or University (and if everything works out, so will I from this september) and August is when most courses are on Summer Holiday/Leave.
If memory serves, the first UK Meetup was in the first couple weeks of September, with the second Meetup six months later. Would a Meetup once every Six Months give enough chance for people to come, or would it be too much?
Also, I will be getting a 2S T-shirt before the next meet. That is a promise Hopefully I'll be one of the easier to spot members becuase of it XD

Chris

T'was a good day! Even if sat nav did end me up in a village in the middle of nowhere...
Was great to finally meet Mabbz and put a face to his.... avatar?

Looking forward to the next one!

Narric