News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

White Scars

Started by silverfuge, December 12, 2013, 10:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silverfuge

I git a phone call last night asking how to make white scars get a 2+ cover save. I haven't got the new codex yet so wondered if there's a way of doing it. I know they get a +1 anyway for being white scars any other suggestions. I had some one say ally sameul or tiguris.
Gm is God

Charistoph

Jink + Turbo-Boost = 4+.  Allied Darkshroud can give Stealth for 3+...  Night Fighting can modify that, too.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Quote from: Megavolt-They called me crazy.  They called me insane!  THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right."

silverfuge

Whitescars gt a +1 to jink save so 40+ normal 3+ for turboboost.
Gm is God

Arguleon-veq

Yeah im really not sure you can. Not in any reliable way anyway. Not that they need it, they are a very competative army without it and still a better bike army than Ravenwing even though they can get that save.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

silverfuge

Asked my local store and its a psychic power of stealth so not reliable way to do it. Shame scout bikes cant take camo cloaks lol
Gm is God

CoffeeGrunt

I think it's probably deliberate that you can't get a 2+ Cover. :P

Your best bet would be to Ally in Eldar with a Jetseer, tag her onto a squad, and have her cast Shroud on them. Boom, 2+ Jink relatively reliably.
The only constant in the universe is change; the Wise adapt.

silverfuge

I might mention that to him but then he will want to borrow mine. the evil bugger.
Gm is God

Arguleon-veq

The other issue is that with the amount of ignore cover weapons these days, it doesnt matter so much anyway. Things like Eldar/Tau/Chaos wont really care about the cover saves so its probably better to invest points in other things over hoping for a 2+ cover save.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

silverfuge

It was his question so I posted it on here. I didnt get into the who whats and wheres. He likes to put a list together to see if he can and then let me table him.
Gm is God

CoffeeGrunt

Eldar have Ignores Cover? I haven't seen them deploy a lot of it.

A 2+ Cover save is still excellent against 90% of weapons, and as for Tau, if they're spending two Markerlight counters to negate Cover, that's two Markerlights that could be making the firing squad BS5. If you hammer their Markerlight supply early on, this could really work in your favour

KCKitsune

Quote from: CoffeeGrunt on December 23, 2013, 10:46:32 PM
Eldar have Ignores Cover? I haven't seen them deploy a lot of it.

A 2+ Cover save is still excellent against 90% of weapons, and as for Tau, if they're spending two Markerlight counters to negate Cover, that's two Markerlights that could be making the firing squad BS5. If you hammer their Markerlight supply early on, this could really work in your favour

Multi-spectrum sensor suite also ignores cover without having to use any markerlights.  Since I run a Farsight enclave roster I have Subcommander Torchstar in with a squad of Broadsides... yummy rail rifle death for everyone!
From the Makers of Lemon Flavored Kitten souls, comes the newest in Taste Sensations... Mutant Evil Sauce(tm)*!

Mutant Evil Sauce is Good(tm) on EVERYTHING

* == Evil Snacks Inc is not responsible for any uncontrolled outbreaks of flesh eating zombies

CoffeeGrunt

Hmmm, I never really liked using the Eight. None of them really mesh well with my lists, and I'm not the biggest fan of running Farsight since he seems to be used as a One Trick Pony, which is his precision Deep Striking.