News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Gears of War the Board Game

Started by Arguleon-veq, December 30, 2013, 07:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

I got this the other day and I have to say it is fantastic. The models that come with it are great quality and for us 40K players provide some nice alternative models for us to use in some of our armies. Every part of it is very high quality though, from the cards to the playing tiles.

The rules work great although I think you will need to read the rule book a couple of times as the rules jump around a bit in there so its hard to get a clear picture first time through. Once you get it though the game is simple enough but nice and tactical with a lot of replay value from what I can see so far.

Its a great game to sit around with some mates and have some beers.

I thought id make a thread to recommend it to all of you guys, if you have a spare bit of christmas money then spend it on this [you can get it for around £40 on Amazon at the minute], it will work for you of your into dungeon crawlers like quest, regular board games or 40K.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Narric

I'm semi not surprised at the quality of models, as Fantasy Flight oftens works with GW. Pretty nice they're unpainted.

~£43 is a bit high for me, especially as it would be a new game and I don't currently have anybody to play against :P

Maybe in the new year I'll pick up a copy?...

Arguleon-veq

You can play it 1 player as the Locust are controlled by random AI cards but yeah its probably not worth it to play on your own. Deffo good value for a group of mates or a gaming club though.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33