News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Re: Enter, The Darkness [OOC/Sign-up thread]

Started by Ravager, November 23, 2011, 12:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El ShasOcho

Im pretty sure I could carry all my stuff. Remember that scene in LoTR two towers when Aragorn Legolas and Gimli had to remove all their weapons? I have that much if not less stuff. I'd go shield and quiver across my back (with a guard on the spike, don't want any accidents  :shifty: 0, warhammer strapped to my belt, sword in the sheath, dagger strapped to my leg for quick access.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Poison. There's something I didn't consider that I probably should have. Although I could probably make a few traps given my hunting/gamekeeper training. :)

I think we've got a pretty decent party. Also, my thanks to TD for noticing and granting my request for a runesmith. :D
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

The Man They Call Jayne

Looking forward to this :)

Kinda keen to see how XP is earned and levels are raised and so on.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Ravager Zero

Rav's Awesome Card Counter: +2

Quote from: Kane
...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

InsaneTD

Quote from: Prime Minister Mkoll on October 12, 2011, 02:38:24 PM
Poison. There's something I didn't consider that I probably should have. Although I could probably make a few traps given my hunting/gamekeeper training. :)

I think we've got a pretty decent party. Also, my thanks to TD for noticing and granting my request for a runesmith. :D
Well I find Runesmiths in most settings to be interesting concepts. As almost Tempted to rebuild my DnD character when I found Runesmith in one of the books. :P

Should talk to Rav about what runes can go on my Rifle.

El ShasOcho

Well this should be an interesting story.
Before we start, I should probably tell everyone this is my first journey into RPG, other then raving bonkers's one in the asylum thread. So I may something stupid/foolish, so if so just say so/give me some pointers.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Ravager Zero

...and whipped cream, a bottle of baileys, seven pairs of non-matching shoes, a combine harvester, a box of matches, and three indie rock bands drunk off their skull is technically acceptable on private property.

Mabbz

Quote from: El ShasOcho on October 13, 2011, 01:53:10 AM
Before we start, I should probably tell everyone this is my first journey into RPG, other then raving bonkers's one in the asylum thread. So I may something stupid/foolish, so if so just say so/give me some pointers.

Don't worry, I have even less experience than you.

I assume any in character actions go in the RP thread as well? Such as creating an illusion of a huge wart on Oan's face to scare off the barmaid?

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on October 13, 2011, 06:59:00 AM
I assume any in character actions go in the RP thread as well? Such as creating an illusion of a huge wart on Oan's face to scare off the barmaid?
Yes, they do.
However, I as the DM (and the dice, as the ultimate arbitrators) determine whether or not those things are successful.

On another note, if it all possible, could people please post at least a full paragraph?
(Combat will be an exception, but I may relegate that to PM to save clutter, have you lot make your rolls, then tell y'all what you did)

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Terminal Dosage on October 13, 2011, 01:44:45 AM
Should talk to Rav about what runes can go on my Rifle.
Let me know when you find out? I plan on getting a rifle once I can get an illusion rune put on it to mask where the shots are coming from (I'm a stealth expert, giving away my position would not be a good thing :P )

Such as creating an illusion of a huge wart on Oan's face to scare off the barmaid?
Why me? Surely the mages of other schools would be better candidates? I'm assuming there'd be some kind of long-standing argument between mages as to which school(s) are best. :P

Also, do we have a rough scale of the map? Might help with regards to decision making.

Mkoll wins.

[img]http

Mabbz

What is Darrow, Darrow's rest and Cyven anyway? I mean, Darrow and Cyven look like towns, but I want to be sure.

Quote from: Prime Minister Mkoll on October 13, 2011, 02:15:17 PM
Such as creating an illusion of a huge wart on Oan's face to scare off the barmaid?
Why me? Surely the mages of other schools would be better candidates? I'm assuming there'd be some kind of long-standing argument between mages as to which school(s) are best. :P
Maybe later. I just don't want you getting distracted by a attractive young lady at the start of an important quest.

Narric

Any background Lore you want to add Rav?

A brief paragraph for each named location on the map is the most I want to think of at this point.

Ravager Zero

Quote from: Mabbz on October 13, 2011, 04:19:03 PM
What is Darrow, Darrow's rest and Cyven anyway? I mean, Darrow and Cyven look like towns, but I want to be sure.
Darrow is a semi-metropolitan city, in the early stages of conversion to a fortress city, due to tensions with distant Cyven. Darrow's Rest is a marshland created by the first Lord Darrow, after diverting the river Celis to a more 'useful' course. His geomancers were not impressed, and it is rumored that Darrow's remains now lie somewhere within the heart of the swamp.

Cyven is a large city, slightly larger in fact than Darrow, with a potent military, funded and equipped through the cities extensive mines in the Eastern Peaks. Why they are so aggressive towards Darrow is not currently known, as the Cyveni royal family has recently been seeking alliances with distant realms to help combat the threat of daemonic incursions.

The Forlorn Woods are actually slightly misnamed, being an enormous, and ancient, forest spread over hundreds of square miles. Rumours abound of strange creatures and ruins of past civilisations standing within the woods, but these are normally heard in the same taverns, from the same washed up adventurers hoping to make a quick gold coin.

The Crumbling Rocks are so named for the mountainside that is riddled with old mineshafts, so much so that the entire region is unstable, and putting a foot wrong could see a person simply stuck in three feet of rubble, or plunging down a mile long mineshaft. However, between Perro's Folly and the Crumbling Rocks lie a series of standing stones, the largest grouping forming what a sort of sacred ground.

Rough distances:
Perro's Folly to the Forlorn Woods: 15 Leagues
Perro's Folly to the Crumbling Rocks: 18 Leagues
Perro's Folly to Darrow (skirting Woods): 40 Leagues
Darrow to Darrow's Rest: 20 Leagues
Darrow to Cyven (fording river Celis): 50 Leagues
The Crumbling Rock to Darrow's Rest: 27 Leagues

The party, currently, would be able to travel roughly 8 leagues per day, 10 at a stretch.

Quote from: Prime Minister Mkoll on October 13, 2011, 02:15:17 PM
Surely the mages of other schools would be better candidates? I'm assuming there'd be some kind of long-standing argument between mages as to which school(s) are best. :P
Of course there is. You didn't expect they'd all just get along now, did you? ;)

Mabbz

As I said, I'll play tricks on the other mages later.

Incidentally, I should probably re-post this here: With regard to the info we collect, perhaps Rav should PM us with whatever intel we discover, Then we can all discuss it back in the tavern later.

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

8 leagues a day seems about right to my mind. Should have enough energy left to fight if needed too. After all, 8 leagues works out around 24 miles. I can walk that in a day and I'm not even in shape. :P

PMing the intel we gather could work quite well. :)

Mkoll wins.

[img]http