News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Science Fiction Movie: Looking for People, Advice, and Support

Started by Waaaghpower, February 28, 2014, 05:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waaaghpower

Hi!
My name is Max, and I (and a couple other Kansas City Filmmakers) are working on a Science Fiction short. We're getting closer and closer to filming, and we're still looking for some help in various areas. So, I have decided to turn to the wild world of the internet for help!
The Short is something like a cross between The Matrix and Fallout, but with more emphasis on drama and characters, with fairly little action. After most of the human population on earth was wiped out by an airborne hallucinogenic psychoactive drug, a few people managed to escape near certain death by evacuating into a set of underground bunkers, built in case of a catastrophe like that. The plot takes place a few years after the actual apocalypse, and is about them surviving in a controlled environment with limited resources, without going stir-crazy and without letting any of the vital life support systems break down. (There's a twist ending, but I can't tell you or I'd spoil the twist!) It'll probably be ready for public release in about a year, (Give or take, depending on how much support we can get, and how interested we can get various film festivals), and there'll eventually be a web release on Vimeo and Youtube, but that's a very long ways off, and assumes we can get everything off the ground.

We still need help with a couple things. Mainly:
If you've got any experience writing or editing, I would definitely love second and third opinions on the script.
We also could use some help with the soundtrack. We haven't settled on exactly what we want to go with in terms of style, (mainly because neither I nor the DP have any amount of musical talent), so any suggestions or help with that would be great. If you know how to write music and don't mind charity work in exchange for free publicity, we would love your help.
For those of you reading this in the Kansas City area, we need a few more actors and extras. (Most of the lead roles have been filled, but supporting characters and a semi-lead character for the opening scene are s.) We're not picky, so if you want to get involved we would (once again) love to have your help. (We can comp you for gas money and food, but our current budget is too slim for much else. Sorry.)

Lastly, general publicity and public awareness is great. If you know anyone who you think would be interested in this, please let them know.

If you want to know more, we've got a mostly empty production blog here: (It's mostly a placeholder until we have actual production news, when we start filming and work on the set.)
http://t17movie.wordpress.com/

We've also got an IndieGoGo up, for a few more days, which has more information on it: (If you'd like to donate, that would also be appreciated!   )
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t-17/x/6055134

Lastly, you can get in touch with us at [email protected], or just PM me on this site. We're looking for all the help and advice we can get!

NOTE: We've got about 15 hours left on the IndieGoGo, so it's your last chance to give money to strangers so that we can make a cool short film.
Super Mario 3D World is The. Best. Thing.

Narric

Kinda surprized you didn't put this in a more public area for more publicity that way :P

I'd gladly help by being a tertiary proof reader for the script ^_^ I can PM you my e-mail if you'd like.

I could send you some links for tutorials for Props and Video Editing trickery, if that helps?

If you need any voice over work, I could try that for you :P

Good luck with the project, and if you create a Facebook page, it would be easier to spread the work around ;)

Waaaghpower

Quote from: Narric on February 28, 2014, 05:26:27 PM
Kinda surprized you didn't put this in a more public area for more publicity that way :P

I'd gladly help by being a tertiary proof reader for the script ^_^ I can PM you my e-mail if you'd like.

I could send you some links for tutorials for Props and Video Editing trickery, if that helps?

If you need any voice over work, I could try that for you :P

Good luck with the project, and if you create a Facebook page, it would be easier to spread the work around ;)
I wasn't sure if I was allowed to beg for help on here, and I figured I didn't want to push the rules too much by posting in the wrong section.
... Why didn't I think of making a Facebook page? Why?
(I'll PM you a link to the Google-Doc script.)

Narric

Look forward to reading it ^_^

And don't forget to link us here when you've made your FB page :P

Waaaghpower