I've done a little bit of work on a Blood Angel:
It was primed with Halford's red primer, then drybrushed with the new paint range base that's closest to blood red (as I determined whilst looking at pots in the store
). It was then washed with nuln oil. Eyes were picked out in various greens (starting point was the Dark Angels green equivalent I believe) - the other greens were formed by mixing in more yellow into the base green. Finally the eyes had a Thrakka Green wash applied just to smooth the shade and reduce the intensity of the highlight. The gun was painted leadbealcher and a dark grey (black/white mix) and then had nuln oil applied (several coats on the black patch - I made the grey a bit too light). The eagle on the gun is Charadon Granite I believe. The pouches/purity seals are Khemri Brown with a wash of Agrax Earthshade.
Now for some Tyranids... I currently have 46 stealers - 2 normal ones and 44 from Space Hulk. I'm going to be basing a big chunk of the SH ones so that I can use them more easily in 40k. An example of basing is as follows:
As you can see, I've had to cut down the built in base a bit. I will have 16 stealers in this sort of pose in the end (14 SH, 2 classic). I will also be converting some of the other SH ones like this but I think some may be a struggle to look sensible in 40k - even for my armies on parade display it's going to be a challenge to use some of them.
I've also decided that I'm going to have a fair few spore mines - currently I just have 4 Macragge ones (the rest are either damaged beyond repair, missing, or have a gloss varnish on them so can't really be reclaimed). I intend to purchase a few of the new ones that come in the newer Tyranid MC boxes - I just have to wait for bits stores to have them in stock. Here's a sample of what I've done with them so far:
These were sprayed white, had Agrax Earthshade shade applied over the lower part of them (everywhere but the head) and then Fuegan Orange shade applied on the straggly bits. The heads were painted Astronomican Grey and then had an Asurmen Blue wash applied.
And the stealer was my first test with the scheme - it's a little patchy as I failed to wash everywhere on it, plus it wasn't fully sprayed which made it difficult. It has had orange wash applied in the webby patches on it's arms and had it applied on the thorax to give a little definition. Charadon Granite was used on the claws - I may provide a little bit of a highlight later on.
I also have half of a swarm arriving at some point - 20 hormaguants, 20 termagants, 10 gargoyles and 4/5 rippers. At some point I'll get a HQ choice - probably a Flyrant. And I'm going to attempt to build and paint my swarm half in a day... it can only end badly.
Plus I'm working on my armies on parade ideas - I'm thinking of doing a glacial display - some running water in there (with obligatory swimming rippers), some rocks and the remains of a crashed ship (that's how to fit space hulk components in there
At some point I'll get some more Ork pictures up - for now here are some old Ork photos.
Sorck.Sorry about the quality of some of the photos - taking macro shots on a fixed lens camera can be a pain, especially when you are balancing things so that you get enough light to take the photo.