News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

How involved are in you in 40k?

Started by BigToof, October 11, 2014, 12:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deraj

I like 40k but hate being around 40k players, sadly. About 90% of the people I know who play 40k use game time as a platform to preach about how bad gw sucks, how terrible the prices are, and how unbalanced the armies are. For some reason fantasy doesn't seem to be like that, so I stick with fantasy.

Chris

I still play and collect. Currently I'm in my final year of Uni, so not been able to do as much as I wanted to originally, but it has given me time to work on it as a hobby as opposed to a game.

I like 7th, yeah it was a quick turn around from 6th, but I don't really care. With anything in life, if it is worth spending time on, its worth spending money on. I like the rules, they seem a lot more fluid and more reasonable, as if someone hit 6th in the face with a realism bat.

I look forward to working on it some more, although I am being drawn into 30k by the gorgeous models...

Sorck

I've recently gotten a little back into getting models - it's a little bit of a distraction from academia. Though my main intention is to paint up a display army (armies on parade may be a target in the end).

The price of rulebooks does put me off actually playing regularly, though the local games workshop is only 5 minutes on foot and the weekly wargaming club is even closer. However, I just don't have the interest in playing these days... my lack of time also reduces my interest in playing whilst I'm at university.

The change in rules regarding large models and the mere fact that rules change does get frustrating also.

I have also started my latest army completely from scratch - it's a combat patrol scale (or maybe larger) ork force attempting to avoid the common units of boyz, nobz, warbosses, warbikes and trucks. At least that's my current intention. I only have 10 pots of paint so my hobby time is mainly mixing colours... :P

BigToof

Update on mine:

Playing less, but still some.  It's hard when the alternatives are so good at home, but I do it to try and force myself to interact with people face to face.

Plus, seeing some people react to "bad armies" with the classic tricks are fun :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Chris

Struggling a bit with 40k... I don't think I've even looked at my 40k since the summer. Working on fantasy quite a bit though.
I've spent quite a lot on that recently too!

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Unfortunately my work hours have basically ruled me out of the game for some time now. :( I still try to keep up with the fluff, and writing some of my own for the Marine chapter I started way back in 4th ed.

I write lists from time to time, but honestly as I've never had chance to play in 7th ed I've no idea how effective most units are these days, thus limiting my ability to comment on other people's lists.
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http