News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

The Romanov Chronicles: Chapter Two Now UP

Started by BigToof, November 22, 2013, 03:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady D'ysperax content ratio:

Too much!  (needs more human)
0 (0%)
Too little!  (More Eldar!)
1 (33.3%)
Just right... Yes...
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

BigToof

Hi All,
Sorry I've been away.
Lots of bad, some good.  But I had to write this as it just all sort of fell out at once.
If you want more, leave a comment, and it might turn into a series of sorts :)

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Comments and Critiques greatly appreciated!

---------------------------------

----------------------------
The Romanov Chronicles
----------------------------

Chapter One: Great Expectations

Professor Vasily Romanov twitched unconfortably in his seat.  He wasn't really sure why he was here in the Govenor's Chambers.  The huge room was twice as big as his already far-too-enormous office, and was covered with important looking maps and what-not.  He was seated in front of the Governor's stone-wrought desk and unfortunately in an expensive, antique chair-thing.  Which, of course meant that it was made to be looked at rather than sat in, and thus completely  unsalvagable for comfort no matter which way you turned.  He often wondered if it was supposed to be that way, keeping your guests' minds on their bottoms rather than their current fate.  His fate, however, was something that he was also extremely foggy on.  Being clueless about things was something that had been par for the course when he was an Imperial Guard Commander, but as an (almost) budding Professor of the Scholasta it was something that he hadn't run into in some time. 

Or at least, it was something that he was hoping he'd never have to dread again.

He heard a giggle, and looked over at his wife, Temperance Windsor-Smith-Romanov, who was in a particularly excitable mood today.  Tems had a small streak of grey running over one side, but Vasily didn't mind.  She wasn't that much older than when he had first met her.  Shorter than the average Praetorian, but with about ten times as much energy, Temperance had been his second-in-command during the very, very bad days of his campaign.  Which, he had to admit, was most of them.  Now, they had both been given the very rare honorable discharge and were taking a comfortable life of satisfactorily boring existance.  He had thought that Tems might not take well to the life of a housewife, but it seemed that all the woman really needed was a home under her to keep things going.  Vasily was constantly surprised how many knicks and knacks kept popping up and something new appeared each day.  Sometimes they were taxing on his stipend, but it kept Tems smiling and that was worth all the credits in the Imperium.  Tems was wearing one of her homemade red dresses with a battalion logo cunningly stiched in, and Vasily had to admit that it looked nice on her.  He had heard people say that after the first year or so of marraige, you stopped looking at your wife like that, but he had luckily not had that problem.

Stopping the train of thought to chastise himself, he brought himself back to the matter at hand.  Tems had brought him to see the governor with nary a word, and the secrecy of this entire meeting continued to bother him.  Troubled him to the extreme.  Because, with some luck, he had the fortune to see the governor only once in all of his time at the Scholasta and that was more than enough.  Being seen with important people meant that other people thought you were important too.  On the battlefield that meant you were sniper bait.  In the academic world it meant something worse: Meetings.

There was a heavy creak of wood, and Governor Malcolm Hearthwroth entered into the room.  Vasily looked at the man for a moment, as the aging, mostly balding lump of a man was wearing what actually seemed to be an Imperial Guard uniform.  It seemed to barely fit, and he was surprised that the buttons hadn't exploded from the stress of keeping in the enormity of the governor's girth.

"Ah, Professor Romanov!  What a pleasure!  I am so very pleased that you managed to meet me.  Oh, and of course, deepest greetings to your young wife as well.  A jewel in the crown of the Imperium."

Vasily tried not to roll his eyes at the obvious heaped-on compliments.  It just meant that something bad was coming up the pipe.

"Uh, yes, Governor Hearthwroth.  I uh... yes.  But, things are rather busy today and I..."

"He's in the right mood for talking, he is!"

Vasily paused in mid-sentence and looked at his wife, who was practically busting at the seams with glee.

What was going on?

Every inch of Vasily went into the well-practiced motions of paranoia maintenance, and he began to look for the nearest exit.

"Wonderful!  Wonderful!" crooned the Governor.  "I was so hoping he could read Chapter Three.  It's my favorite in the series so far."

"Series?" asked Vasily before he could bite the words back.

"Yes!  A work of art, not to be repeated again in this millinium!"

Before Vasily could say anything more, the Governor reached into his desk and brought out a well-worn looking book. He handed to Vasily with a strange kind of reverence, and Vasily tried not to bite his lip when he saw the cover.

In bold letters as if to cry out to the universe read:

MY STEPS TO GLORY

by Vasily Romanov
(Interpreted and Scribed by his loving wife Temperence Windsor-Smith-Romanov)

Vasily swallowed.  Oh, yes, he thought, this was a wonderful surprise.  Absolutely.  He half wondered if he could fake choking on his tongue when Temperence leaned over and fanned the pages.
"Here, sir, right here!  Chapter Three.  It's a good one, if I dare say myself!"

He tried to look away from the book, but only managed to look into the expectant meaty gaze of the governor.

Trapped.  Completely.

Still, he had to admit, there were worse things than just READING a book.  How bad could it be?

He sighed, "Alright, uh... yes..."

------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER THREE: CRUSHING THE GREENSKIN MENACE

Commander Vasily Romanov of the 1st Auric Battalion strode out of his tent.  It was a crisp morning.  Perhaps just a bit under freezing.  Some of the weedier Guardsmen were defrosting their weapons and stamping their feet, but not him.

He shook himself as icicles began to form on his uniform.  Things like weather didn't bother him.  Not when there was the enemy thereabout.  He had been hunting the Orks for weeks.

The greenskinned monsters had dared to land on his newly adopted homeworld of Auric and he knew deep within his soul that
they were afraid of him.  But, then again, who would not be?

As he began to survey the field, there was a cry of alarm.  Romanov looked over and saw that an ungainy Ork tank had somehow penetrated their lines and was coming right at the officer tent.  Guardsmen did their best to leap out of the way, much to the delight of the Xenos drivers.  But, not Romanov.

Planting his feet, he let out a great cry...

------------------------------------
Vasily paused in mid-sentence.

"Tems?  Uh, not to be a troublemaker, but I don't remember any of this..."

Temperence nodded sagely, "Yes, sir, yes.  But that's what happens after the war.  Mind goes all foggy.  Don't worry, sir, I wrote down all the best bits."

Vasily raised an eyebrow at her, and was about to say more when he saw the smile on her face.  The one that he just couldn't bear to break.

"Uh... Yes, umm.... Going on..."

Planting his feet, he let out a great cry that brought the Orks' full attention to him.  They shot out like a metal bullet full of bile and hate and raced at him full tilt.  Romanov braced himself as the vile Xenos contraption slammed into him.

A lesser man would have been crushed.  Ground into paste with nary a thought or concern.

But, not Romanov.  He was of Vostroyan blood, tempered by his upbringing on Cadia.  From his birth, he had stared into the Eye of Madness and had never once blinked.  The Orks didn't know what they had gotten themselves into.

There was a screech of metal on metal and the Orks inside the tank were thrown forward.  At first, they thought they had ran into a post or a wall, but in fact, it was much, much worse.

A tearing sound brought, their attention to the front, and one Ork popped the hatch looking down at what he thought would be a mulch of blood and bone.

But it was not.

Muscles bulging, filled with the fury and might of the Emperor, Vasily Romanov had stopped the tank.  His enormous pectorals were swollen with the effort, sweat streamed down his body with a vibrancy that would make even an Astartes tremble.  But, Romanov was not even winded.  All he knew was that the Orks had dared to try to harm his charges and that meant that their lives were forfeit.  Looking up, he saw the Ork high up on top of the tank.  With a leap bordering on super-human, the Commander threw himself at the Ork, knocking it back inside the cursed machine.

What happened inside that crowded monstrosity would curl the toes and hair of lesser men, and thus cannot be described least the very words cause permanent mental scarring of those reading it.

But, know this, that the Orks suffered like that no other living creatures could, and when he emerged, Romanov was sated.

------------------------------------------

Vasily looked up at the two listeners, who seemed quite enraptured with the tale.  Which was sort of surprising as one of them had written the bloody thing.
"Uh, so... uh... That's the chapter.  So...  We can go now?"

The Governor nodded, bobbing his head up and down with an almost frightful frequency.
"Indeed, Professor.  Indeed."

As Vasily stood up, the Govenor said, "Until next week then."

Before he could respond, Tems interjected, "We'll be here with bells on.  Right and ready."

She shot a smile at her husband and Vasily tried not to audibly moan.

Wonderful, the one thing he had hoped to avoid.  More than anything, more dangerous than any Xenos or heretic, was a little thing that could ruin you entirely: Fame.  All his life he had tried to avoid it and now it had found him.  Still, he thought to himself.  It could be worse.  It's just some book that Tems wrote.  It's completely unbelievable.  How bad could it be?
--------------------------------------

Somewhere, far out in space, an elegant finger ran down a page made of tanned slave skin.

It had cost more than a Raider, but she had gotten it translated and delivered to her humble abode.

Years had passed and she had let herself grow weak with depression, not feeling anything.  Not being anything.  Her love had disappeared.  Her spies had found nothing and she had feared the worst.

But, now, she knew.

He was still alive.

And she knew exactly where he was.

Lady D'ysperax of the Wicked Talon kabal licked her sensuous lips.

"Oh, Poppet, we are going to have a wonderful time again.  It'll be like the old days.  Better in fact.  I have so much to teach you, so much to share with you.  Mummy's coming, little one.  Just you wait.  It'll be fun..."

--------------------------------------

To be Continued?
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

Narric

Am I missing something? we seem to skip from C1 to C3.

Mabbz

I've found a grammatical error. You've put a question mark after the words "To be continued". It should be a full stop.

BigToof

Thank you all for the comments!

Quote from: Narric on November 22, 2013, 09:32:32 AM
Am I missing something? we seem to skip from C1 to C3.

Hi Narric,
It's actually a story within a story sort of deal...
Hmm, it is confusing I suppose the way it's written.
I'll put italics on the novella part.
Let me know if that helps :)

Quote from: Mabbz on November 22, 2013, 10:18:02 AM
I've found a grammatical error. You've put a question mark after the words "To be continued". It should be a full stop.

Haha, it took me a second to understand this post Mabbz.
Thank you for the kind words.
I guess this type of story is getting some fans.

Thanks again all!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

I am genuinely laughing out loud at this story, poor old Vasily up to his eyeballs in it once more.

That final part reintroducing Lady D was the masterstroke, I can't wait to read more.

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on November 22, 2013, 03:56:59 PM
I am genuinely laughing out loud at this story, poor old Vasily up to his eyeballs in it once more.

That final part reintroducing Lady D was the masterstroke, I can't wait to read more.

Thanks for the reply Cammerz!

I was getting mind-block on the batrep, so I decided to try something that I was thinking about with Vasily.
Glad it meets your approval!

Oh, and I'm surprised nobody is asking where Katya is? :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

BigToof

Chapter Two Starts here!

Comments greatly appreciated!

Best,
-BT

--------------------------------------------------------------
The Romanov Chronicles
Chapter Two: I Would Do Anything for Love...

--------------------------------------------------------------

She was getting too old for this. 

Getting old, soft, worthless. 

Her boots scraped across the ground, making more noise than it should have.  Luckily, there was no salvo of fire.

Poking her head up over the small patch of cover, once-Lord Commissar Katarina Vaskov looked at her opponent. 

A heavy footstep echoed across the reinforced flooring of the warehouse, heralding the slow and steady advance of the Servitor.  It's face was hidden by an armored mask, and a number of scars criss-crossed it's body.  But, that all paled compared to the heavy stubber that replaced the Servitor's right arm.  It turned it's head left and right mechanically before advancing again.

Katya checked her pistol again.  She hadn't tried live-fire drills for far too long.  Noone to blame but herself for the entire arrangement.  Her Flak Armor itched, but she ignored it.  At first she had thought that it had shrunk, but the more obvious answer came when she checked her weight.  She had once had whip-cord thin muscle and sinew that held her together, but an uncomfortable layer had softened her limbs and belly.  She had let her hair grow long, long enough to grab in a fight.  Her Bolt Pistol didn't even smell of a recently fired round.  Why had she let all of these changes happen?

Love?

The old Lord Commissar Katarina Vaskov would have snorted at the thought.  But, somehow, she had fallen into it.  And with Vasily Romanov of all people.  People called him a fearless legendary hero.  Katya knew better.  She had served with him on the front lines.  She had seen the look of barely withheld terror as they stared down the inhuman and monstrous.  And yet, throughout all of that, he had stayed. 

He had even personally killed one of the great villains of their regiment, a Dark Eldar Xenos that was obsessed with killing them all.  And that, perhaps, was the thing that made her accept this latest bit of insanity.

To retire.

Commissars retired when they took a shell to the face and laid cold in a ditch, not sitting on a Scholasta planet and trying to be a good wife. 

Which, Katya was sure she was not.

How could she hope to be?

She had been raised the prim and proper daughter of a Vostroyan planetary governor that wanted a son.  Her life had been ruled by military history and the arts of war.  Not cooking, cleaning and... whatever else that the women did.  And after the incident that... that had hurt her, the time in the Scholasta seemed to go by quickly.  Her hate and ferocity had impressed her teachers and the day that they gave her the greatcoat and cap was still the finest day of her life.  Second finest, she corrected herself.  After all, after nine months of suffering how could anything else...

A snapping sound brought Katya's attention to the mostly barricaded door, which gave way as a massive amount of repeated shoving slammed against it.  The Servitor leveled it's weapon and Katya swore as the door broke open.

"Who wants cookies?!"

The cheery familiar voice made Katya break into a full-on sprint and she tackled the newcomer, knocking them both to the side as the Heavy Stubber unleashed a somewhat accurate spray of fire that would have easily perforated an unarmored body.  Katya twisted herself up from the waist-high cover that she had spent days carefully arranging and fired at the Servitor's chest.  It was off-target, knocking the Servitor back, but not shutting it down.  She swore and fired again, this time on target and activating the panel behind the armored plate.  The Servitor let go with a dull wirr and lowered it's weapon, lights in it's targeting helmet going dim.

"Cor!  That was exciting!  Saved me again it looks like!  Should we make like it's a Holiday then?"

Katya snarled and looked down at the smiling face of Temperance Windsor-Smith-Romanov, her wife.  Well, technically Vasily's OTHER wife.  But, things were... complicated.  Temperance blushed and reached for Katya's face, but she pulled away, growling and yanking Temperance to her feet.

"What were you thinking?  I said not to be bothered!"

Temperance nodded, smoothing out her red apron and white dress.  The crimson ribbons in her auburn hair caught the sunlight in a pretty way and it was taking most of Katya's efforts to try to stay in an appropriate level of ire.  Tems had been her first intimate experience, though in a drunken sort of way, and for some reason, her mind hadn't yet let the entire thing go. 

Commissars weren't interested in things like that, certainly not with soft-minded fools that walked into live-fire ranges.  Granted, she hadn't told anyone that she was setting one up, but that was the point.

"Sorry about that K, but I thought you and Prudy might be getting famished.  Oh, fuddlesticks.  I suppose that they're no good now."

Katya looked down at the ground and saw the somewhat-recognizable baked goods lining the earth, crushed by her sudden intervention.

"Darya and I are doing fine.  She is safe in back."

Temperance gasped at Katya's matter-of-fact response, and Katya tried not to roll her eyes as the other woman ran toward the back of the room toward the triple-reinforced bay door.  With speed only seen in one gripped with maternal terror, Temperance leaped forward, grabbed hold of the heavy handle and threw her entire weight into the door.  The rolling door shuddered and then gave way, letting the soft glowing light inside spill out.  Katya continued to stride forward and sighed when she heard Temperance's sigh of relief.

"Oh, look K.  She's snoozing."

There, in the middle of the foot-thick triple-reinforced ceramite brick of a room was a small infant, swaddled with heavy, warm looking blankets and sound asleep.

Katya snorted in irritation, "She is Vostroyan.  Guns would not bother her."

And, she added to herself, the child probably couldn't hear much given the level of sound-proofing.  But, apparently, human voices were now quite audible.  The small child opened it's eyes and looked up at Temperance.

"Ma-ma."

Temperance squealed in glee and picked up the bundle in one swift gesture making gurgling sounds as she swiftly passed it from arm to arm.  High-pitched laughter echoed from the blankets until Katya put an arm on Temperance.  Any more of that and there would be more than just stubber shells to clean up off the floor.

"Oh, right, sorry again, K.  She's just so cute!  Look!"

Before Katya could really say anything, Temperance reached in the blankets. 

And out came Darya Prudence Romanov. 

Katya tried to keep the stern face that she had always seen her mother wear, but it was hard.  Every instinct told her to reach out and show some sign of affection, but she could not allow that.  Not as a Vostroyan and not as a Commissar.  No, her child would be made of iron.  For this was the grim reality of the 41st millennium, and no matter how...

"Ka-ka!"

A smile twitched on her face as Darya reached out for her. 

Damn me, Katya thought.  Softer and weaker all the time.

"No, no, Prudy," corrected Temperance with a wagging finger.  "She's your other mama.  Try again!  Ma-ma."

"Ka-ka."

"No, no.  Ma-ma."

"Ka-ka."

"Ma-ma."

"Ka-ka."

"...  Ka-ka?"

"Ka-ka."

"Hmm, that works in the holo-vids," said Temperance as she scratched her head.  "Don't worry, K, I'll work with her until she's calling everything Ma-ma."

Katya rolled her eyes.  Thankfully the one good thing about Temperance was her lack of depth.  What you see was what you got.  But, thankfully, all of it was good natured.  You could hardly believe that she used to jump out of the bushes and set Xenos on fire for a living.

Change was certain enough.  Perhaps, Katya thought, I should change as well. 

But, something tapped at the back of her mind.  Some insidious whisper.  Katya only hoped it was just her imagination.

---------------------------------------------------

The latch on the window was simple enough to open as a slim blade silently under it and lifted it up.  Darya Romanov certainly didn't notice as she lay surrounded by all of her stuffed friends.  The window glided open and a dark shadow of a figure silently landed in the room.  Even in the soft glow of the night light, Lady D'ysperax of the Wicked Talon Kabal was an unmistakable figure.  Breathtakingly beautiful in an alien way, she was clad in a thin layer of nightshade.  Woven by the artisans of Commeraugh, it muffled sound and rendered all but the most brazen of activities silent.  Which would be more than enough for her time here.  She looked around the room and shook her head.  Her poppet had bred without her approval.  How positively brazen.  Still, it was an opportunity that she could not miss.

She had landed on the dreary planet days before and it had taken her but a matter of hours to figure out how everything worked.  It was so peaceful, so quiet, so predictable.  Although, she had to admit, that it had taken every ounce of willpower not to kidnap Vasily when she first saw him.  He was just as she remembered, albight a bit older.  Plumper as well.  But the same.  Although not exactly the same, she had to admit.  There was no sadness, no fear, no hint of terror.  And that would not do at all.  Reaching into a small pouch at her waist, Lady D'ysperax drew out a small vial filled with a viscous green liquid. 
Hag's Tears. 

An old recipe, but a good one.  Not very good at giving anything more than a stomachache to an adult, but quietly deadly to small animals. 

And children.

Oh, she could imagine all of the excitement now.  The small body found in the morning.  The shouts, the blame thrown left and right.  The wonderful tears of pain and humiliation and shame. 

Glorious.

A single drop rolled onto her finger and she leaned into the small pen that the child slept in.  Pity that they grew so few of them.  Although, it did make each one seem so valuable.  In some ways, the child reminded her of her own son, who had long since tried to distance himself from his mother.  So sad really.  He didn't even try to attempt assassinations anymore.  Why, when he was this size she had taken time to personally teach him the art of careful throat-slitting.  But, did he care?  No, he went off and was jaunting around with Hellions.  Really, now.  But, the Mon'Keigh couldn't understand that.  They didn't have long memories.  After all, they barely lived a century and maybe, as much as it hurt, her poppet had forgotten entirely about her as well.  So, so...

And that was when she saw it embroidered onto the pillow the infant slept on.

A golden letter.

D.

The drop was rolling off her finger and it almost twisted off, but she was able to turn herself in the air, landing nimbly on the opposite foot and straddling the infant just in time.

Tears clouded her eyes. 

He didn't forget about her.  He remembered.  Her poppet remembered her.  He just knew that he couldn't breed with her, so he had done the next best thing.  He had made a child for her.  She had to be sure, though.

Dripping the poison back into it's container, Lady D'ysperax knelt down and carefully blew into the child's face.  A pair of wide eyes opened and looked directly into her own. 

There was no look of fear.  No shock.  No terror.

And then the small thing smiled at her.

"Ma-ma."

Every fiber in Lady D'ysperax soared.  He knew.  He had somehow taught the child.  She was so proud. 

Patting her child on the head, Lady D'ysperax stood up and glided back to the window.  Little D was obviously still too small for her to spirit away, and in any case, the surprise was still fresh and had to be savoured. 

Thoughts of all kinds glided through her mind. 

Possibilities were abound and oh so many wonderful doors were opening...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BigToof Points:

Mabbz

Well, that's adorable. You know, I've never really been able to get into stories set in 40k. The vast majority of 40k fiction tends to be involve really one-dimensional, "Emperor, give me the strength to smite the heretics" characters that are incredibly boring. Your characters act like real people though, with distinct and interesting personalities, making you the only 40k story writer I actually enjoy.

I eagerly await the next installment.

Narric

Haven't had a chance to read it, and will have towait until themorning for me. Replying to say Big Toof, that its best to not have tonnes of threads for the same thing. I've merged the two Romanov threads. I am personally currently ruling it as, becuase its your own thread and you're adding new content, its doesn't matter if the thread has been left dormant for several months. It also makes the Romanov story easier to read, and saves other users time trying to find the previous/next chapter.

I look forward to reading this when I have a quite hour or two :)

BigToof

Quote from: Mabbz on November 09, 2014, 12:19:48 AM
Well, that's adorable. You know, I've never really been able to get into stories set in 40k. The vast majority of 40k fiction tends to be involve really one-dimensional, "Emperor, give me the strength to smite the heretics" characters that are incredibly boring. Your characters act like real people though, with distinct and interesting personaliter, making you the only 40k story writer I actually enjoy.

I eagerly await the next installment.

Thank you so much Mabbz!

I really appreciate your comment and it's this kind of feedback that makes it all worthwhile.

I love 40k fluff, and I'm glad that I can do it proud (in one way or another :) )

Best,
-BT

Quote from: Narric on November 09, 2014, 12:57:32 AM
Haven't had a chance to read it, and will have towait until themorning for me. Replying to say Big Toof, that its best to not have tonnes of threads for the same thing. I've merged the two Romanov threads. I am personally currently ruling it as, becuase its your own thread and you're adding new content, its doesn't matter if the thread has been left dormant for several months. It also makes the Romanov story easier to read, and saves other users time trying to find the previous/next chapter.

I look forward to reading this when I have a quite hour or two :)

Thanks Narric!
I appreciate the merge, and if it'll gain me a reader of your caliber, I would take any kind of changes (as long as you don't make Lady D a Squat...  :) )  Looking forward to seeing what you think.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Archon Sharrek

Well, my thanks to Narric for merging the threads as I missed this the first time around, and reading it all here has been wonderful.

Big Toof! This is beautiful. I really have to agree with Mabbz, your characters are real people and xenos, with truly identifiable goals and fears. It's a pleasure to read, and I am man enough to admit that I teared up when Lady D didn't murder the child. I look forward to the next installment. I'm not sure how else to express my desire for more.

And maybe I'm biased, but I want to see more Dark Eldar, Lady D's introduction at the end of part one was excellent.
Taking the theme of Tau and Dark Eldar allies, and having fun with it.

"That's EVIL EMPEROR ZURGIE-BABY, TO YOU!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

"Jim-cracking Dandy!" - Evil Emperor Zurg

BigToof

Quote from: Archon Sharrek on November 09, 2014, 04:02:38 AM
Well, my thanks to Narric for merging the threads as I missed this the first time around, and reading it all here has been wonderful.

Big Toof! This is beautiful. I really have to agree with Mabbz, your characters are real people and xenos, with truly identifiable goals and fears. It's a pleasure to read, and I am man enough to admit that I teared up when Lady D didn't murder the child. I look forward to the next installment. I'm not sure how else to express my desire for more.

And maybe I'm biased, but I want to see more Dark Eldar, Lady D's introduction at the end of part one was excellent.

Thank you for the kind comments and I'm glad that the Romanovs and of course, Lady D, are getting more fans :)

The next installment is in the works.  How that one will turn out will be something to see indeed!

Thanks again,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

Well I've been a long term fan of Vasily and Lady D, she's always been the greatest antagonist in your writings and her best moments were always in the battle reports of the 1st Auric. So as you can imagine I was very pleased to see that you've added more to the Romanov Chronicles and what I read failed to disappoint as usual.

I can see Katya struggling with civilian life and I look forward to seeing our three heroes thrown back into the danger zone as Lady D's presence becomes known to them.

Can't wait to read more BT,

Job's a good un!

BigToof

Quote from: Cammerz on November 10, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Well I've been a long term fan of Vasily and Lady D, she's always been the greatest antagonist in your writings and her best moments were always in the battle reports of the 1st Auric. So as you can imagine I was very pleased to see that you've added more to the Romanov Chronicles and what I read failed to disappoint as usual.

I can see Katya struggling with civilian life and I look forward to seeing our three heroes thrown back into the danger zone as Lady D's presence becomes known to them.

Can't wait to read more BT,

Job's a good un!

Thanks for the reply Cammerz!

I wonder if one day Little D will be a character of her own.  Now that would be something to see :)

Oh, and there will be more shenanigans coming up soon.

Hopefully sooner than later...

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points: