News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

SKAVEN!

Started by SILK, January 23, 2015, 07:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SILK

Hey all! Almost done with my skaven ^_^ The manager at my local GW decided to shove them in the cabinet, despite their unfinished nature, and even took a few snaps of them :D Bases are yet to be completed, but it's a lot of work, so hopefully that can be ignored for now :D

First up is an army wide (ish) shot, missing out on the rat darts, Doomwheels and warp lightning cannons.

The warlord on bonebreaker/ warlitter. Grey seer to the left and the verminlord at the back

Stormvermin. All 60 of them. Plus the chieftain BSB that still needs his banner doing!

To do list:

Finish the basing (Static grass and edges for the most part)
Start (and hopefully finish) the 20 Poisoned wind globadier conversions
Paint said globadiers.
Warlocks - one with brass orb, one with doomrocket and another with warp condenser.
Rogre dart made from SM centurions to make clockwork, warpstone powered rat ogres!

Narric

That is an impressive horde you have there. How is your Win/Lose ratio with such a large pool of disposable rats to throw at your opponent?

Tom

They certainly look the part of a skittering horde. The stormvermin in particular look perfect. The dirty blue works surprisingly well as a contrasting colour to the greys and browns without looking too uniform. How are the bases going to be finished? Just plain sandy brown like an underground tunnel or have these rats come out from their burrows to spread disease and death above ground?

SILK

Thanks for the replies guys ^_^

Quote from: Narric on January 23, 2015, 08:10:16 PM
That is an impressive horde you have there. How is your Win/Lose ratio with such a large pool of disposable rats to throw at your opponent?

Win/Loss at the moment is sitting around the 2:1 ratio for now. Don't get to many tournaments but I do play with a cut throat group of guys and gals. And disposable is the name of the game with skaven :D

Quote from: Tom on January 23, 2015, 10:06:23 PM
They certainly look the part of a skittering horde. The stormvermin in particular look perfect. The dirty blue works surprisingly well as a contrasting colour to the greys and browns without looking too uniform. How are the bases going to be finished? Just plain sandy brown like an underground tunnel or have these rats come out from their burrows to spread disease and death above ground?

When I first put sand on the bases my house mate dubbed them "Desert Rats" so the name has sorta stuck. Probably a few patches of dead grass here and there to break the bleakness up and the odd bit of detritus. Hell, with the new end times fluff skaven are currently picking a fight with araby, so it sorta fits!

Deraj

Those rats are beautiful. I love how the rust looks alongside the blue/white color scheme. The blue and white is brilliant, especially as 2 of the only colors that really contrast with the skaven themselves. Great job!

SILK

Why thank you deraj :)

Nice to have you back, btw

Chris

Thems some Purdy rats... I like them
I love how they look regimented and ordered, yet tatty and twisted at the same time....