News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Mabbz, April 22, 2015, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

Pretty cool trailer. The little "plot twist" at the end was kinda predictable, but at the same time veryy well executed.

At some point I should try the Total War series, but I'm currently got my own games I want to play through and such :P

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Narric on April 22, 2015, 09:57:57 PM
At some point I should try the Total War series, but I'm currently got my own games I want to play through and such :P
The Total War series is awesome. I would definitely recommend starting from Rome (the first one) as the others are all, to some extent, based on that so it's a good starting point without you getting too bogged down in managing settlements/provinces etc.

As for Warhammer, I'm made up they're finally doing it. It looks awesome, and I can't believe they're actually putting in flying beasties. That's going to add a whole new element to the battles. Needless to say, my first campaign will be Dwarfs. I just need a computer that will run it now. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

pepsi

Yeah, I was wondering what was going to be up with this. Its designed to be a three part series. I continue to support the Total War series because of the cool things they add, this being the icing on the cake (big fan of shogun 2).

Sega will push the DLC agenda though, my only gripe.
www.rgdgaming.com, Helping You Find Cool Toys, Anime Movie Memorabilia, PC Games and Comics.

Cammerz

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2015/07/30/total-war-warhammer-battle-of-black-fire-pass-developer-walkthrough

The first-look footage is out, I am really liking the look of this game.

And they have directable Goblin Doom Divers, what more could you want?

Wargamer

Just a heads up on this: CA have generously cut 1/5th of the game to sell to us later! Oh, but if you buy the game sight unseen (and given how terrible their games are at launch, why would you ever do that?) they'll give it back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC1Y2pFP2ls

Seems CA adopted GW's business model along with the IP to the game.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Although, buying it upfront does allow you to get the pendant, ring and drinking horn. And a map. I'm worryingly tempted.

Having said that, it would be nice to be able to check system requirements first so that I don't end up in the same position I was with Rome II, having the game for over a year before I could actually play it. :P
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Restayvien

Post Steam IDs here if you want a game?

Mine is, as you'd expect, Restayvien.

Sorck

What's the general consensus on the game? Is it any good?

Quote from: Scout Sergeant Mkoll on October 30, 2015, 07:10:24 PM
Having said that, it would be nice to be able to check system requirements first so that I don't end up in the same position I was with Rome II, having the game for over a year before I could actually play it. :P
I've upgraded on three occasions for that reason IIRC. ;D With a GTX 970 it looks like I should have a few more years before there are games I can't play at all.

Restayvien

It's an excellent and well-recieved game, though I have played it to death a bit. I'll probably go back to it at some point (ie. if they release Skaven or Lizardmen as playable races in the Campaign)!

Sorck

Quote from: Restayvien on January 05, 2017, 03:55:10 PM
It's an excellent and well-recieved game, though I have played it to death a bit. I'll probably go back to it at some point (ie. if they release Skaven or Lizardmen as playable races in the Campaign)!
If there were a Stegadon I might just be tempted. :P

If the price lowers I might pick up a copy. Though I still haven't played much Dawn of War II (at least I finished Space Marine). Speaking of Dawn of War, DoW III ought to be coming out this year. :)

Osiris

DoW III is coming out this year @Sorck...if the pre-orders are anything to go by. However, I think one can expect to see DL being sold that should have been included in the main game release.

In regards to TW:WH - I think the game is interesting...and have played through with both the dwarves and the wood elves...but I cannot honestly say I enjoy the game. The biggest issue I have with the game is that it feels clunky, from the map design to the UI. Overall, I think it was a great attempt for the TW series to branch out and try something new, I just do not think it was done that well. Not to mention you end up spending more on the DLC than you do the actual game because everyone wants to turn a profit instead of making their customers satisfied.

In regards to multiplayer games - I tend to avoid MP these days. The chief reason is because I tend to enjoy single player campaigns because you do not tend to feel rushed in any sense of the word.

Overall, TW:WH is an interesting game, and I do have fun while playing. And I am also hoping for Lizardmen (or High Elves) to be released sooner rather than later.
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k