News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Model Repurpose Thread

Started by Narric, March 25, 2015, 12:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

This thread is for people to put forward ideas that the latest GW releases inspire. For me it would be for conversions that i can think of using the latest model kits kicked out by GW.

Latest release for fantasy includes the Khorne Wrathmongers and Skullreaver box set. My first thought is strapping a Power Armour power pack onto them, and having them as Khorne Berzerkers for 40k. The kit comes with plenty of weapon options, so potentially itting out your chosen champion could lead to a truly unique individual.

Skarr Bloodwrath also could work as a heavily combat focused Khorne Lord.

Another conversion idea was for the Dark Elf Shadowblade. I see a very good base for an Archon with either Djinn Blades or with a pin vice to hand a Husk Blade. The slot that forms the scenary of the base seems to also be the corrct size to easily switch to a 25mm slottabase, so the conversion could be quite painless (unfortunately).

What other ideas have recent releases inspired in others? Have you gone through with your conversion plans as well?

Lord Witherfume

I almost think that the new models are too big for berserkers. I think that due to their stances, they would need to be mounted on terminator bases. I think they would make great khorne themed chaos spawn though!

I would like to play a slaanesh chaos marine army, and use the witch elves from fantasy as cultists.
â€Ã...“It’s a lot harder to agree with something than disagree.â€Ã,

Narric

The easiest solution is simple say they're artscale. That also allows you to model details onto them with a bit more creative freedom, especially considering they're Chaos. Also, remember GW seem to be pushing for larger infantry models to be on 32mm bases, so it may not look too out of place.

For only ten models, £35 seems increadibly steep for cultists. You could get near twice as many Slaanesh marines for that much. However, I can see how the look works, and it would certainly add some variety to the cultists that are played.

Masked Thespian

Not so much a recent model release, but I've had a bit of a hankering of late to convert the Dark Elf Dreadlord on Black Dragon's Dragon into Nicol Bolas, a villainous Dragon Planeswalker from Magic: The Gathering.  You can see what that character looks like here or here.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of any Warhammer Fantasy Armies with a Dragon special character who can cast magic?   ;)
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Lord Witherfume

Warriors of Chaos, Galrauch the chaos dragon/Lord of change hybrid.

I think that if I am building an army, I am already spending a slew of money. I see no real big deal in spending a bit more money to have units looks cool and unique. I think it'd just be cool to have those models as cultists, it would definitely fit the Slaanesh aesthetic. :)
â€Ã...“It’s a lot harder to agree with something than disagree.â€Ã,

Narric

Am I the ony one that sees the Sicaran Ruststalkers/Infiltrators and thinks:
"Those would make a great basefor custom Dark Eldar Grotesques."

Cost for cost, the Sicaran gives you five models for £28 with plenty of conversion parts and plastic. For two grotesque models you'd pay £30, and have very limited conversion options. The only downside is the Sicaran models would require a lot of greenstuff msucle/flesh "grafted" onto them to look more organic.

Begel Dverl

Quote from: Narric on April 03, 2015, 11:16:12 PM
Am I the ony one that sees the Sicaran Ruststalkers/Infiltrators and thinks:
"Those would make a great basefor custom Dark Eldar Grotesques."

Cost for cost, the Sicaran gives you five models for £28 with plenty of conversion parts and plastic. For two grotesque models you'd pay £30, and have very limited conversion options. The only downside is the Sicaran models would require a lot of greenstuff msucle/flesh "grafted" onto them to look more organic.
Looking at them, they seem too small to be Grotesques, but may qualify as Wracks...

Now, those Nurgle Blightknights, on the other hand, I think those would make good grotesques.