Post up. Decision time. Going flat out (18" a turn, but no shooting), Maria and co. can escape fairly easily. The Hammerhead would get a single shot on them as they flee, and they can jink. Downside is that the Tau would then secure the entrance to the base before Hertius and McTavish can get there. By sticking around for a turn, they risk getting shot a bit more, but they could slow the Tau down a bit and kill some fire warriors, hopefully giving you a window to escape.
Quick reminder of a few things that could benefit you:
- Skimmers can pass freely over terrain.
- Devilfish's can tank shock.
- Wexler can fire a full Bs provided the fish moves 6" or less.
- Laser fence posts can be destroyed (T:7, W:2, Sv:3+).
- Killing the Fireblade is a secondary objective, so I'll give you a bonus if you manage it.