News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Bonus Karma Fortnight! OPEN (17/Feb - 3/March)

Started by Thantos, June 17, 2012, 04:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thantos

The weather is awful! (unless your an aussie!) Rain, floods, wind, snow - its never been a better time to stay nice and warm inside, stick some of your favorite tunes on and do some painting.

So its time again for Bonus Karma Fortnight! (previously called Super Mega Ultra Karma Win Duo Weeks, this sounded a bit too much like an Asian gameshow...)

So what happens is during the dates of 17/Feb to the 3/March karma is up for grabs on three levels.
You can only score in each level once. If you hit a higher level first (like straight to level three, you get karma for the previous level 2 also! ie: 5 karma!!!)

Level 1 - 1 Karma Point
- Post a finished single miniature of any type.
or
- Post a cool converted miniature.
or
- Finish a single miniature in your project log.
or
- Start a new Project Log with some form of progress.

Level 2 - 2 Karma Points
- Post a finished squad unit, Monstrous Creature or Vehicle (5 or more minis are in a squad)
or
- Post a cool converted squad unit, MC or Vehicle (5 or more minis in a squad)
or
- Post either of these things in your Project Log
or
- Write a helpful Tutorial with images in the Tutorials section

Level 3 - 3 Karma Points
- Post a finished army in Showcase with each unit individually photographed, make it good viewing! :P

So there is plenty to do to grab those points!
Minis cant have been seen before on this forum, so no reposting (sorry guys gotta draw the line somewhere)

Post up here with your plans, and also so this topic remains active so more people see it! ;)

Happy Hobbies!

Will's on Fire

I wish I was going to be able to finish the Chapter Banner Sanguinary Guard model in a fortnight. Actually sixth form finishes, so I might! I'm up for this, certainly going to try for level 1. Don't think I'll manage anything more than that. Although if I find time I can try and do a Sanguinary Priest, which would be a full unit. (kinda)

- Will

Vyper

So if I post up a fully painted MC, like the quite awesome one I have sat right next to me, does that count as both levels 1 and 2? You lost me. :P

Thantos

Quote from: Sanguinius on June 17, 2012, 06:27:03 PM
So if I post up a fully painted MC, like the quite awesome one I have sat right next to me, does that count as both levels 1 and 2? You lost me. :P

Yep, :P If you jump in at a higher level, you get points for the previous level too! So jump in at level two gets 3 karma, jump in level 3 gets 5 karma!
Or play it safe and start at level one, then two and then 3, for 6 karma in total :P

Sometimes my schemes require diagrams  ::) lol

Vyper

Quote from: Thantos on June 17, 2012, 06:40:57 PM
Quote from: Sanguinius on June 17, 2012, 06:27:03 PM

Yep, :P If you jump in at a higher level, you get points for the previous level too! So jump in at level two gets 3 karma, jump in level 3 gets 5 karma!
Or play it safe and start at level one, then two and then 3, for 6 karma in total :P

Sometimes my schemes require diagrams  ::) lol

Well I'll try and grab some pictures, post them up and then we'll go from there.  :P

kingofmonkeys

well I guess it's time to bust out my brushes again i've been meaning to for some time

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Narric

I might do this. depends on if I can keep my mind of Warhammer long enough :P

Cool Idea, and hopefully this can become a regular/monthly thing :P

Will's on Fire

For a squad, does the entire squad have to be have not been posted in the forum? If I've already posted 4 out of the 5 finished, and am just going to be finishing the last guy off, does that count?

- Will

Thantos

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on June 17, 2012, 08:01:33 PM
For a squad, does the entire squad have to be have not been posted in the forum? If I've already posted 4 out of the 5 finished, and am just going to be finishing the last guy off, does that count?

- Will

Oh OK, go on then :P Since your BAs are so awesome ;)

Quote from: kingofmonkeys on June 17, 2012, 07:44:39 PM
well I guess it's time to bust out my brushes again i've been meaning to for some time
Mission successful ^-^

Quote from: Narric on June 17, 2012, 07:54:36 PM
I might do this. depends on if I can keep my mind of Warhammer long enough :P

Cool Idea, and hopefully this can become a regular/monthly thing :P
Regular perhaps, but not monthly, else there may be too much karma flying about! Take advantage while you can! ;)

Vyper

Sorck

You are sadly asking for my Imperial Guard to be photographed. o.O

At least I now have a digital camera at my disposal. ;D

Carrelio

Does level 3 require us to paint a whole new army?  Or just finish off what we've got... because the first I can do and even planned to accomplish by the 21st (tournament day!), the second I cannot.

Rej

Well this is convinient.

Here's a Landraider I recently finished!

http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,148218.0.html

And I'll aim to get pics of my Crimson Fists force, most of which has turned up in my old now obliterated project log, but I've never done the full army showcase, Unit by Unit Rundown with pictures. So it should be fun! I'll add in as much fluff as I can.
Phew...

kingofmonkeys

now when you say completed unit does that mean it has to be based?

Quote from: Minako on February 22, 2007, 04:43:31 PM
I'll be under your bed!! So watch out! I poke!
#15 to the new world

Zen

Gonna finish up my Medieval French by painting 6 bases worth of Men-at-Arms (4 15mm models each) before basing all of my units.

Also, gonna paint up my 2 B29 Super-Fortresses for an upcoming Korean War air combat game while I got 6 F4 Phantoms and 2 B52 Strato-Fortress (plus a few more other planes) for Vietnam War and 6 Sea Harriers for Falkland War.

There's an American Infantry Squad that I need to finish up; paint up 4 more models then base all of them.

That's the plan so far. Hope you're fine with non-GW stuff :)