I thought I'd have a go at bringing Imperial Stormtroopers into Rogue Trader. I've tried to cover all the bases and allow for every possible combination of Stormtrooper, old and new.Imperial Stormtrooper Squad: 110pts
1 Sergeant (champion), 8 Stormtroopers and 2 special weapon Stormtroopers.Equipment:
Sergeant: Lasgun, laspistol, hand weapon, communicator, flak armour.
Stormtroopers: Lasgun, laspistol, hand weapon, communicator, flak armour.
Special weapon Stormtroopers: Flamer, laspistol, hand weapon, communicator, flak armour.Options:
Hell Weapons:Hell Weapons are advanced lasers produced by the Adeptus Mechanicus for exclusive use by the elite Stormtroopers of the Schola Progenia. These are overcharged weapons with reinforced barrels, and are typically fed from back-mounted power packs. Due to the increased strain on the weapon, Hell weapons burn out quite quickly and require regular replacement of barrels and firing chambers to prevent malfunction. However, when at peak condition they are some of the deadliest weapons in the Imperium's armoury, able to lay down a searing barrage of high energy fire. A squad of Stormtroopers equipped with these weapons are more than a match for all but the toughest of foes.Hellgun:
- The squad may be given Hot-Shot packs at +10pts.
- The squad may upgrade their flak armour to Assault armour at +30pts.
- The squad may replace their lasguns with Auto-guns (free), shotguns with solid and scatter shells (free) or Hellguns (+10pts), and/or replace their laspistols with Hellpistols (+5pts).
- The squad may be given up to two of the following grenade types: blind (+10pts), choke (+5pts), crack (+20pts), frag (+10pts), smoke (+5pts), stumm (+10pts).
- The squad may be equipped with grav-chutes at +10pts.
- The sergeant may make a roll on the Stormtrooper Field table at +5pts, and/or the Stormtrooper additional weapons table at +5pts.
- Alternatively, the Sergeant may replace his weapons for a hand weapon, bolter, plasma pistol and bio-scanner at +9.5pts.
- Any special weapon Stormtrooper may replace their flamer with one of the following: shuriken catapult (free), needle gun (free), plasma gun (+4pts/model), melta-gun (+5pts/model), heavy stubber (+8pts/model), grenade launcher (+12pts/model), heavy bolter (+15pts/model) or missile launcher with frag and super-crack missiles (+30pts/model).
Assault armour: Designed for the most brutal close quarter action, assault armour is composed of thick carapace plates and includes advanced systems.
Assault armour is a sealed
suit of armour and grants a 4+ saving throw and includes a respirator, communicator and auto-senses. It also contains a suspensor. However, the armour is not powered, and thus confers a -1" movement penalty on the wearer.Hot-shot packs:
Hot-shot packs are specialised, overcharged energy cells designed for use with laser weapons. Each pack contains a single shot, but they deliver a devastating punch that can drop all but the toughest of targets. A lasgun or laspistol loaded with Hot Shot rounds has a Strength of 4 and a -2 save modifier. However, because the cells are only good for one shot, they are Slow
and can never benefit from Following Fire
. Hellguns and Hellpistols, being essentially more powerful las-weapons, can also use Hot-shot packs. Players should declare at the start of the movement phase whether they are loading Hot-shot packs, and which weapons they are loading them into.
GLORIOUS RANDOM TABLES!
For those who love them some random tables, here they are! Note: If randomly generating units, roll for the equipment and pay the price listed in the Rogue Trader rulebook. If a roll is purchased from the army list, no additional cost is incurred - simply roll for the equipment the model receives.Stormtrooper additional weapons table:
Stormtrooper field table:
Random Stormtrooper Squad:
A squad of Stormtroopers consists of 1 sergeant (personality), 7 stormtroopers and 2 special weapon stormtroopers equipped with hand weapons, plus one of the following from each table:Armour:
Sergeant + Stormtroopers only.
* = Includes Hot Shot Packs.
** = Includes solid and scatter shotgun shells.Grenades:
D3-1 rolls on the grenades table (see Rogue Trader rulebook).Pistols:
special weapon Stormtroopers only.
* = Includes frag and crack grenades.
** = Includes frag and super-crack missiles.
Squad has a 75% of having grav chutes.Personality Gear:
Sergeant is a personality. Make one roll on the stormtrooper additional weapons table. 50% of a field (roll on stormtrooper fields table). May have bionics (01-90: 0, 91-95: 1, 96-99: 2, 00: 3).