News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Silent dagger chapter codex

Started by Naoki the curseblood99, January 29, 2017, 07:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naoki the curseblood99

I'm sorry that i made those mistakes
but i thank you for allowing to see my errors
that is why i wanted to have others assist me
i thank you for your support
so far i've made that the aualyans have several mutations

Naoki the curseblood99

i have came up with mutations that the aqualyans have develloped such as
powerful senses of sight and smell
able to survive in hot or cold temperatures of water
they can breath both air and water
there is more water in an aqualyan than a human
their entire skeleton is made out of cartilage 
their teeth are made for a mostly carnivorous diet
their hair is naturally blond and their eyes are blue
they are ambush hunters preferring to stalk their prey

Mabbz

Quote from: Naoki the curseblood99 on February 07, 2017, 11:36:22 AM
I have came up with mutations that the aqualyans have developed such as:
- powerful senses of sight and smell
- able to survive in hot or cold temperatures of water
- they can breath both air and water
- there is more water in an aqualyan than a human
- their entire skeleton is made out of cartilage 
- their teeth are made for a mostly carnivorous diet
- their hair is naturally blond and their eyes are blue
- they are ambush hunter preferring to stalk their prey
Ok, so from reading this (and from talking with my fiance, who's studying Zoo Biology at uni) I'd say that in rules terms this would translate to Acute Senses, Amphibious, -1T and possibly -1S.

I think the next step is to decide work on individual units. Could you make a rough list of all the units you'd want to include in the codex, along with some idea of how they might work rules-wise?

For example:
Blade chieftain (Space marine captain with Aqualyan rules and options)
Wise chieftain (Space marine librarian, Aquamancy discipline)
Far blades (Space marine devastators, with some tau weapon options)

Naoki the curseblood99

i was actually going to say they have night vision but miss said  it
also good ideas but this chapter actually doesn't have any thing like tactical marines preferring to keep either out of sight or highly mobile
could you give me advice on making new characters?

Naoki the curseblood99

plus i made a character
Naoki                  Points 90
Naoki is a loner stalking battlefields across the galaxy hunting down which ever foes are wanted dead by the chapter be they corrupt politicians, bloodthirsty daemons, cruel xenos and crazed chaos worshipers, all will be found and killed. He is a true outcast now one of Narsi's otherworldly servants after his death in the battle of Hypeirus now back from the grave and spared from the fate of his tribe he now seeks nothing more than bring death to both Narsi's and the Emperor's foes.
Naoki            WS BS S T W I A Sv Ld              Unit type:            unit composition:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             -                       4   7    4 4  2 6 2 4+ 8         infantry (character)       1 (unique)
Wargear:
bolt pistol
blind grenades
close combat weapon
ghost camouflage
stalker armour
Special rules:
And they shall know no fear
Aqualyan mutations
Born of night   
Dead eye: A unit with this rule has the precision shots rule and on rolls of 6 the shot has the instant death rule
Independent character
Infiltrate
Outcast
Move through cover
Narsi's servant
Scout
Chapter relic:
Narsi's gift: This modified aqualyan boltgun utilises xeno technology and is made out of the same materials as the rest of the chapter's gear, it has been designed for an aqualyan to wield. It is capable of using a variety of rounds in Naoki's hands, warlords, traitors, xenos, sorcerers and daemonic abominations will meet their end.   
Range    Strength       AP          Type
    35"          -         4   Rapid fire Sniper Rending, Shred, Gets hot!

•   Options: this unit can take the following:
-Special Issue Ammunition--------------20pts
                  -Hunting rounds----------------------------35pts

Narric

Lets clean up this unit entry :3

Quote from: Naoki the curseblood99 on February 07, 2017, 12:47:16 PM
Naoki is a loner stalking battlefields across the galaxy hunting down which ever foes are wanted dead by the chapter be they corrupt politicians, bloodthirsty daemons, cruel xenos and crazed chaos worshipers, all will be found and killed. He is a true outcast now one of Narsi's otherworldly servants after his death in the battle of Hypeirus now back from the grave and spared from the fate of his tribe he now seeks nothing more than bring death to both Narsi's and the Emperor's foes.
Naoki                              90 Points
   WSBSSTWIALdSvUnit TypeUnit Composition
Naoki474426284+Infantry1 (unique)

Wargear:

• bolt pistol
  • blind grenades
  • close combat weapon
  • ghost camouflage
  • stalker armour

Special Rules:

• And they shall know no fear
  • Aqualyan mutations
  • Born of night
  • Dead eye: A unit with this rule has the precision shots rule and on rolls of 6 the shot has the instant death rule
  • Independent character
  • Infiltrate
  • Outcast
  • Move through cover
  • Narsi's servant
  • Scout
Chapter relic:
Narsi's gift: This modified aqualyan boltgun utilises xeno technology and is made out of the same materials as the rest of the chapter's gear, it has been designed for an aqualyan to wield. It is capable of using a variety of rounds in Naoki's hands, warlords, traitors, xenos, sorcerers and daemonic abominations will meet their end.   
Range    Strength       AP          Type
    35"          -         4   Rapid fire, Sniper, Rending, Shred, Gets hot!

Options:
this unit can take the following:
  • Special Issue Ammunition__20pts
  • Hunting rounds___________35pt

My main thought here is that is a lot of special rules. It may be better to create a Nested special rule for the character. A nested rule simply uses one line to state the character has a collection of other rules. In this case it would be things specific to the Silent Daggers.

Also, unless I am mistaken, Independant Characters already have the Dead Eye rule by default, and so specifying it is redundant.

That Relic is a little bit overpowered, I think. It has a case of "Keyword Soup" where it has a lot of rules that may not all work together. For instance I don't think I've ever seen a Rapid Fire Sniper weapon in the game before. Sniper Rifles aren't usually known for benefiting a sniper at close range of on the move, so this should already be changed to a Heavy 2 weapon if you're really wanting those two shots. benefit is you get max range on both shots, the downside is your character has to remain stationary, as a sniper should. Sniper already confers rending, which itself is only useful against vehicles and high armoured targets. Shred will almost garauntee a wound, but again I think its redundant alongside the sniper rule. Also, the Range should be a multiple of 6", as Mabbz said earlier.[/list]

Naoki the curseblood99

i agree with you on the weapons rules it is rather OP
even with the gets hot rule
i was thinking it could have a jamming rule
i fear Naoki could be considered a mary sue
narsi is the godess of night and water
she is worshiped by aqualyans to return the favor of their survival by her adaptation blessed onto them
she taught them the ways of stealth and secrecy
also the chapter is very skilled in fighting on death worlds
aqualyans are very agile and flexible moving in very unpredictable ways
here's some of the profiles in mind
SILENT DAGGER PROFILES
Profile                      WS   BS   S      T     W      I      A     Ld       Sv
Blade chieftain          7      6     4       3     4       7     5      10        3+
Blade lord                 6      5     4       3     3       6     4      10        3+
Loyal chieftain           6      5     4       3     3       5     4      10        3+
Loyal blade                5      4     4       3     2       5     3      10        3+
Wise chieftain            6      5     4       3     3       5     4      10        3+
Wise one                   5      4     4       3      2       5     3      10        3+
Forge chieftain           5      6     4       3     3       5     4      10        2+
Blade forge                4      5     4       3      2      5      3      10        2+ 
Bone chieftain            5      5     4       3     2        5      3      10        3+
Bone mender             4      4    4       3      1        5      2       9         3+
Chief guard alpha       4      4     4       3      1       5     3       9         3+
Chief guard                 4     4     4       3      1      5     2         9          3+
Sky blade alpha           4     4     4       3      1      5     2       9         3+
Sky blade                     4     4     4       3      1      5     1       8         3+
Far blade alpha             4     4     4       3      1       5     2       9           3+
Far blade                       4     4     4       3      1       5     1       8           3+
Blade watch alpha         4     4     4       3      1       5     2       9           4+
Blade watch                   4      4     4      3     1       5     2       9           4+
Blade guide alpha           4      4     4      3     1       5      2       9           4+
Blade guide                     4      4     4      3     1       5      1       8           4+
Outcast                           5      5     4      3      2      6      2       9           4+

Naoki the curseblood99

could you make any suggestions on what the trials should be?
also is there a way i can improve the mask of silence?
additionally aqualyans have slits for pupils instead of the average human ones similar to a cats eyes