News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

First Tau 6th Edition FAQ up

Started by Pottsey, June 30, 2012, 10:37:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsaneTD

FAQ replaces that discription Zambia. Replaces the whole thing actually.

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Tybalt Defet on July 01, 2012, 11:27:19 AM
FAQ replaces that discription Zambia. Replaces the whole thing actually.

I stand corrected then :P
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Farseer Del

It seems to me GW may have just looked at it referring to the target priority thing and decided this was a good way to ruin the split-fire trick as well. I'd like to think this was incompetence rather than malice, but it's just a bad sign. Sixth should probably have been a third-esque redo, but instead we have a whole range of nerfs, buffs, new rules and confusion to work through.

And given that we still had lingering confusion over some things from FOURTH edition I'm not too confident that a fix will come, or if it does I wager the fix will make no friggin' sense like the Plasma Siphon.

InsaneTD

To be honest, I rarely if ever used Target locks on anything but my armour anyway. I still want to read the rules but I think I'm gonna really start picking the game back ip.

Carrelio

I will miss target locks a lot... I had 2 for every broadside squad and 1 for every deathrain squad... now I don't... other issues I have with this change are that sniper drones now have to fire at the same unit as the marker did (though they don't have to use that marker light token...), same issue with pathfinder rail rifle teams (though I never took these anyways).  Stealth suits with fusion blasters are a little less effective because we can no longer target a vehicle with the blaster while shooting up a nearby squad with the rest of the team (and not wasting shots!).

One thing I have been considering is taking an eldar farseer as an ally, since the divination powers work great with Tau.

Also... new rules to outflanking could have our IC battlesuits teaming up with stealth suits for the outflank if we rolled up for it on the warlord table.  Which is kind of coo... not something to be relied upon... but cool.

Edit: Did anyone else notice that Farsight now has one of the strongest power weapons in the game... since it wasn't FAQed it still just straight up ignores armour.  Take that marines!

Narric

I'm going to try and offer a silver lining to these changes (and copy/paste this to other races aswell)

Target Locks were 5pts a piece. Taking Carrelio's description of a list (assuming three units of BS, and 3 DR units) thats 30pts now loose for other things in the army. We may find that certain lists work better, as other options are either better fit, or are no-longer useless.

Thats the silver lining, now heres something to think about (the salty sugar in the silver spoon).
We curently don't know what a 6th Ed codex is going to contain, norhow it would be written, nor which race it'll even be for when the first comes out.

Quote from: Carrelio on July 01, 2012, 02:43:15 PM
Edit: Did anyone else notice that Farsight now has one of the strongest power weapons in the game... since it wasn't FAQed it still just straight up ignores armour.  Take that marines!
I noticed that the moment I saw some of the rules that 6th came out with.

5 S5 I10 attacks on the charge, which are equivelant to Monstrous Creature Attacks? Yep, sounds like Tau :P

The Man They Call Jayne

It's a "Power Weapon" with a name. Does that not automatically count as being AP3 with 2d6 against Vehicles?
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Carrelio

It's not a power weapon, no where in the entry or FAQ does it say the words power weapon, it just says it ignores armour and rolls 2D6+5 against vehicles

But why is Farsight striking at I10 Narric?

The Man They Call Jayne

Ah right. Awesome. Not sure if it was just the wording but some part of me always thought that because of the mix of 4th ed codex and 5th ed rules that it would hit at Strength + 2d6 + 5. I know it doesnt, but the way its written 2d6+5 seems like the modifier to the Strenght.

Narric

Quote from: Carrelio on July 01, 2012, 08:36:36 PM
It's not a power weapon, no where in the entry or FAQ does it say the words power weapon, it just says it ignores armour and rolls 2D6+5 against vehicles

But why is Farsight striking at I10 Narric?
Here be thread of Discussion - http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,148240.0.html

Carrelio

Sorry man, but outside of vespid, all our suits and drones are unit type: Infantry (Jetpack), which does not have the hammer of wrath special rule allowing us to make a single I10 attack the turn we assault, but instead allows us to J-S-J.

The Man They Call Jayne

Are we not Jump Infantry (Jetpack)?

Carrelio

Narric

I'm going to quote that info from the Errata, for refrence purposes for this thread. If a Mod wishes me to take it down, I will.

Nah, you're good.  It's pertinent to the conversation, and is in a readily accessible document.  - MT.

Quote from: Tau Empire FAQ and Errata for 6th ed V1.0
Commander, Unit Type
Change Unit Type to Infantry (Jetpack, Character)

Crisis Bodyguard Team & Crisis Battlesuit Team, Unit Type
Change Unit Type to Infantry (Jetpack)

Crisis Battlesuit Team, Unit Type
Change Team Leader/Shas'ui Unit Type to Infantry (Jetpack, Character)

Stealth Team, Unit Type
Change Team Leader/Shas'ui Unit Type to Infantry (Jetpack, Character)

Gun Drone Squadron, Unit Type

Farsight and Shadowsun same as Commander

Hopefully that clears things up, and informs people not otherwise in the know.

The Man They Call Jayne

Darn, well thats kinda sucky then.