News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

6th Ed FAQ

Started by Will's on Fire, June 30, 2012, 03:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will's on Fire

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat440134a&categoryId=1000018&section=&pIndex=1&aId=3400019&start=2&multiPageMode=true

Some really good things some okay things and some things that don't seem to actually be changes...

I think Flash Gits might be worth taking now, they ignore cover!

KFF is only a 5+ save though, which is a shame.

Really looking forward to using my Warbikers in games now, Nobs are now T5 not 4 (5), which should be useful.

Can't wait to get in my first games of 6th ed.

What do you think, anything that really stands out?

- Will

El ShasOcho

digging bracketed T being actual now. Makes deff koptas more useful as they are much tougher to ID which happened a lot to me.

No more 4+ cover from KFF for vehicles is kind of a bummer.
Flash gitz ignoring cover is nice. Wondered what they would get with free pre-measuring. Was a bit worried they would get nothing, but that is a nice little buff for them.

Also excited for 6th to start. Should be great fun!

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

BigToof

Tankbustas are now awesome as well.
They only have to fire if there is a vehicle within 24", otherwise they can fire on other things... like MARINES.

Meks can repair a hull point per repair roll, so the wagons are hardier than land raiders!

Nob Bikerz are BACK!  They can link with the Boss (skilled rider) for an additional +1 cover save, giving them a massive boost to survivability.  They can't be doubled out by missiles, lascannons or even POWER FISTS.  And can take FNP on them too.

We now have our anti-TH/SS squad.

I can see the new meta being Nob Bikerz, Dakka Jets and a Farseer behind a rock for Runes.

Best,
-BT

P.S.  Yeah, I'm probably maining Orks for a while.  Grumgutz is comin' back!
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

El ShasOcho

Something I saw on warseer: There is absolutely nothing that says you can't use bomb squigs on fliers.

Just saying. Totally unrealistic and its possible I am missing something, but that would be quite awesome.

Guess I better pick up some nob bikers then, as they seem pretty awesome now with base T5.

Scoutfox

I hate that my Kommandos cannot assault the turn they come in. They are too fragile to hang out for a round. Looks like I'll have to find another use for them, maybe small rock kit squads infiltrating.

I have a box of boar boys that have been waiting to be converted to Snakbite nob bikers. Perhaps that will be my next project after I finish up my kannons and adding more guns to my fighta bomma/dakka jet.

Looking forward to looting my unbuilt Tau stuff for nice Orkified allies.

BigToof

Just finished off my first set of 6th ed games, and I have to tell you:
Orks are suprisingly dominant.
Massive shooting makes snapfire not that bad, and Nob Bikers...  OH the Nob Bikers...
I'm going to write a rep soon, but please, don't take my word for it.
Sixth just feels better.
Mech is really more vulnerable for light vehicles, yet AR14 vehicles can take a suprising beating (as long as you aren't shooting gauss at them anyway...)
I can see 6th really becoming more an infantry based game, especially with all of the challenges and what-not.
Oh, and Farseers are FUN.  :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz

I need to ask this BT, is Lorilune reverting to her former Eldar self?

Please say yes.

BigToof

Maybe...  but just because you asked for it :)

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

El ShasOcho

Guess I was ahead of the curve with footslogging boy squads. Really happy about T5 koptas, if they weren't competing with dakkajets for FOC slots I would run like 8 of them at 1750. That siad with expanded FOC at 2000+ my FA will be loaded up.

Shame kans are down a bit as I love my scratch build guys from paint pots and resin barrels. Oh well. What do we think will fill up our HS slots now? I know various nobs, lootas and burnas for elites, and various flying stuff in FA for me at least, but HS seems unsure with kans being down a bit.

Cammerz

Quote from: Brother Perturabo on July 03, 2012, 09:44:47 PM
What do we think will fill up our HS slots now? I know various nobs, lootas and burnas for elites, and various flying stuff in FA for me at least, but HS seems unsure with kans being down a bit.

I reckon that Flash Gitz will be present in a few more armies given that they ignore cover saves.
I also think that Deff Dreads will do okay, it still won't be easy to damage them, especially in close combat.

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Looted wagons with boomguns. Brittle as gretchin-engineered glass, but if that thing gets a direct hit - marine squads disappear!

Thats how i filled my HS slots in 5th :P (1 squad of kans and 2 looted wagons, used mek so i could take dread as troops)
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun