News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Dark Eldar 1750 List. In the light of 6th.

Started by Rej, July 05, 2012, 03:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rej

Hey.

Tinkered around with some lists today to see how things are really. Hopefully play a game tomorrow with the new rules.

Anyway, heres the main list.

[HQ]

Archon: 160pts
-Shadowfield
-Blaster
-CCW
-Djin Blade
-Combat Drugs
-Phantasm Grenade Lancher

[Elites]

Incubi x4: 154pts
>Venom
-Extra Splinter Cannon

Incubi x5: 176pts
>Venom
-Extra Splinter Cannon

[Troops]

Kabalite Warriorsx10: 195pts
-Blaster
-Splinter Cannon
>Raider
-Splinter Racks
-Flicker Field

-Blaster
-Splinter Cannon
>Raider
-Splinter Racks
-Flicker Field

-Blaster
-Splinter Cannon
>Raider
-Splinter Racks
-Flicker Field

Wychx5: 125pts
-Haywire Grenades
> Venom
-Extra Splinter Cannon

Wychx5: 125pts
-Haywire Grenades
> Venom
-Extra Splinter Cannon

[Fast Attack]

Reaversx3: 81pts
-Heat Lance

[Heavy Support]

Ravager: 115pts
-Flickerfield

-Flickerfield

-Flickerfield

[Total] 1751pts

So what do you think? I'll give you a general vibe of how I want things to work.
Basically the armies split into 2 parts. Things that open transports and things that kill things that fall out of transports.
Ravagers and Wyches fall into the opening, everything else falls into the killing. (Of course this is fairly simplified, the enemy has more then just boxes with men in them, Ravagers will probably look to neutralise enemy heavy weapons/vehicles/tanks while the rest of my force get in position to start opening boxes).
And yeah, the Reavers are there to annoy, distract, do what they feel like, look cool. You know, the usual.

And As soon as i get it painted a Razorwing Jetfighter will replace one of the Ravagers, plus tinkering to fit it in.

I also wrote up to other lists, the core is the same, but in one, no Incubi or Reavers and instead 3 squads of Blasterborn in Venoms. That list seems like it might work better, but its a little nasty and I like my Incubi.

And the other list there are less Incubi, No reavers and Instead 15 hellions. It seems like it would be fun and I'll probably try it out.

And then theres a 4th list that pushes the points up, loses some Kabalites and adds a Haemo with WWP for the hellions and Reavers. Not sure about it though, I wish I could assault out of a WWP.

But right now I'm mainly looking at the Core of my list, trying to get a good foundation at the start of 6th. So thoughts please?
Phew...

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Why take flickers on the ravs - you get 5+ jink saves anyway because you're a skimmer. Take Night Shields instead ;)

Otherwise looks really good to be honest, though i dont know how 5 wyches will go in combat - will the amount remaining after overwatch be enough to hurt a squad?

Zambia
Quote from: Narric on August 15, 2011, 12:09:07 AM
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD
Quote from: Greg Mun

Rej

Hahaha, of course! I'm just so used to adding the flickerfields on m vehicles automatically now! Well thats a few points saved, what to do what to do... oh yeah, night shields. Ha. Excellent.

And the Wyches are not going to be going for squads, Haywire grenades got really good with hullpoints being removed on a glance. 3+ to hit and then anything other then a 1 is removing a hullpoint. No vehicle would stand up to a full a squad...
Phew...

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Rej on July 05, 2012, 12:28:52 PM
Hahaha, of course! I'm just so used to adding the flickerfields on m vehicles automatically now! Well thats a few points saved, what to do what to do... oh yeah, night shields. Ha. Excellent.

And the Wyches are not going to be going for squads, Haywire grenades got really good with hullpoints being removed on a glance. 3+ to hit and then anything other then a 1 is removing a hullpoint. No vehicle would stand up to a full a squad...

Do grenades still need 6s to hit a dread in combat though?
You make it sound like it could be wearing a top-hat and monocle, but for the sole reason it'd have been painted by Gareth that it would still look terrifying........I have to say I agree. XD

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Lord Zambia on July 05, 2012, 09:38:35 AM
Why take flickers on the ravs - you get 5+ jink saves anyway because you're a skimmer. Take Night Shields instead ;)
Flickerfields are still useful in the event of not getting first turn, combat etc.

Quote from: Lord Zambia on July 05, 2012, 12:37:42 PM
Do grenades still need 6s to hit a dread in combat though?
No. Grenades now hit walkers on WS in combat. :D
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

AFAIK, Flickers only work against shooting, not in combat or against terrain tests. (I wish they did, but it got FAQ'd). Secondly, if you deploy your vehicles so that your opponent can shoot at it in turn 1 without it being 25% obscured (to get 5+ Cover) then you deserve to have it die. ;)

And that's awesome about grenades, gonna take tankbustas in every game now with my orks :D

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Lord Zambia on July 05, 2012, 11:26:52 PM
AFAIK, Flickers only work against shooting, not in combat or against terrain tests. (I wish they did, but it got FAQ'd). Secondly, if you deploy your vehicles so that your opponent can shoot at it in turn 1 without it being 25% obscured (to get 5+ Cover) then you deserve to have it die. ;)

And that's awesome about grenades, gonna take tankbustas in every game now with my orks :D
Flickerfield is an invulnerable save, you get it against anything which causes a glancing or penetrating hit. ;)
Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

Naser Al-Istikhara Cyrus

Quote from: Warmaster Russ on July 05, 2012, 11:28:51 PM
Quote from: Lord Zambia on July 05, 2012, 11:26:52 PM

Flickerfield is an invulnerable save, you get it against anything which causes a glancing or penetrating hit. ;)

Yeah just checked the new errata - Flickers have been changed (again :P). They can now also be taken against terrain tests, which is useful.

However my point of view still stands. It's not difficult to deploy with 25% of a vehicle obscured - and if you cant, start in reserve - or, don't whinge if (when) it dies :P

BigToof

You might want to consider anti-air depending on your meta.  Poison won't stop a flier from harassing you.

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3

crisis_vyper

Quote from: BigToof on July 06, 2012, 12:51:15 AM
You might want to consider anti-air depending on your meta.  Poison won't stop a flier from harassing you.

Best,
-BT

Either that or join the Dark Eldar Air Force. Thankfully I already have three of those razorwings to begin with to hold the line until I can get my hands on those damn Voidravens. :)

Rej

Quote from: BigToof on July 06, 2012, 12:51:15 AM

Best,
-BT

Haha, well so far my Meta is one other great guy (read: Tom) without any flyers, so I'm good so far!

But also I plan on getting a voidraven bomber when they come out and I've got a Razorwing I'm painting.

And also I tend to agree with Zambia, Flickerfields have become to situational to be worth the points in my opinion.

Played some 6th edition and I am Loving it.
Phew...