Author Topic: The New 2S  (Read 6877 times)

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
The New 2S
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:55:02 PM »
Second Sphere has had a change in it's content distribution and board structure.

As you may have noticed the 'main' forums are a lot smaller than they used to be - we've gone from over a hundred boards to under 50 in total, the visible boards for guests have dropped significantly, we've cleared or merged less-used boards and we've also remove most topics.

You may be wondering what we've done with all of this old content but don't worry! We've not deleted it. ;) We are in the process of moving it over to a new Second Sphere Archive which will let people access the old information without it cluttering up our primary website.

This move has a number of advantages. One of the major ones is that we can restore 2S after crashes a lot faster but it also has usability enhancements and should make the forums more responsive and user-friendly.

We hope you that you have no problems with these changes.

-Second Sphere Committees

EDIT The 2S Archive is available at the following address: http://secondsphere.org/labs
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:55:37 PM by Sorck the Spork »

Offline Carrelio

• Shas'La
  • Karma 5
    • View Profile
Re: The New 2S
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 02:44:07 PM »
Don't know how I feel about Tau being labled under the Imperium... we are a Tau site afterall...

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »
Don't know how I feel about Tau being labled under the Imperium... we are a Tau site afterall...
There are reasons behind Tau being part of the Imperium and Allies section.

The only one which I can mention at the moment is that the Tau section wasn't really active enough to justify having it's own board. It is possible that it could have it's own board again later if activity on the Tau side of things picks up.

Offline Mabbz

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »
So the army boards have been reduced to an "Imperium and allies" board and an "enemies of the Imperium" board? Are you going to add sub boards for individual races or just have Eldar, Tau, SM, IG and any other allies that I missed all jumbled together?

Also, you've merged the Science and Technology board into the "LoTR and other GW Games" board. The newest thread in that board is about Team Fortress 2, which wasn't a GW game last time I checked

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 02:58:33 PM »
So the army boards have been reduced to an "Imperium and allies" board and an "enemies of the Imperium" board? Are you going to add sub boards for individual races or just have Eldar, Tau, SM, IG and any other allies that I missed all jumbled together?
Currently that is the case. Sub-boards may be introduced if they are required. However, we would rather wait until there are a few 6th edition topics for each of those forces before giving them their own boards (which, as I said before, would be child boards not fully fledge boards for reasons that should become clear in a few days).

Also, you've merged the Science and Technology board into the "LoTR and other GW Games" board. The newest thread in that board is about Team Fortress 2, which wasn't a GW game last time I checked
Oops... I would have made an error for one of the board transfer arrays. :-[

Offline InsaneTD

• Insanest of all
  • Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
  • Black Wolf
    • View Profile
    • I did a thing...
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 02:38:01 AM »
Mark topics read button isn't working in the Enclave at the moment, haven't tried it anywhere else yet.

Edit; Also not working in Online Roleplay, so I guess it's just not working. :P

Edit, the second; Mark Topics read button at the bottom of the index page isn't working either.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:26:55 AM by Tybalt Defet »

Offline Rej

• Shas'Vre
  • Karma 8
  • Done...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 06:24:57 AM »
Wouldn't the simpliest thing to do be split up the armies the same way they do in the 6th edition rulebook? Forces of the Imperium, The Xenos Threat, The Great Enemy. I like that system.
Phew...

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 10:56:58 AM »
Mark topics read button isn't working in the Enclave at the moment, haven't tried it anywhere else yet.

Edit; Also not working in Online Roleplay, so I guess it's just not working. :P

Edit, the second; Mark Topics read button at the bottom of the index page isn't working either.
This is one of those errors that I just can't reproduce. :P

So it doesn't mark things as read I would assume?

Wouldn't the simpliest thing to do be split up the armies the same way they do in the 6th edition rulebook? Forces of the Imperium, The Xenos Threat, The Great Enemy. I like that system.
Possibly but it depends if it will work with [insert secret project here]. Also, this board structure was designed pre-6th so we didn't have this to base it upon from the start. :P

Offline InsaneTD

• Insanest of all
  • Shas'Vre
  • Karma 3
  • Black Wolf
    • View Profile
    • I did a thing...
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 11:38:43 AM »
Correct. I've also noticed that it doesn't make some threads I have read, as read. It may just be the theme I'm using. Which is the SMF Default.

Edit; Could be the Android browser that's the problem.

Offline Sorck

• BBCode glows...
  • Administrator
  • Karma 18
  • Kernel Sorck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 10:56:37 PM »
The 2S Archive is now available at http://secondsphere.org/labs

Correct. I've also noticed that it doesn't make some threads I have read, as read. It may just be the theme I'm using. Which is the SMF Default.

Edit; Could be the Android browser that's the problem.
I've just noticed the problem also. :-\ I'm not sure what'll be causing this. I'll have to look it up...

anything
anything