News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Anvil Industry

Started by Narric, July 28, 2012, 03:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narric

I'm sure some of you ahve already heard me yap on about Anvil, but that shouldn't stop you from checking them out.

Just today however, I've discovered they're now branching out from the Steam Lords, and filling out an interesting game universe.

Up first are the Imperial Borderers:
"Imperial Borderers are recruited from the endless farmlands and vales between the Alpha Cities of Helot Prime. In the time of civil war these countryside provinces have become nightmare battleground of foetid trenches and smashed bunker complexes, where the Borderer regiments repel constant assaults from house Crowmanita and their Occult allies."

A very cool human army by the looks of them.

Also, there is an Occult Investigator

I can't help but think of Carnby from Alone in the Dark whilst looking at this model..

Both can be bought right now from Anvil.

There is also an option on the webiste for "Guardsman Regiments." I'm much interested to see what Anvil comes up with for this category.

Narric

Thread-necromanci, and Double Posting. I don't care.

Anvil have released, what I think, is the most beautiful Model set/Squad. The Black Ops Fireteam.

I'm lost for words, so I'm going to just copy/paste what this pack includes:
10 Unique Figure Sculpts forming an entire Fireteam, including a number of figures with interchangeable arm options to make Sergeants/Scouts/Heavy Weapons Troopers. Ten Thermal Power Plants are also included as shown.

10 Different Assault Weapons featuring a variety of different weapon types to deal with different tactical situations. Six of the weapons are interchangeable and can be used on any of the six "Riflemen" figures in the set.

10 Unique Head/Helmet Options (15 Heads total)  including different combinations of equipment, and separate Visors/Night Vision/Lamps which can be attached to mounting points on the helmets.

40+ Optional Accessory Parts including a Fusion Cannon, Pistols, Stacked Mag Holders, Combat Knives, Equipment Belts and Storage Pouches - allowing for complete customisation of your Fireteam!

I've had a quick look at Forge World to compare to their Resin kits.

As usual, Anvil beats FW/GW for price, as the Fireteam is only £30.

Thats all I can really say. A bit disappointed no one seems to have shown interest in Anvil, at least not voiced their interest here.

Wargamer

Those are seriously sweet models! :o
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

InsaneTD

They look really nice. Shame they don't do anything for the army I play. :P

Lord Sotek

The next time I get anything to expand my tabletop Bright Lords, it's probably going to come primarily from Anvil.
Quote from: Saulus on March 17, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
Often I hear delusional ramble like "I painted and collected my army as ultramarine tyranid hunters....but Pedro is really good, so now I'm using him, but I'm just going to call him Jimbob-Fistpumper, cause that fits with my

Osiris

Quote from: Narric on February 28, 2013, 08:33:45 PM
Thread-necromanci, and Double Posting. I don't care.

Anvil have released, what I think, is the most beautiful Model set/Squad. The Black Ops Fireteam.

I'm lost for words, so I'm going to just copy/paste what this pack includes:
10 Unique Figure Sculpts forming an entire Fireteam, including a number of figures with interchangeable arm options to make Sergeants/Scouts/Heavy Weapons Troopers. Ten Thermal Power Plants are also included as shown.

10 Different Assault Weapons featuring a variety of different weapon types to deal with different tactical situations. Six of the weapons are interchangeable and can be used on any of the six "Riflemen" figures in the set.

10 Unique Head/Helmet Options (15 Heads total)  including different combinations of equipment, and separate Visors/Night Vision/Lamps which can be attached to mounting points on the helmets.

40+ Optional Accessory Parts including a Fusion Cannon, Pistols, Stacked Mag Holders, Combat Knives, Equipment Belts and Storage Pouches - allowing for complete customisation of your Fireteam!

I've had a quick look at Forge World to compare to their Resin kits.

As usual, Anvil beats FW/GW for price, as the Fireteam is only £30.

Thats all I can really say. A bit disappointed no one seems to have shown interest in Anvil, at least not voiced their interest here.

would they be considered 'truscale' models?
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Narric

I don't think the Steam Lords (Now named Exo-Lord) are Truescale, however, the "Miniatures of the North" range is.

That said, some aspects of the Exo-lord parts are smaller than GW Space Marine parts. Medieval armoured arms have a smaller Shoulder pads area, and the hands Anvil produce are smaller than SMs hands. The helmets seem to go on the Marshmallow head route, like GW does.

blatant advertising
In the MofN range they're currently running an army deal for the Chaos Dwarfs. 36 models for £46.

Osiris

hmmm. would not be bad to grab some if you are a GK or IG player, at least in my opinion. as to the dwarves...i think that the SM would try and eliminate them, just on the principle of them being different.
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Narric

The Dwarfs are for Fantasy games, not sci-fi :P

For IG, Joel is soon releasing some "Guardsmen" sized weapons.
Spoiler
In order on the sprue (These are the 3D printer masters):
Guardsman Storm Bolter Firestorm Carbine, Guardsman Sniper Rifle, Guardsman Autogun Assault Rifle, Guardsman Shotgun, Guardsman Lasgun Las Rifle

Chris

Those are very nice... If I ever get some spare cash, I'm going to be all over both those squads!

Narric

The guns are close to being released. Here they are displayed on some Bionic Guardsmen :D

Click the image to enlarge

Narric

Osiris

they look so familiar. :shifty:

awesome models.
IF - 5k
UM - 2k
Eldar - 2k

Narric

New Lance Carbines are up for sale on the Site (and have been for a few days, I've only just remembered this thread :P)

Models are designed to provide easy swapping between Cobi-weapons. They are even pre-prepared for a 2x1mm magnet, for a more secure fitting.

Single gun pack - http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=276
5 Gun Pack (Save £3 compared to individual purchase) - http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=80&product_id=277

The Secondary Weapons are as follows:
- Ion Rifle
- Grenade Launcher
- Fusion Cannon
- Flame Cannon

Ammo packs are:
- Drum
- High Capacity
- Curved

One thing that Icer pointed out over on FB, is the positioning of the "One-use" weapon. I can agree, it does look a bit sily in regards to real life. However, I like the Form follows Function aspect myself, as well as the ability to swap out combi-weapons easily.

If you combine this pack with the previous Missile Launcher pack, you can make a Combi-Nuke Launcher :P

People were aparently demanding this to be an option with the pack XD

Narric