News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Ork Flyer

Started by Will's on Fire, August 26, 2012, 02:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will's on Fire

This is a fairly simple topic, so lets get some discussion going!

Which of the 3 planes do you think is the most effective as an all rounder?

I tried out the Blitza Bomma against a Space Marine army. It came in, hit and penetrated a vindicator with it's shot and stunned it. The next shot, I found myself hoping to roll a double 1 to crash into the ground and do more damage than the actual bomb would. This happening got me thinking, that do I really want to invest my points in something that I actually want to roll badly on because doing so causes it to do more damage than it would otherwise put out? I think it would be effective against closely placed tanks, but how often does that really happen anymore? I found that the small blast really limits it's ability to do that much damage, and even if it does penetrate, you're looking at a 1 in 6 chance of actually killing what you hit.

Has anyone had any luck using the blitza bomma?

The dakkajet to me represents exactly what I want from orks. Lots of shots. This thing packs plenty of shots, strafing run gives it a really nice bonus against the vast majority of ground targets. This thing packs a nice punch against the majority of targets and can even dish out the hurt with simple quantity of wounds against TeQ as you force enough saves onto them. However, after that waagh! turn where you fire a lot of shots, enough to be truly dangerous the effectiveness then drops. I guess 6 of these and 4 warpheads would be interesting. :P It's also the cheapest of the planes, and therefore it can get it's points back the easiest. It also has the strength to threaten light vehicles.

Is this your favourite ork bomber?

And finally the burna bomber. This is one that I am yet to try out. I'm struggling to work out how effective the bomb will actually be. It has to come on my board edge, and if it comes on turn 2, will there be the unit you want to take out with the bomb be out of their transports? The missiles look nice so I think I will have to try it out.

Has anyone tried the burna bomma? What have you thought of it?

- Will

Arguleon-veq

Dakka Jet by far, you can make sure its BS3 against most targets and its getting 9 shots without the Waaagh. Thats pretty good. Your looking at putting 2 HP of damage on AV11 Flyers with it, which isnt bad.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

El ShasOcho

Against an army without AA or their own aircraft, dakkajets are very dangerous. They are tough to shoot down without something with skyfire, and can usually take out anything AV10-11 in one round with average to good rolls even without a WAAGH. They can also get side shots on most things, meaning you can take out things like preds, devilfish, and such.

Combined with my nob bikers who deal with pretty much everything infantry wise and heavy tanks,my Lootas to take on light to medium armor, and my boy mobz to put boots on the ground and provide more anti infantry and objective control, I have a pretty solid list which my jets compliment nicely.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in