News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

No more wound shenanigans

Started by Cammerz, September 08, 2012, 07:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cammerz

According to the 40k rulebook FAQ and errata;

GK Paladins, SW Wolf Guard, Ork Nobz, Ork Warbiker Nobz and Tau Crisis Battlesuit Shas'Vres

have all lost their unit type roles as characters, however all except Paladins are still characters if they lead a unit (eg. Shas'Vre in a standard Crisis team, Warbiker Nob leading standard Warbikers ect.)

So no longer can multi-wound model units make use of the Look Out Sir rule so share wounds around.

And even if these changes hadn't occurred;

Look Out Sir has been changed so the wound is given to the closest model in the unit to the character in question.

Wargamer

I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Will's on Fire

Sucks, looks like they're really going for shooting being king. Not to mention the stupid new, give loads of stuff ap2 at initiative to screw with combat. And challenges that are just stupid. Ah well.

This coming from someone who has enjoyed playing 6th ed so far. These FAQ's have really thrown a spanner in the works.

- Will

Wargamer

A lot more AP 2 is needed in combat, otherwise Terminators are just far, far too good.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Scout Sergeant Mkoll

Quote from: Cammerz on September 08, 2012, 07:02:24 AM
According to the 40k rulebook FAQ and errata;

GK Paladins, SW Wolf Guard, Ork Nobz, Ork Warbiker Nobz and Tau Crisis Battlesuit Shas'Vres
It's worth noting that Wolf Guard aren't multi-wound and were only ever characters if they were split off anyway, that was put in the original Space Wolf FAQ. :P However I am incredibly happy that they have finally seen sense regarding Ork Nobz and Paladins. Finally the cheese is slightly brought into line. :D

Mkoll's Awesome Card Counter: +8

May the brave be remembered forever. Farewell our friends.

Quote from: Mabbz on June 03, 2011, 10:43:53 AM
Mkoll wins.

Quote from: LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.

[img]http

El ShasOcho

Well, had to see that coming. Guess my nob bikers aren't quite as rock had as they were.

The one thing I am a bit bummed about is big choppas becoming 2 handed. That gives my nob one less attack, which sucks because that was the whole point of them, lots of high s attacks.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Will's on Fire

Quote from: Brother Perturabo on September 10, 2012, 07:28:43 PM
The one thing I am a bit bummed about is big choppas becoming 2 handed. That gives my nob one less attack, which sucks because that was the whole point of them, lots of high s attacks.

They always were two handed. Check your codex. :)

- Will

El ShasOcho

Quote from: Will Vas Fire on September 10, 2012, 07:30:38 PM
Quote from: Brother Perturabo on September 10, 2012, 07:28:43 PM

They always were two handed. Check your codex. :)

- Will
Whoops. I always just read the last sentence, completely missed that. Doesn't help that they ordinarily carry them in one hand to make things more confusing.

Quote from: Lee Lee Declis on August 06, 2010, 03:14:38 AM
Although, it must be said, one should always have a Fantasy in

Arguleon-veq

The biggest point in terms of wound allocating in this FAQ is that you can't now Look out Sir after FAILING a save. So no 3+ Inv for a unit with a character with a storm shield.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33