News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

Fast Attack [RULES]

Started by Masked Thespian, September 20, 2012, 06:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masked Thespian

Whoops...  Looks like someone forgot to post the Fast Attack contest.  Oh...  wait...  that was me...   :facepalm001:

Sorry, folks.  MT's been a little preoccupied recently what with turning 30 and all...

Here's the contest, and it will be extended accordingly.

Lightning-fast gunships, swift moving assaulters, stealthy forerunners, and bike-mounted troopers grant a commander a multitude of tactical options and can quickly turn the tides of war.  This contest is open to any Fast Attack choice from a Warhammer 40,000 Codex.

Dates:

• Entries can be submitted via a PM to Masked Thespian from September 20th until November 13th.
  • Voting will take place between November 14th and November 20th.
  • Winners will be announced on the 21st of November.

Prizes:
1st Place - 10pts
2nd Place - 5pts
3rd Place - 2pts

(The top 3 all receive official 2S winners seals as well).

The winner of this contest will also be able to lay their grubby little mitts on a fantastic shiny set of Custom Second Sphere Dice:

Rules:

• The unit must be a legal Fast Attack choice in a current edition 40k Codex;
    • Transport options, such as Rhinos or Mycetic Spores, may be included (and indeed must be included if they are a compulsory part of the unit choice such as in the case of a Tau Pathfinder squad);
  • Up to three pictures of your entry may be submitted;
  • Forgeworld models and Monstrous Creatures are accepted;
  • A caption or title of up to 10 words may be included as part of your entry;
  • Depending on response, entries may be divided by a panel of impartial judges into Master and Novice tiers for the purposes of voting;
  • The models may not have been entered in a previous contest;
    • Contests running at the time of the big crash are not considered to be previous contests for the purpose of this rule;
  • The models must be fully painted;
  • Photos of your entry may not exceed 800x600 pixels;
    • If your photos exceed 800x600 pixels then Contests HQ reserves the right to reduce them to an appropriate size.

Don't forget to check out the Elites Contest.  Only 11 more days to get your entries in!
Regards,
MT.
Quote from: Ravager Zero
Freaking mod-ninja. :P

Although, given that you're in Japan now, I suppose that's entirely legit. :shifty:

Narric

Ah, another contest to get some Minis sorted for :D

Vyper

Might be able to get some minis done for this one. Might.  :P

Will's on Fire

I have something in the works. Might be able to get it painted, not so sure about whether I'll be able to get photo's of it, but I'll give it a go. :D

- Will

Tactical Genius

I will be entering this one. my first contest. im looking forward to it :-)
"OI, Close the skylight"
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on Today at 08:10:48 PM
His fail is always spelling, and grammer. Verbally he has a fine grip of the queens English, but ask him to write it down and hes like Iron Man in a magnet factory.

Rej

Fast Attack? I've got just the thing.
Phew...

Tom

Quote from: Masked Thespian on September 20, 2012, 06:29:39 PM
what with turning 30 and all...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I only have one Eldar fast attack option left that hasn't been entered in a competition! Although... wait I've just remembered I have a forgeworld option too. That's really going to ruin my painting schedule that is.

I think fast attack has got to be my favourite slot.

Tempest Six Two

Oh MT, you are so old now... although, I did just turn 32, so whatevs...

I actually dont have any FA stuff yet... maybe my collection of birthday money can buy me something to paint up? *go eBay go*

edit: purchased! currently assembling and painting :)
My mini painting and terrain building blog- come check it out: http://tempest-terrain.blogspot.com/

[IMG]http://secondsphere.org/award.php?i=384&k=d2dd7e&m

Tactical Genius

MT you've forgotten about the voti.g thread. it was due to start yesterday  :facepalm001:
"OI, Close the skylight"
Quote from: The Man They Call Jayne on Today at 08:10:48 PM
His fail is always spelling, and grammer. Verbally he has a fine grip of the queens English, but ask him to write it down and hes like Iron Man in a magnet factory.