News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Sorceror Lord Nemeroth

Started by Wargamer, October 11, 2012, 06:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargamer

This has taken far too long to do. :P

Nemeroth                                           185pts.
   WsBsSTWIALdSv
Nemeroth
4 4 3 5 3 10 2+/5++

Unit Size: 1 (Unique)      
Unit Type: Infantry      
Equipment:

• Two power fists
  • Terminator armour.
Options:
May purchase the Dark Relic at + 30pts.
Special Rules:
  • Champion of Chaos
  • Fearless
  • Independent Character
  • Psyker (Mastery level 2)
  • Chosen of Nemeroth

Chaos Sorcery: Nemeroth's psychic powers are not rolled for at the start of the game - he always uses the following Telepathy powers: Dominate and Puppet Master.

Chosen of Nemeroth: If Nemeroth is the army's Warlord, then one squad of Chosen may be taken as a Troops choice.

The Dark Relic: The Dark Relic grants Nemeroth three Boons of Chaos. Re-roll any "Spawnhood" or "Multiple Boons" results. If you roll Dark Apotheosis, disregard all other rolls.
I wrote a novel - Dreamscape: The Wanderer.. Available in paperback and pdf.

Quote from: Liberate the Warhammers
People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

The Man They Call Jayne

Sounds cool, but a 3+ save with Terminator armour? Im guessing typo? :P
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Wargamer

Yeah, a copy-paste error. :shifty: He's fixed now.

People who have no sense of Sportsmanship have NO PLACE designing any Gaming system

Arkitek

He had some sort of plasma weapon in his gauntlets as well last time I played through. Say plasma pistols? Granted, they behaved more like plasma cannons, but that'd be kind of crazy.
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Wargamer

In the game we never see those weird gun things in his hands do much. We only ever see him pin people in place, so I was inclined to assume he projects his powers through his hands.

Perhaps he should have the option of having a twin-linked plasma pistol added to his wargear at +15pts?

Arkitek

A bit odd that a unique character would have options, but hey, why not?
"Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune

Narric

Quote from: Arkitek on May 24, 2013, 04:23:49 PM
Magneus Calgar and Juggalo Khan have options, don't they? Alt armour and Bike option respectively if I remember right. Unfortunately I don't have my SMurf dex to check it.

Knight Commander Pask, and Discotank Commander Tau dude have options in the form of which tank they're added to, and obviously what options the tank has.

Does the Ravenwing Character from Dark Angels still have the option to be either a Jetbike or Land Speeder?

Grimaldus and Helbrecht could technically have options, in the form of their Command Groups, which can be tailored to fit the army they're added into.

Thats just off the top of my head.

The Man They Call Jayne

Shadowsun has Drone options.
Jaynes Awesome Card Counter: +5

Secondspheres Crash Card Counter +4

Wargamer

It is primarily so you can choose whether you want to field Nemeroth before he acquired the "power source" or after it. Much easier than making two sets of rules for one character. :P

Narric

Quote from: Wargamer on May 25, 2013, 02:26:43 PM
It is primarily so you can choose whether you want to field Nemeroth before he acquired the "power source" or after it. Much easier than making two sets of rules for one character. :P
I can understand that logic, though I can't help but compare to Dante of Blood Angels who has two different stats and rules entirely.

Wargamer

You mean Tycho surely?

In his case, Tycho's shift kind of needed a different set of stats for both versions. With Nemeroth the Relic turned him into a Daemon Prince, which is a possible result of a Boon of Chaos.

Narric

I'm going off memory. I don't have my BA codex :P

But you know what I mean, right?