News:

For the most up to date reports about what is going on with the forum, and the latest topics of interest, throw us a like on Facebook, and if you're wanting some light banter with the seasoned and spiced members, join the Second Sphere Members Group.

Main Menu

4x 600 Point Games [vs Chaos, Necrons, Nids + BA]

Started by Arguleon-veq, October 21, 2012, 11:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arguleon-veq

I have started to play 600 point games again with a small 600 point tournament coming up. They are nice and quick and I think they bring a whole different tactical element to the game in trying to maximise your force with so few points and having next to nothing that is expendable.

There are some restrictions though:

1HQ
2-6 Troops
0-1 Elite
0-1 HS or FA
No Flyers [MC's must stay as Jump MC's],
No Fortifications
No Allies

Here is the list I use at this points value:

Rune Priest: Chooser of the Slain, Melta Bombs, Force Sword.
Lone Wolf: Chainfist, Terminator Armour, Storm Shield.
10 Grey Hunters: 2 Meltas
Drop Pod:
5 Grey Hunters: Plasma Gun
5 Long Fangs: 4 Missiles

Game 1 vs Chaos

Warpsmith: Mutation
30 Cultists: Autoguns, 3 Heavy Stubbers
10 Chaos Marines: Autocannon, Plasma Gun
Forgefiend: 2 Hades Autocannons

3 Objectives - Dawn[pitched]

I go first, his force is clustered around a high building. The cultists and smith inside it with the forgefiend at the base, his marines are further forward going for the central objective.

I have my 5 grey hunters and my fangs along with my priest holding my objective in amongst some silos. My lone wolf is ready to move up behind some large LOS blocking ruins in the centre of the table where the other objective is whilst his cultists hold the last in their building.

I figure the forgefiend is my biggest threat and I want first blood so I drop in on it and unleash 2 meltas on it, im worried about it charging me and holding me all game but i cant afford to give it free reign as I don
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

Arguleon-veq

Game 3 vs Nids

Hive Tyrant: Wings, Biomancy, 2 Twin Linked Devourers
Tervigon: Talons, Poison, FnP Power
10 Termagaunts:
2 Hiveguard:

1 Objective Each - Diagonal

I get first turn again and I deploy my whole force in a big multi level tower. He tervigon is staying as far away from jaws as possible and stays next to some ruins next to his objective with his gaunts. The tyrant starts as close to me as he can, hoping to get in amongst my army, the hive guard join him ready to take pot shots at me from behind cover.

I drop my squad right on the tyrant, risky if i don
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33

BigToof

Thanks for the reports!
Very interesting restrictions, but I suppose it's to keep things from being too spammy...
I'm a bit surprised that allies were also restricted, but that's how it goes sometimes.
Glad to see SW rockin' the house!

Best,
-BT
BigToof Points:

Cammerz: 8
Waaaghpower: 1
The Man They Call Jayne: 3
Mabbz: 6
Archon Sharrek: 3