News:

Cammerz brings us some fantastically painted and customised Alpha Legion. Check out their work with detail shots and design insight.

Main Menu

Stormtalon usefulness question

Started by Scalphunta, October 22, 2012, 10:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scalphunta

Greetings,

Please can you assist me? I was just wondering if there is a way to make the Stormtalons a viable choice in a Ultramarine list. I read the comments of one of the members stating Stormtalons were not worth it in 6th Edition. I planned on using a Drop Pod list (Libby, 3 Sternguard squad, 2 Tacticals all in Droppods) with allied Imperial Guard (2 Vendettas, 2 Veteran squad and Lord Commisar). The 2 Stormtalons would round out the list. I am trying to find a good way to use them. Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Quote from: Chapter Master Seth on January 12, 2011, 02:07:02 AM
I'm not even kidding though. I really do like [you]. :\

I consider [you] my best friend on the site and somebody I'd like to meet in person.

Arguleon-veq

They really are a terrible choice, far too many points for what they do.

That is in comparison to other flyers though, if you are facing lists that dont have much to deal with flyers they are still quite the pain to deal with.

If you just want two marine flyers to look right, id go for two land speeders dropping in with multi meltas to tank bust instead. Still  not a great choice but way more points effective.

You could always just use Blood Angels rules for your army and rather than those Talons just to a Raven.
X-Wing Tournaments;
1st - 38
11th - 33